THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index
Jamaica Explores Legalizing Marijuana

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Cannabis news
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ferre
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:25 pm    Post subject: Jamaica Explores Legalizing Marijuana Reply with quote

Jamaica Explores Legalizing Marijuana

Quote:
Jamaica is considering the legalization of marijuana, a drug revered by members of the island's large Rastafarian population who say smoking it is part of their religion.

A seven-member government commission has been researching possible changes to the Caribbean nation's anti-drug laws, which some police complain are clogging courts and jails with marijuana-related cases, a government official said Friday.

About time! Smile

I hereby declare Peace on war!
█ Please read the Board Rules and Posting, and you
Radio Free Amsterdam
People who know truth, speak truth.
Those who don't, quote scriptures.
brother Cathan
High and aware
High and aware

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's like in tug'o'war when the knot starts moving in your direction just a little more. It makes you want to pull harder on the rope in your hands, cause you know they are getting tierd of fighting a lossing battle.

– St Augustine
David
Bard
Bard

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
it's like in tug'o'war when the knot starts moving in your direction just a little more. It makes you want to pull harder on the rope in your hands, cause you know they are getting tierd of fighting a lossing battle.
Great words Brother! Sometimes I sit there and think I'm wasting my time and then hear words like that, kinda gives you strength to keep going.
David
Bard
Bard

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
which some police complain are clogging courts and jails with marijuana-related cases, a government official said Friday.
This is just as low as it gets, so it takes clogging up the courts to make a change! Rolling Eyes
Ferre

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's exactly how the Dutch people got it legalized bro. People in the Netherlands just didn't hide their Cannabis use in the knowledge that "they can't put us all in jail". The simple fact that the people are open about it made politicians realize that they could not win when they started a "war", this made the people get their rights.

Cannabis users are no stereotypes or a small group of "long haired lazy hippies", they are your dentist, your doctor, your local butcher, the lady at the counter of your supermarket, the teacher of your children. Normal functioning people who carry your country's economy.
Once the people make their politicians realize that they are their voters, things will change, it's a "golden rule", all it takes is to abandon the "fear for authority" and to MAKE politicians realize this.

The people in Jamaica don´t hide their use and finally this starts to pay off.

Radio Free Amsterdam
Brother Adam
Cannabis Sacrament Minister
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is an excellent way to go Ferre! I don't hide for squat. I grow cannabis and smoke it all to myself! I am not a drug dealer, I am a sincere religious user, but I will NEVER hide or be forced to feel shame for who and what I truly am.

It's funny how many people I meet that are against cannabis who have absolutely no intellectual ability. Cannabis frees you from the automoton state and liberates the mind. It is counter intuitive to say cannabis makes you slow or stupid when the facts often show cannabis smokers are far more intellectually inclined than non-smokers, and often exhibit more traits of higher thinking and complicated thought processes as well as problem solving. (stoners are real ingenuitive, lol)

It's all about perception and controlling the message. We need the public to see the right message more often.

“Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives.”

-James Madison

Police officers acquitted for beating a 64 yr old man recently in New Orleans. In the words of their defense attorney "all he had to do was comply"....and they wouldn't have fractured his face.
brother Cathan
High and aware
High and aware

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:
Quote:
Great words Brother! Sometimes I sit there and think I'm wasting my time and then hear words like that, kinda gives you strength to keep going.

it seems to be one of my gifts; writing is a fun adventure if done right.

it was once said that "the pen is mightier than the sword". this is because of its ability to show love and give praise.
the pen can be used to make love to a beautyfull woman... try that with good ol' Excaliber. Shocked

Ferre wrote:
That's exactly how the Dutch people got it legalized bro. People in the Netherlands just didn't hide their Cannabis use in the knowledge that "they can't put us all in jail". The simple fact that the people are open about it made politicians realize that they could not win when they started a "war", this made the people get their rights.

this is what the world needs to do. every one around the world to stand up and smoke in the streets to over burden the system and cause its collapse. all on one day like 4/20/2008 or 2009 or every 4/20 as long as needed.

how could we pull this off Question

– St Augustine
Ferre

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, the Dutch held so called public smoke-ins during the early 70's, one of the places those smoke-ins where organized was the Dam square in Amsterdam, I think we all know the results.

When a couple of thousand people gather to smoke openly, do you really believe they are all going to be arrested? Who's going to do that? The army? And IF they did that, do you really believe this would not cause a huge series of protests all over the country, and even the world?

The sad thing is that in America, organizations like NORML know this all too well, if they really wanted Cannabis legal, or at least decriminalized they would have gone this path decades ago and Cannabis would be legal for years already. All I see this organization do is maintain the stereotype of the "stoner" by all means, trust me, NORML is not on our side, all they do is drain the Cannabis community from the resources which the community needs to actually change things.

Radio Free Amsterdam
brother Cathan
High and aware
High and aware

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ferre wrote:
NORML is not on our side, all they do is drain the Cannabis community from the resources which the community needs to actually change things.

How do we start our own advocacy group and place facts on bill boards to inform the public of the truth; TV commercials to do the same?
Show the truth behind the propaganda that only brainwashes the public from the truth.
We have a natural head start with medical cannabis in the news.
YouTube has some video of a guy that is healing cancer with his home made cannabis oil.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjhT9282-Tw&feature=user
this is part one of seven that the world should see. Watch all seven parts and then see what you think.

– St Augustine
David
Bard
Bard

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
this is what the world needs to do. every one around the world to stand up and smoke in the streets to over burden the system and cause its collapse. all on one day like 4/20/2008 or 2009 or every 4/20 as long as needed.

how could we pull this off Question
It's already been done, unfortunately it's illegal and they just mark your cards and grab you later, then they take your driving licence, duff you up a bit, threaten to take your children, make sure you can't work, oh and ask "ARE YOU GUILTY". that's before the Spanish Inquisition are called.

Mind you everyone could do it at my court case, but it's illegal to smoke anything in court, you could be arrested and asked "ARE YOU GUILTY" and thats before they send to jail.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Cannabis news All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: