THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index
Let's talk about diet
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Talk about yum! M MMM Good!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Moose
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 7:29 pm    Post subject: Let's talk about diet Reply with quote

I don't know what all of you eat, but I hope it empowers your lives. I have for a long time taken my cues from the natural diet. (And I enjoy natural herbs and relaxants, as well.) Now a strange thing happens when you start talking about diet ............ears seem to close.

I could go on to explain what natural diet means to me, but I wish not to preach, ...............or even seem preachy. If you wish to share insights, please respond. Wink
Mystic Power
admin THC-Ministry YahooGroup

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where's a more apt place to "preach" than a Ministry forum...? rofl

I guess share is a better word..

I'm interested in diet, too. I'm taking 3 tblsps of hemp-seed oil daily to keep my arteries clear, and I'm trying to eat raw, natural things as much as possible.

Know anything about the alkaline diet?

That's got my ear....

Bliss on
Ben

"In Lak'ech"
~ Ancient Mayan: "I am another YOU." ~
The Moose

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Balance is critical in diet. PH is one such balance. If you are highly acid, then the alkaline diet is good for you. Many of our modern diet staples can cause an acid imbalance and cause you problems.

Do you have any symptoms of excess acidity?

Low energy or chronic fatigue,
Excess mucous production,
Nasal congestion,
Frequent colds, flus, and infections,
Nervous, stressed, irritable, anxious, agitated,
Weak nails, dry hair, dry skin,
Formation of cysts, such as ovarian cysts, polycystic ovaries, benign breast cysts (fibrocystic breasts),
Headaches,
Joint pain or arthritis,
Neuritis,
Muscle pain .................

If so, you might feel better after a detox diet.

Hives?
Leg cramps and spasms?
Gastritis, acid indigestion?

Definately, you need more alkaline.

Eat lots of vegetables and fruit

Squeeze lemon or lime into water as a beverage

Try to eat 1 cup of alkalinizing greens daily, such as kale, mustard greens, or broccoli

Eat millet or quinoa as an alternative to wheat

Choose fish and lamb over beef

Use olive oil instead of other vegetable oils

Try a greens powder

Also, learn to make a miso broth. Dissolve one teaspoon of miso into a cup of hot, not boiling, water.

The theory behind an alkaline diet is that because our body's pH level is slightly alkaline, with a normal range of 7.36 to 7.44, our diet should reflect this and also be slightly alkaline. An imbalanced diet high in acidic foods such as animal protein, sugar, caffeine, and processed foods tends to disrupt this balance. It can deplete the body of alkaline minerals such as sodium, potassium, magnesium, and calcium, making people prone to chronic and degenerative disease.

My diet advice, (with or without the alkaline diet) in a nutshell, is like this:
Do not over-do the water thing. If you are thirsty, itchy, have a headache, and particularly lower back pain, .... drink water. And remember that humans are omnivores. Eat a little of everything in moderation. Balance calories in with calories out. Sweat every day.

And, in general, avoiding processed foods of all sorts (particularly carbs) is a good idea.

And don't become a fanatic about anything - it causes stress.
The Moose

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you know about Pre-Agarian diet?
Fyrefly1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the cool stuff...

I have been learning this kind of stuff for quite a few years now and am currently in my second year of Chinese medicine.

As you're not citing any sources for these facts, I was wondering what your history was...like where did you learn all of these things? Smile

Btw, tis very good advice!
The Moose

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a Cherokee Indian, ..............well, at least part. My family has always used the natural foods. I have been advocating the right diet for years and I have been hit repeatedly with questions like "Can you prove that?"

Well, ....in my 20's, I could lift a full grown man in each hand and carry them both. In my 30's, I still looked like I was in my twenties. In my 40's, I have had for than one lover who was 10 to 20 years younger than me and they all found that sex with an 'older man' could be amazing. That should have been proof enough for anyone (and for some it was), but some people just like to be difficult. So, through the years I have gained knowledge on diet whenever I could. To my amazement, recently there have been other advocates of a return to the original diet of our species. Check out info on the Pre-Agrarian diet/Paleolithic diet. It goes by as many different names as it has advocates.

BTW .... the hemp oil is good as long as it hasn't had all of its phytosterols processed out by clarification. It is better to just eat the raw seeds. I like them. They can be very tasty. Try this: Dip your finger into honey, roll your sticky finger in seeds, stick finger in mouth, suck clean, chew seeds.

Don't like honey. SHAME ON YOU! Try molasses, but avoid over processed carbs. Limit grains - beans - and potatoes. They contain antinutrients and they are low on phytostrols. Phytostreols enhance your immune system. They are they primary healers in our diet. They are why herbs are good for you.

And for anyone who feels I am getting 'preachy' REMEMBER .... I was asked.

Oh, Na I have worked in Agricultural research in drought remedy for three years. While under the head Dr., he asked if I would consider teaching viticulture at his University.

Want more advice?

EAT BERRIES!

75% of your diet should be vegetation.
75% should alkaline.
You need BOTH animal fats and plant fats.
DO NOT EAT A NO FAT DIET.
When you cook vegetables, save the cooking liquid and put it into soups and such.
EAT RAW THINGS. But not raw grains, beans and potatoes.

I bet you have some questions. Wink
Ferre
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey brother Moose, I personally am happy to have you onboard and you're preaching my gospel too. Smile

This is very educational brother, and very important for everyone to know so please preach on.

I hereby declare Peace on war!
█ Please read the Board Rules and Posting, and you
Radio Free Amsterdam
People who know truth, speak truth.
Those who don't, quote scriptures.
The Moose

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I advocate that men, especially, eat more meat.

Why?

It promotes testosterone production. And the big T is the source of our manhood. In addition, it promotes good healing in both men and women. Women who have good regular sex lives are usually more healthy, happy, and less prone to stress disorders than those who do not.

This is not good news to the Vegans (and a some others.) So, I hold back on dispensing this advice, until I know that it might be well recieved.

If this advice shocks or offends some. I'm sorry, but it is true. We (humans) are OMNIVORES. Look at our teeth - the whole story is there. Look at the fossil remains of human habitation - there are more animal bones than human bones in those places. Look at the enzymes that we can and cannot produce - we produce enzymes to digest meat, but not cellulose. WE ARE OMNIVORES. We human beings have survived because of our ability to eat EVERYTHING and anything. We will eat everything that is not nailed down .............and if we can pry it up, it wasn't nailed down hard enough. The gorilla has a much larger digestive tract than the human, because it is a vegetarian. If we were supposed to eat only vegetables, we would look more like the gorrilla.

Eat everything in balance. Study what your food is made of and learn what balance you need.

I.E. ~Dairy animals have less developed brains than humans and their milk contains less Omega 3 fats than human breastmilk. Therefore, breastfeed your baby and do not keep your infant on soy milk unless you absolutely must.

Any specific questions?

Remember: Eat fresh and be fresh! Eat natural and be healthy. The closer the thing you eat is to being alive, the better it is for you.
Mystic Power

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dietary advise is pretty non-offensive around here. Laughing

I'd like to add...I think it's healthy and helpful to fully appreciate and be aware-in-the-moment of whatever it is that you're eating.

I have a question...could you describe a detox diet as it relates to the alkaline thing?

Bliss on,
Ben

"In Lak'ech"
The Moose

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, let me put that in a nutshell.

Basically, this involves swapping over to nothing but water and juices for beverages (limiting extracts of all sorts - coffee/tea/etc. - no pop and no dairy), taking nothing artificial into your body (except lifesaving medicines - no cocaine, please!), restricting meat intake to a bare mininum, focussing on raw foods, and eating a lot of sprouts. While detoxing, stay away from salad dressings, but bulk up on fiber. The idea is to cleanse the system. While watching your alkaline intake AND detoxing, stay with your alkaline foods. Detoxing should be done in about three to five days. if you fast for one day at the end, you will really clean out.
The Moose

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yo, Fyrefly! Clue us all in on a bit of the Chinese meds. Wink
Lilli

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Brother Fyrefly knows his stuff!!!!! You'd be amazed at his knowledge and talent.

I pass to you the torch that Christ once passed to me.
Others are still in the dark and need
the light to see.
"I AM"
"Gathering the fragments so that
none are lost"
His Shepherdess
http://missouri.thcministry.org/
Mystic Power

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amen to that!

Bliss
Ben

"In Lak'ech"
pipeman
regular contributor
regular contributor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Moose wrote:
Okay, let me put that in a nutshell.

Basically, this involves swapping over to nothing but water and juices for beverages (limiting extracts of all sorts - coffee/tea/etc. - no pop and no dairy), taking nothing artificial into your body (except lifesaving medicines - no cocaine, please!), restricting meat intake to a bare mininum, focussing on raw foods, and eating a lot of sprouts. While detoxing, stay away from salad dressings, but bulk up on fiber. The idea is to cleanse the system. While watching your alkaline intake AND detoxing, stay with your alkaline foods. Detoxing should be done in about three to five days. if you fast for one day at the end, you will really clean out.

hey what about smoking herb, is that allowed during detox? cause 5 days is a long time...
Mystic Power

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allowed?

It's mandatory at my house!

Laughing

Follow Your Bliss,
Ben

"In Lak'ech"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Talk about yum! M MMM Good! All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: