THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index
Maui County Cannabis ordinance

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Legislation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RogerChristie
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 9:03 am    Post subject: Maui County Cannabis ordinance Reply with quote

Hello friends,

Aloha. There is a draft ordinance for the voters of Maui County on the table and it needs some help. Would you please take a read of it and add your ideas to amend or change or enhance it? It's needed ASAP. Mahalo.

All the best to you,

Roger

http://www.patientswithouttime.com/content.php?content.30
zero
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill have a deep look at it tonight when I get off work.

I promise not to be drunk.

"I understand that fear is my friend, but not always. Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed."
Tafari

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id like to see a tax and regulate ordnance go a little further and incorporate something like the Mendocino ordnance for personal growing and possession. Thus truly making it similar to alcohol- those who buy it generate a tax revenue but also those who want to grow their own can certainly do that as well.

Tax & Regulate but also the decriminalization and cultivation of 25 plants and the fruit there of.

Peace; Tafari
Tafari

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roger,

10,000 sigs shouldnt be that hard. How many registered voters in the county? How many 18+ residence in the county?

'Rogers ltr: The voters of the county shall have power to propose ordinances to the council. If the council fails to adopt an ordinance so proposed without any change in substance, the voters may adopt the same at the polls, such power being known as the initiative power'.

Ha, ha I like that

Peace; Tafari
Tafari

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Event Launches Marijuana Ballot Initiatives

Wailuku, Hawaii -- Two voter-driven ballot initiatives relating to marijuana use in Maui County will be launched at a kickoff celebration from 3 to 7 p.m. today at 71 Baldwin Ave. in Paia.

Brian Murphy, director of Maui County Citizens for Democracy in Action, said that of 688 patients on Maui with licenses to use medical marijuana, only eight have been able to get enough marijuana to meet their needs.

Those who attempt to grow it themselves often have their crops stolen by thieves, he said.

One ballot initiative would address that problem by proposing to create a system under which local farmers could lease a “garden plot” and provide assistance for medical marijuana patients to grow their own plants. “By doing it this way, we don’t ever sell marijuana, and the farmers would never sell marijuana, but we’d have a secure way for the patients to get the product they need,” he said.

Murphy runs Patients Without Time, which helps patients who use medical marijuana for pain and appetite problems.

“I have 680 patients who need help,” he said.

A second ballot initiative proposes that Maui police not enforce drug laws for people caught with less than an ounce of marijuana. Murphy said the goal was to have marijuana use treated equally with alcohol use.

“This is for the person in the privacy of their home. If they want to be a cannabis smoker rather than an alcohol drinker, they should have that right,” he said.

To get on the 2006 ballot, Murphy’s group needs to collect for each initiative 8,301 signatures of registered Maui County voters who voted in the last mayoral election, within 90 days of filing papers. Murphy said his goal is to actually collect 10,000 signatures, to cover for mistakes or unusable signatures on the petitions.

An easier way to get the proposals on the ballot would have been to have it sponsored by a Maui County Council member and voted on by the full council. But Murphy said he was turned down when he transmitted the initiatives to all nine council members last year.

“They didn’t even want to talk about it,” he said.

He was confident his group would get the signatures it needed to put the two marijuana proposals in front of voters this fall.

“The response has been overwhelming,” he said.

Today’s event will include speakers, pupu and music, and will be broadcast live online at: http://www.mccfdia.com

For more information, call 579-8315 or e-mail: info@mccfdia.com

Source: Maui News, The (HI)
Published: Saturday, February 04, 2006
Copyright: 2006 The Maui News
RogerChristie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:34 am    Post subject: I wish him well, but ... Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

Aloha. Thanks for posting this progressive news from Maui.

I used to be a part of this effort until two weeks ago. Personal matters I have with Brian finally got the best of us and I have yet to be able to 'fix it' with him. I don't see the blessing in this, yet, either. I'm looking.

I love Maui and Brian and the work we've done together, AND I was supposed to give the opening prayer and blessing at the event! Instead I was here on Hawai'i island doing the best ministry work I could think of doing locally.

Hopefully "this too shall pass" and I'll be back commuting to Maui and working with Brian again soon. Until then and beyond, I wish him and Maui well.

All the best to you,

Roger

###
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Legislation All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: