THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index
AustraliaBasqueBulgariaCanadaChinaEgyptFranceGreeceIcelandIndiaIndonesiaIrelandJamaicaJapanJordanLatviaMexicoNetherlandsNew Zealand
NorwaySpainPakistanLebanonPeruPolandPeurto RicoRomaniaRussiaSingaporeSouth AfricaSudanSwedenThailandTurkeyUnited KingdomUSAUzbekistan
Marijuana activist pledges more protests

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Legislation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ferre
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 7:17 am    Post subject: Marijuana activist pledges more protests Reply with quote

Burlington County Times wrote:
Newshawk: Ed Forchion http://newjersey.usmjparty.com/
Pubdate: Fri, 21 Nov 2003
Source: Burlington County Times (NJ)
Copyright: 2003 Calkins Newspapers. Inc.
Webpage: http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/news/112-11212003-199992.html

Author: John Reitmeyer, Burlington County Times

Note: Our newshawk informs us that the Liberty Bell protest is actually on Saturday, December 6th from 3 pm to 4:30 pm and that the newspaper was in error, below.

See: the 'Weedman' TV ads at http://www.crrh.org/hemptv/misc_weedman.html
and NextPlay Video's 41 minute documentary 'Ed Forchion - First Amendment Activist at http://drugpolicycentral.com/real/njweedman.rm
Cited: U.S. Marijuana Party http://www.usmjparty.com/
Bookmark: http://www.mapinc.org/people/Forchion (Ed Forchion)

MARIJUANA ACTIVIST PLEDGES MORE PROTESTS

MOUNT HOLLY - Marijuana legalization advocate Ed Forchion is getting
ready to complete a [url]20-month parole term for drug possession, but
don't expect the self-described "nj-weedman" to keep quiet once that
term is done.

To celebrate the end of his parole, Forchion said he plans to go to
the Liberty Bell in Philadelphia on Dec. 3, when the parole term ends.
He said he will smoke marijuana with other activists in front of the
national symbol of freedom as "a patriotic thing" and a religious
demonstration.

Forchion says he practices the Rastafarian religion and contends he
uses marijuana for religious ritual. He believes a federal court
ruling protects his right to use marijuana for religious purposes on
federal property, such as the grounds surrounding the Liberty Bell.

Forchion, who lives in Pemberton Township, learned yesterday that he
is scheduled for release from the state's Intensive Supervision
Program on Dec. 3. He has been enrolled in the parole program since
early last year in connection with an October 2000 conviction for
possessing 40 pounds of marijuana.

The program calls for mandatory urine tests and other
restrictions.

Forchion met with the program's resentencing panel yesterday for a
review hearing, and the board informed him that his term would end
Dec. 3.

Forchion served more than a year of a 10-year state prison term before
being released from prison in April 2002. He was then enrolled in the
parole program for a 20-month term.

If he violates the terms of the program before Dec. 3, he will have to
return to prison.

Forchion is no stranger to demonstrations at government sites. He has
been arrested for smoking marijuana inside the New Jersey Statehouse
in Trenton and in front of the Burlington County Administration
Building in Mount Holly.

He said he has more than one intention for his Dec. 3 visit to the
Liberty Bell. While there, he will also officially launch a 2004 run
for the U.S. House of Representatives in the 3rd District, which is
currently represented by Republican Jim Saxton of Mount Holly.

Forchion has run unsuccessfully for federal, state and county offices
several times using a marijuana-legalization platform. This time,
Forchion said, he will run for the first time as a member of the U.S.
Marijuana Party.

Last edited by Ferre on Mon Dec 01, 2003 10:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rev. Chazman
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its time for all the people who smoke Ganja as a religious sacrament to stand up and bring a lawsuit against our respective governments for religious prosecution. It needs to be world wide. It needs to be seen by everyone. Most of us live in so called free and democratic societies that pretend to recognize religious freedom. Well its time to prove it. What would the USA, for example, do with a sudden class action-like lawsuit of this type made against them by millions of Americans? Id be interested to find out.
Imagine the scene. We rally ourselves to join in on this event or that event... Imagine ALL OF US. All at once signing on to ONE big lawsuit. All of us.. All at once.. Man thats something we need to see.

Ok im dreaming again. Sorry.

Peace
THC-Ministry "we use Cannabis religiously and you can to" http://www.thc-ministry.org/
Take nothing but memories, Leave nothing but footprints.
CDXX Peace Time IV:XX ** Rev.Chazman-Cannabis Sacrament Minister
tellme
regular contributor
regular contributor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey, I'm dreaming with you , and the stronger we dream the real will it get.

think of what magic can do?

real magic , real freedom.back to paradise , this is the formula we have to go back to, life formula where real freedom of the mind and the spirit
is welcome, abstract but still beautiful.live and let live,
from order to chaos and back to order in a natural flow.
sun moon rhythm day night , seed plant flower.
we are all reflecting on eachother.so our dreams.
and the stroger we dream the bigger the chance is that we get there.

peace.

tellme
The GCW

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are so many places to post this at THC Ministry that I am likely to post it more than once, but this seems like the place... This news seems important.

I think Dennis Kucinich just posted His stance on cannabis (as president of the U.S.) and it is a good one.

Marijuana Decriminalization
http://www.kucinich.us/issues/marijuana_decrim.php

---
Kucinich will decriminalize cannabis.
Kucinich stands for peace, to end the war, now.

Since I refuse to vote for anyone who supports caging humans for using a plant, it seems, Kucinich is the only Democrat I can support.

Obedient Christians should not support caging their brother for using a plant.

Obedient Christians should not support war. We should not support killing.

Kucinich seems to be the only candidate that obedient Christians may be able to support.

People working to end cannabis prohibition, would do well to help Kucinich with His efforts.

The Green Collar Worker
KNOX42897

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 4:17 pm    Post subject: Hello The GCW Reply with quote

Been a long time sice we chit chatted. Just wanted to tell you I enjoy reading your comments. My Handle name KNOX42897 and Motavation are currently banned from Cannabisnews.com probably for eternity. Please look for Flatbush. I got your back The GCW!

I enjoy you signature of

4200o00o000oo000ooo

Peace you my Friend,
Rev. Pierre Werner
High Priest of Pot
Rev. Chazman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the link GCW.

Peace
THC-Ministry "we use Cannabis religiously and you can to" http://www.thc-ministry.org/
Take nothing but memories, Leave nothing but footprints.
CDXX Peace Time IV:XX ** Rev.Chazman-Cannabis Sacrament Minister
Ska_Pastora

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's great to know that after all these years, there are still people dedicated to the fight! Whether you smoke for religious , medical or personal reasons... we all need to stand together if we are going to make an impact!
Although I am not a registered voter and am not an American citizen... I strongly support Dennis Kucinich... as a Canadian.
As many of you know there has been a lot of focus on marijuana laws in Canada recently. But since the beggining, the US government has done nothing but herras and ridicule the Canadian government! I'm hoping one day the US government will see eye to eye with Canada and we may see at LEAST decriminalization in the US, and eventually legalization...
In my opinion, this would spark discussions around the world about marijuana reform... and put an end to this madness!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Pepper

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately the protest was cancelled due to a snowstorm that closed the Liberty Bell access for the day. The demonstration has been rescheduled for this Saturday Dec. 20 here's the article about the smoke-in (there's a forum where you can voice your support for Pat Duff at the link at bottom of the article)

http://citypaper.net/articles/current/cb3.shtml

The High and the Mighty

The first time self-described marijuana-legalization spokesperson Patrick Duff smoked weed, he was an 11-year-old kid in Delran, N.J. "I was a very adventurous young man," says Duff, who, when he didn’t get high that first time, wondered what all the hype was about.
He couldn't have known that he and Mary Jane would have such an enduring, committed relationship.

Sixteen years later, Duff found himself hosting Open Minds, an hourlong weekly program on New World Radio 1540 AM. For an eight-week, buy-your-own-airtime stint that began in October, Duff -- along with a ganja-themed local hip-hop act, Herbillest -- provided a local forum for legalization activists to state their case to Philadelphians.

Unlike other shows with similar themes, Duff says that he "wasn't going to go on there and be irate and get real crazy about the situation, [but] actually find people who could solve the problem." Past guests include Cannabis Hall of Fame inductee and author of The Emperor Wears No Clothes Jack Herer, Vancouver's "Prince of Pot," Marc Emery, and our very own "NJ Weedman," Ed Forchion.

Duff just couldn't keep the topic on weed the whole time, though, and took on cell phone giant Nextel Communications when his i90 cell gave out. He says he trusted that his $4.95-a-month manufacturer's insurance policy, along with a $35 deductible, would guarantee a new replacement. But as he went through three replacements in six months, he read the fine print and found that Nextel reserved the right to replace broken phones with "refurbished" ones.

Duff, who felt like he was getting hustled, demanded the company tell consumers new phones weren't an option and that all phones were used. He then challenged a Nextel rep to defend the company's policies on the air. Nextel responded by calling his station and apparently convincing the general manager to do some in-house censorship. In a letter from the station, Duff was threatened with being "immediately canceled" should he "even breathe the name Nextel."

Chris Doherty, Nextel's senior director of public affairs, admits they called but says they didn't threaten the station with a libel suit. According to Doherty, the company's main concern was preventing an irate Duff from publicly making slanderous comments. Doherty claims that during a phone exchange, Duff drew a parallel between Nextel's actions and the Columbine massacre. He feared similar comments might be expressed on the airwaves. New World GM Sam Speiser had no comment.

Though his show's off the air, Duff is considering buying more New World time slots. Duff's next move will be his most ambitious yet -- assuming it works. To celebrate the end of the NJ Weedman's drug-possession parole, he's helping the local counterculture celebrity organize a smokeout at the Liberty Bell.

Originally scheduled for Dec. 6 -- it was canceled due to snow -- the smokeout is slated to be held this Saturday. Unlike past smokeouts, where everyone quits smoking cigarettes, this will be more of a "smoke-in," where everyone present will celebrate "with the sacrament of marijuana," Duff says.

The rally is slated to begin at 3 p.m. and last until 5 p.m., with the "sacrament" to be lit at precisely 4:20 p.m. (Wink, wink, nudge, nudge.) According to Duff, invitations went out to Woody Harrelson, Ashton Kutcher, Al Gore and Bill Clinton.

"People aren't going to be able to stop us. There's going to be hundreds and hundreds of us," says Duff, who's confident that the event will be an unprecedented success despite ramped-up security around national monuments since the 9/11 attacks. Holding the event on federal property is by design, since participants -- arrested participants, hypothetically -- could seek protection from prosecution under religious-freedom claims. (Forchion, who got pinched with 40 pounds, is a Rastafarian who says court rulings have defended his right to smoke weed during religious rituals.) The location also keeps the Philadelphia Police Department out of the mix, as Independence Mall lies under the National Park Service's purview.

As of earlier this week, Park Service spokesperson Phil Sheridan said he hadn't heard about the planned protest, so no responses were available.

"There are areas designated for exercising your First Amendment rights," says Sheridan, "but you cannot break the law [to do so]."
Boojum

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have got this fantasy that one day all the herb users in the world will organise a huge smoke in. Imagine it, every pothead on the planet, all sitting outside their nearest police station, courthouse, town hall, whatever, passing the reef. What will they do, arrest at least a third of the adult population. That's what we need, a mass show of public disobedience to show that, moral though we may be, we do not bow to unjust law.
And that's the day I knew there was this entire life behind things, and... this incredibly benevolent force, that wanted me to know there was no reason to be afraid, ever. Video's a poor excuse. But it helps me remember... and I need to remember... Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world I feel like I can't take it, like my heart's going to cave in.
American Beauty.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Legislation All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: