THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index
Jesus: Tales from the Crypt?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Cannabis, Religion and History
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RogerChristie
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:01 am    Post subject: Jesus: Tales from the Crypt? Reply with quote

February 23, 2007 6:55

Jesus: Tales from the Crypt

Posted by Tim McGirk

Brace yourself. James Cameron, the man who brought you 'The Titanic' is back with another blockbuster. This time, the ship he's sinking is Christianity.

In a new documentary, Producer Cameron and his director, Simcha Jacobovici, make the starting claim that Jesus wasn't resurrected --the cornerstone of Christian faith-- and that his burial cave was discovered near Jerusalem. And, get this, Jesus sired a son with Mary Magdelene.

No, it's not a re-make of "The Da Vinci Codes'. It's supposed to be true.

Let's go back 27 years, when Israeli construction workers were gouging out the foundations for a new building in the industrial park in the Talpiyot, a Jerusalem suburb. of Jerusalem. The earth gave way, revealing a 2,000 year old cave with 10 stone caskets. Archologists were summoned, and the stone caskets carted away for examination. It took 20 years for experts to decipher the names on the ten tombs. They were: Jesua, son of Joseph, Mary, Mary, Mathew, Jofa and Judah, son of Jesua.

Israel's prominent archeologist Professor Amos Kloner didn't associate the crypt with the New Testament Jesus. His father, after all, was a humble carpenter who couldn't afford a luxury crypt for his family. And all were common Jewish names.

There was also this little inconvenience that a few miles away, in the old city of Jerusalem, Christians for centuries had been worshipping the empty tomb of Christ at the Church of the Holy Sepulcher. Christ's resurrection, after all, is the main foundation of the faith, proof that a boy born to a carpenter's wife in a manger is the Son of God.

But film-makers Cameron and Jacobovici claim to have amassed evidence through DNA tests, archeological evidence and Biblical studies, that the 10 coffins belong to Jesus and his family.

Ever the showman, (Why does this remind me of the impresario in another movie,"King Kong", whose hubris blinds him to the dangers of an angry and very large ape?) Cameron is holding a New York press conference on Monday at which he will reveal three coffins, supposedly those of Jesus of Nazareth, his mother Mary and Mary Magdalene. News about the film, which will be shown soon on Discovery Channel, Britain's Channel 4, Canada's Vision, and Israel's Channel 8, has been a hot blog topic in the Middle East (check out a personal favorite: Israelity Bites) Here in the Holy Land, Biblical Archeology is a dangerous profession. This 90-minute documentary is bound to outrage Christians and stir up a titanic debate between believers and skeptics. Stay tuned.

--Tim McGirk/Jerusalem

@@@
Ferre

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
film-makers Cameron and Jacobovici claim to have amassed evidence through DNA tests, archeological evidence and Biblical studies, that the 10 coffins belong to Jesus and his family.

Funny that. how desperate can you get to 'prove' that Jesus actually existed.

- DNA tests:

Yeah right, I guess the Romans took DNA samples from Jesus for us to compare?

Archeological evidence:

Another error. In reality, archeological evidence suggests that Jesus never existed.

Biblical studies:

What do biblical studies prove? They prove that the bible is a work of plagiatrism based on much older stories and myths from other cultures, other biblical studies also show that it has been written to be used as an NLP manual to control the minds of the masses.

I think that the Abrahamic religions are way to much boosted into publicity nowadays, it's all mass manipulation with the results we read every day in our newspapers; Wars and more wars.

I hereby declare Peace on war!
█ Please read the Board Rules and Posting, and you
Radio Free Amsterdam
People who know truth, speak truth.
Those who don't, quote scriptures.
Rev. Jack
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Namaste One and all

What we really need is a movie about the message. Christianity is a religious instutition "about Jesus". What the world needs is the "religion Jesus practiced". Awareness of the loving parenthood the Creator feels towards us and all we need to know is waiting for us to look within. The understanding that if the Creator is our parent than we are all brothers and sisters. And most of all that we are destined for a life beyond this world. All the rest is exactly what Ferre says
Quote:
They prove that the bible is a work of plagiarism based on much older stories and myths from other cultures, other biblical studies also show that it has been written to be used as an NLP manual to control the minds of the masses.
Nachtschattenreich

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roger,

Quote:
No, it's not a re-make of "The Da Vinci Codes'. It's supposed to be true.

now that´s irony, as far as I can see this goes on the trinity revisionism stack as well.

Ferre,

Quote:
I think that the Abrahamic religions are way to much boosted into publicity nowadays, it's all mass manipulation with the results we read every day in our newspapers; Wars and more wars.

are you saying that the war we are in is a religious one, in contrast to a war over territory or energy?

Let´s face it, the only way how you can ever say what you think in places like Mecca and Medina is together with others who also want to pray as they feel in these places. In fact, seen from the Cannabis root our mission is to face these who already have reconciled these two intentions even if they feel only one of them in themselves, and teach them that they only can achieve that together with still others who care that they can go there and smoke what is sacred to them, even if they do not feel that intention in themselves.

As to remarks on the writing skills or lack thereof in the Bible, have you tried reading the Quran? As an orientation, any translation from a language that is primarily spoken by analphabets into one like ours will be vague and nebulous, it´s the state of the group mind frozen into language.
Pepper

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christianity teaches believers to "put on the whole armor of God" and "to stand and fight". Taken to the extreme you can see how some may get the idea that war is good as long as you're fighting Satan's kingdom.
Nachtschattenreich

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From that perspective, the Crusades were just wars in the same sense as the Soviet self-defense against the Nazis was just war.

Stalin did not have a false sighting of Satan in Hitler, only a belated one.
poko

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, we are at war with the serpents because they spend their time leading our brothers astray.
Nachtschattenreich

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back on topic - Jerusalem Archeologist says Di Caprio Code is Nonsense:

Quote:
Bar-Ilan University Prof. Amos Kloner, the Jerusalem District archeologist who officially oversaw the work at the tomb-cave in 1980 and has published detailed findings on its contents, on Saturday night dismissed the claims. "It makes a great story for a TV film," he told The Jerusalem Post. "But it's impossible. It's nonsense."

"There is no likelihood that Jesus and his relatives had a family tomb," Kloner said. "They were a Galilee family with no ties in Jerusalem. The Talpiot tomb belonged to a middle-class family from the 1st century CE."
Don Quixote

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya know , i must be a prophet or something !

i foresee that this loon will stir up a lot of controversy and then make a shitpile - o - money out of the whole deal.

or maybe i am just a cynical blighter.i dunno.

lets see now -

when asked to sum up the escence of his teachings , didnt Jesus say

"Love God - Love your Neighbour." thats it folks.thats all.Thanks.

or something like that. hmmmm.ok.sounds alright to me.i don't have a problem with that.so er where did we get confused.where did we all go wrong.

where did all this other bullsh#t come from?all these oaths and blokes in dresses.All these multi-billion dollar corporate enterprises selling some version of a 'god' that they invented.All this killing in the name of their false man made idols and man made gods?

My fathers people believe this age will end in fire on either the 21st or 23rd of december 2012 (depending which calender you use).
According to observations of the planet Venus going back thousands of years.

Personaly i think , as a species , we are just too stupid to live Wink

do yo thang.

HUMANITY

prntrkmt

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don Quixote wrote:
lets see now -

when asked to sum up the escence of his teachings , didnt Jesus say

"Love God - Love your Neighbour." thats it folks.thats all.Thanks.

or something like that. hmmmm.ok.sounds alright to me.i don't have a problem with that.so er where did we get confused.where did we all go wrong.

Actually, that was said by Rabbi Hillel. The vast majority of the sayings attributed to "Jesus" were originally said (and written down) by Hillel.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Cannabis, Religion and History All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: