THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index
Lakota Spirituality

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ferre
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:10 pm    Post subject: Lakota Spirituality Reply with quote

I hereby declare Peace on war!
█ Please read the Board Rules and Posting, and you
Radio Free Amsterdam
People who know truth, speak truth.
Those who don't, quote scriptures.
Brother Adam
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Such a pure spirituality it is too...I love it.

“Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives.”

-James Madison

Police officers acquitted for beating a 64 yr old man recently in New Orleans. In the words of their defense attorney "all he had to do was comply"....and they wouldn't have fractured his face.
Mystic Power
admin THC-Ministry YahooGroup

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoy The Great Mystery.

Bliss on,
Ben

"In Lak'ech"
~ Ancient Mayan: "I am another YOU." ~
Brother Adam

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree. I enjoy the great mystery as well. It's actually kind of fun accepting that you don't have the answers...it makes the search much more intriguing. Notice though, that the earth is not represented as a mystery, but as our mother. I'm a white man, but I don't think the white man was as superior in their thinking as society today would lead one to believe.

“Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives.”

-James Madison

Police officers acquitted for beating a 64 yr old man recently in New Orleans. In the words of their defense attorney "all he had to do was comply"....and they wouldn't have fractured his face.
Mystic Power

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
but I don't think the white man was as superior in their thinking as society today would lead one to believe.

rofl Oh...I love that.

You're a master of understatement, Bro.

A Native American friend, back in Colorado, once was talking to me about the early European's interpretation of the Lakota tongue into English, Dutch, etc.

He said the Lakota's TONKA WA TONKA was ineffable to the European/christian mind, so they simply all started interpreting it as THE GREAT SPIRIT.

My friend explained that it was woefully inadequate -- that a more precise interpretation would be WOW!!!Smile

Follow Your Bliss,
Ben

"In Lak'ech"
~ Ancient Mayan: "I am another YOU." ~
Brother Adam

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You're a master of understatement, Bro.

Hehehe! Laughing What's funny is how you picked up on it so well.

-James Madison

Ferre

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my old time friends and regular visitor here in Amsterdam is a Lakota. He learned me to shake hands the way the Lakota do, since that day I shake hands like the Lakota, a much more sensitive way of greeting, in my opinion, than what we are used to in our culture. It's simply holding the other person's hand without shaking it or forcing your grip, it's a way of taking someone's hand in your hand, as relaxed as can be, and to feel the other person trough his also relaxed hand.

When you do that first time you are amazed of what you can feel about the other person's mood. Something "we" don't do in the west, we just grab the other person's hand with a tight grip to show some kind of strength and shake it a couple of times, but we do not try and feel the other person's heartbeat, try and feel if there's anxiety or whatever else looming in that person. in our culture (most) people are just not sensitive enough to even make that connection.

They can teach the west a great lesson on what spirituality is actually about.

I hereby declare Peace on war!
█ Please read the Board Rules and Posting, and you
Radio Free Amsterdam
People who know truth, speak truth.
Those who don't, quote scriptures.
Christopher
getting into high spirits
getting into high spirits

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:05 pm    Post subject: Thank you Ferre Reply with quote

Some 15 years ago I examined Lakota Spirituality but it became lost to me as I pusued personal life things such as family, education and career. A few days ago I saw Brother Ferre's link to Lakota Spirituality Part 1. It has put me back on my spiritual track.

I will soon be moving to a new house on 5 acres, most of which is woods. I have found a good job that allows for much free time. I have begun reading a book by Ed McGaa. Things are going down the right path now because of my happening upon Brother Ferre's link. I thank you very much Brother Ferre.

Mitakuye Oyasin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Discussions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: