THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index
Kantheistic Shamanism -- Ferre

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Cannabis, Religion and History
View previous topic :: View next topic  
goobud
regular contributor
regular contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:14 am    Post subject: Kantheistic Shamanism -- Ferre Reply with quote

I research like never before in this computer age.

A real exercise in what goes around, comes around and then some.

Found a Ferre 2005 post, hope this gets you on a trail to find your name of ancient use.

http://www.paganlibrary.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=41457&sid=b8504c4ebdcc8f92f425f06013b1beb0

Quote:
Kantheistic Shamanism, known also as The Path of Ecstasy is so far the best description I have for my way of life if it has to be labelled. before
that I used to name it the old ways because that's how it's refered to in my family. Still, I think there's no way I can find a written name that covers my beliefs in a correct manner.

http://buddhism.2be.net/Tantra

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=The+Path+of+Ecstasy+Kane&btnG=Google+Search

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=The+Path+of+Ecstasy+Kaneh&btnG=Search

http://biblical-studies.ca/blog/wp/2006/08/07/marijuana-and-hashish-in-the-old-testament/

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=old+ways+Kane&btnG=Search

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=old+ways+Kaneh&btnG=Search

Last edited by goobud on Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ferre
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somehow, I don't really understand what you want to say.

What's your point? Could you please express what the meaning is of those links? WHY you find them so important, and why you don't just say what you want to say without making people click on links to google searches?

Posting a couple of links to searches doesn't make any sense to me, and doesn't for most people. This is a discussion forum, WHAT is it that you want to discuss here?

I hereby declare Peace on war!
█ Please read the Board Rules and Posting, and you
Radio Free Amsterdam
People who know truth, speak truth.
Those who don't, quote scriptures.
goobud
regular contributor
regular contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:03 pm    Post subject: History came from somewhere. Reply with quote

Words and language evolve. Some hide history, distroying translations and artifacts, often magicians to seem special and mysterious. Something preceded Kane or Kaneh and Bosm was redundant or excessive in search terms for this experiment. We can assume something around ceremony and ritual to find more ancient and origional terms from past, might even end up being a pictograph. You used Path of Ecstacy and old way, some clues from an expert point of view.

Hawaii is the closest thing we have to the way back history of hands on healing and Pakalolo. Pakalolo ( weed, crazy ) is probably a modern construct. Paka may be a good clus as it suggests weed. Lolo means crazy, makes concept pajoritive. That is my first impression until I get input from Hawaiian language worker.

The links open the way to find that needle in the hay stack and someone tuned to see the answer from an experienced point of view like Ferre could recognise where a good lead emerges in the results returned and land on the final satisfactory answer.

The links put up came from the google search and were added to make the post more interesting. And of course show source for quote from Pagan page. Wink

I'm betting that more ancient Hawaiian (Polynesian really) cultures, a language that can remind me of German and Aramic, could yield up the old ancient symbols and language of what today has be recognised as Kane(h) Bosm from around 2000 years ago in the Middle East. These folks always lived close to the land and were great voyagers.

I personally was shocked when all that Hawaiian stuff came back on the search.

Hope you find you answer and can teach more about the understanding behind your discovery.

I'll look also and see if I get something over time.
goobud
regular contributor
regular contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:37 pm    Post subject: Ancient Snake Spell Reveals Surprising Find Reply with quote

Hey, a goes back far story, Spell, Ritual, Ceremony, where is a clue?

By Laurie Copans, AP

JERUSALEM (Jan. 24) - A magic spell to keep snakes away from the tombs of Egyptian kings, adopted from the Canaanites almost 5,000 years ago,
could be the oldest Semitic text yet discovered, experts said Tuesday.

The phrases, interspersed throughout religious texts in Egyptian characters in the underground chambers of a pyramid south of Cairo, stumped Egyptian experts for about a century, until the Semitic connection was found.

In 2002 one of the Egyptologists e-mailed the undeciphered part of the inscription to Richard Steiner, a professor of Semitic languages at Yeshiva University in New York. Steiner discovered that the phrases are the transcription of a language used by Canaanites at some point in the period from 25th to the 30th centuries B.C.

"This is the oldest connected text that we have in any Semitic language," Steiner said in a telephone interview while visiting Israel to present his findings in a lecture sponsored by the Academy of the Hebrew Language. The previous oldest Semitic text dates from the 24th century B.C., Steiner said.

Another expert said it was still unclear whether the Egyptian text is
actually the oldest.

"This is highly significant because maybe, according to the researcher, it dates to the third millennium B.C., so it's the most ancient pre-Canaanite text that we ever met and maybe ... it is the most ancient Semitic text ever discovered," said Moshe Florentine, an expert on ancient Hebrew and a member of the anguage academy.

Steiner has not submitted his findings to a scientific journal but plans to do so, he said. More study of the fragments will be necessary to determine how these passages fit into the evolution of Semitic languages, Florentine said.

The Egyptians' use of the magic spell demonstrates the close relations they had at the time with the Canaanites. While Egyptians considered their culture and religion superior to that of their neighbors to the north, they were willing to do anything to protect the mummies of their kings from the poisonous snakes.

Believing that some snakes spoke the Semitic language of the Canaanites, Egyptians included the magic spells in inscriptions on two sides of the sarcophagus in an effort to ward them off.

"Come, come to my house," reads one section in the Semitic language that is supposed to be the snake's mother speaking, trying to lure him out of the tomb. In another passage, the snake is addressed as if he is a lover with "Turn aside, O my beloved."

The Egyptian and Semitic sections are each an integral part of the magic spell and neither can stand alone, Steiner said. For this reason, the Egyptian experts could not fully understand parts of the religious texts until Steiner got involved.

The Semitic language of these texts that have now been deciphered was a very archaic form of the languages later known as Phoenician and Hebrew, Steiner said.

The text includes words that have the same meaning as in Hebrew, like "yad" for hand, "ari" for lion, and "beit" for house, he said.

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Cannabis, Religion and History All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: