THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index
Merlin's 'Weedy Apple' Tincture

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Talk about yum! M MMM Good!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
merlingfx
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:04 am    Post subject: Merlin's 'Weedy Apple' Tincture Reply with quote

I happened to be browsing's Roger's old forum archive and came across the post on his tincture recipe. I've heard of such things, but never really gave it much thought as I know with edibles it just seem the quality of high just isn't the same as smoking. Anyway I decided it was worth a shot, so I got a little 50ml bottle (1.5oz), and filled it with '99 Apples', a 99 proof (49.5% alcohol) apple liquer, and then added 1.5g of buds, ripped up like I was rolling a jpint (to expose more surface area to the alcohol).

I had read reports where people leave the mixture, shaken occasionally, for anywhere from 6 hours to about a week, or in Roger's case bringing the mixture to a simmer anywhere from 3 minutes to half an hour. I thought I'd traverse the grey area in between, let the mixture stand for 4 hours, then set the bottle in a soup warmer contraption I picked up at Walgreen's for $9 and found a setting that just barely kept the water at a slow boil. I let it sit for 10 minutes, in the simmer then let the bottle cool down for about 30 minutes.

I then poured the mixture through a strainer into a plastic cup, then rinsed the bottle and poured the filtered tincture back in from the plastic cup. Just before this I was sure to gather all the plant matter and press it out to get every last drop I could from it. I was left with approx 40ml of a deep earthy green fairly opaque/cloudy mixture that looked quite amazing actually.

I proceeded to try (administered with an eyedropper) 1ml (If this were a little dropper made for a 50ml bottle it would be about a full squirt of the stuff. I let it sit under my tungue, it was like a burning weedy caramel apple flavor that neither tasted too particularly weedy or burned to harsh. I let it sit for as long as I could stand the alcohol's burn then swallowed. I noticed a light head change about 15 minutes in, but certainly this was no replacement for a nice bowl.

I then waited 30 more minutes to make sure that was all I'd get from it, then tried 2ml of the liquid, held under the tongue as long as possible then again swallowed. Not much more of an effect then the first time I'm afraid. So somewhat dissappointed I went to sleep. I was thinking perhaps I was being too stingy with the cannabis as I read somewhere for a good potency it would need 7g of buds to 1.5oz (~50ml) of Everclear or Bicardi 151, simmered for 30 minutes, administered at 1.4ml at a time, created a truly meditative trance like state.

So I awoke in the morning and thought I wouldn't keep wasting the potion by continuing to gradually squirt more and more, but went ahead and dumoed the mixture into a drinking glass and took what amounted to be about a shot of this mixture, some 37ml or so. I then poured it in my mouth, held my tongue up and let it sit as long as I could stand, swirling it occasionally, until I had to swallow or spit, and I sure wasn't going to spit ut $30 worth of extracted buds. It was pretty nasty in that quantity, I was starting to burp candied weed apple flavored burps and thought if I didn't smoke a small bowl I may end up getting nausea. I went ahead and did so, and I remained just rediculously baked for 5 hours, started coming back, smoked another bowl (met up with a friend and we split two bowls), and here I am an hour later back in the magical la la land I was in this morning!

This next time I think I'll try the horrible tasting 151 prrof rum and the full 7g to one oz simmered for 30 minutes to see if I can get something more potent in smaler dosages.

Perhaps 10 minutes was too long and I killed the THC? Who knows, its a pricey road of experimentation when you aren't growing your own sacrament. I think I'll likely try making the hoily oil before attempting to make a tincture again. I'm hoping absorbtion through the skin works better then oral or sublingual administration.
The Moose

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found that just letting the herb steep naturally in the tincturing agent does just fine. About one large choice bud stuffed down into a pint will do the trick. Let it steep about a season (3 months) in the back of your linen closet or under a sink where it will stay unmolested for the time. Use the resulting elixer a shot at a time.
Rev.DeGray2

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been thinking about that for the past few days now and was going to ask somewhere here about various ways to make tinctures.

I was wondering how long and at what temp. for the one bro. Roger posted on the old boards should be and if you pour everything in the bottles shortly after they come out.

I guess they are to be stored shortly then thereafter in a cool place, mabey the refridgerator?

Sincerely Rev. DeGray 2
The Moose

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember from back in the 70's being told all about this stuff by a Nam Vet called Doc. Doc used low heat, a double boiler, and no open flame when dealing with hot alcohol. 30 mins to an hour was reccommended. About an OZ of herb was used per fifth of liquor - if I remember right.
Ferre
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Moose, nice to see you around! Very Happy

I hereby declare Peace on war!
█ Please read the Board Rules and Posting, and you
Radio Free Amsterdam
People who know truth, speak truth.
Those who don't, quote scriptures.
The Moose

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I look in here from time to time to see what's new and there really hadn't been much traffic out here ... scared ... but then I saw this, so here I am again!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Talk about yum! M MMM Good! All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: