THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index
It’s women and children now

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Issues of war and peace
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ferre
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:50 am    Post subject: It’s women and children now Reply with quote

http://www.altmuslim.com/a/a/a/2789/

This is disgusting...

Quote:
By Marryam Haleem, August 17, 2008

It may be all quiet on the Western front, but apparently it's not that relevant. Recently, two ghost detainees, who disappeared in Pakistan in March 2003, conveniently reappeared last month in Afghanistan where they were promptly arrested by American officials.

The first detainee, Aafia Siddiqui, is a 36-year-old Pakistani national and MIT PhD graduate, now being held in the Metropolitan Detention Center in Brooklyn, New York. The second is her 12-year-old American son - her eldest child - still being held in Afghanistan. Her two younger children (also American citizens) also disappeared with her in 2003, but their whereabouts are still unknown. The youngest was only 6-months at the time.

Elaine Sharp, Aafia's lawyer, interviewed her last week and says it is certain that she was held in Bagram Airbase, Afghanistan. They had to talk through the food slot at the bottom of Aafia's cell door for the entire 3 hour session.

"The whole situation made it impossible for me to meet properly with my client," says Sharp. "The abuse was horrendous. It was physical, as well as psychological. It was torture." In early 2003, the FBI announced it wanted to take Aafia Siddiqui in "for questioning," though they admitted they had "no information indicating this individual is connected to specific terrorist activities."

A few weeks later, Aafia and her three children were picked up by Pakistani police and were not seen or heard from again for the next five years. The FBI, however, continued to list her as "wanted," denying that she was held by Pakistan - or any other country. In May 2004, then-Attorney General Ashcroft and FBI Director Robert Mueller accused Aafia of being an al-Qaeda member, claiming she was still at large.

Their evidence: While in America, Aafia opened a PO box. Also, her bank account displayed suspicious behavior. That is to say, she made automatic withdrawals to a few Muslim charities. However, more puzzling than her disappearance is Aafia's reemergence. Why would the US concoct a scenario that would bring Aafia out of total oblivion and back into the public eye? To give her a chance at justice?

On the one hand, human rights groups have been pressuring the US to bring an end to the captivity of the “Grey Lady of Bagram,” Prisoner 650, the woman whose screams and agony have haunted the hearts of released Bagram prisoners (until now, the US denies holding any women at the airbase). Perhaps Aafia is the Grey Lady, finally given face and name.

On the other hand, this is an election year, a time of great opportunity for politicians. Those on the way out can actually have something to show for their term-and-a-half “War on Terror,” while those trying to come in can have something to flex their muscles with.

Speculation aside, Aafia faces trial here in the US, being charged with attempted murder and assault of US personnel. No al-Qaeda. No terrorism. The government has nothing on her except their story of her second arrest in Afghanistan this past July.

The story goes that some US personnel entered the room where Aafia was kept and, on not seeing her, one agent put down his M4. Then Aafia, half-starved, allegedly jumped out from behind a curtain, picked up the gun, and began shooting (conveniently for them, she missed).

This story would not seem so ridiculous until you realize they had to make something up to explain Aafia's gunshot wound (they say she was shot in self-defense). The bullet wound went septic from lack of proper treatment and put her in danger of death. The judge then ordered an emergency medical assessment, to see whether or not she will need to be moved to a hospital for immediate treatment.

Today, Aafia sports a broken nose, improperly reset. Her teeth have been pulled out. One of her kidneys has been removed, leaving a gashing scar down her abdomen. It is reported that she has been repeatedly raped. She is dehydrated and weak, unable even to walk. Psychologically, Aafia is confused and possibly suffers from brain damage.

But the physical and psychological nightmare hasn't ended for her. Before and after every legal visit or trip to the court, Aafia is stripped naked and has to endure a cavity search. She has informed her legal team that she will not accept visits anymore due to the degradation and humiliation of the procedure.

Aafia is due to face trial this September. Ahmad, her eldest child, is still detained in Afghanistan. The other two, certainly the youngest American prisoners of war ever, are still unaccounted for. America’s disappeared in the War on Terror have been given scant attention. With women and children now victims, will the silence be broken?

Marryam Haleem is studying Comparative Literature and Philosophy at the University of Wisconsin, Madison. Her blog, Muddled Thoughts, can be found at littlem85.blogspot.com.

This is what has become of America. A fascist police state with no respect for human life whatsoever.

The USA disgusts me. Seriously.

I hereby declare Peace on war!
█ Please read the Board Rules and Posting, and you
Radio Free Amsterdam
People who know truth, speak truth.
Those who don't, quote scriptures.
Brother Adam
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much more disgusted would you be to live amongst it on a daily basis knowing that all of the politicians, media, and major corporations are completely corrupt, BUT, everyone carries on around like they are free. To live amongst the slaves who truly believe they are free is gut wrenching to say the least. I am sick of America and it's "freedom"....here in the land of the free people purposely stifle free speech all around themselves, not only giving up their freedoms, but ensuring the oppression of them. It's clear we are ruled by a group of criminals hell bent not only on ruling us, but killing us off by the millions. I can't fathom why nobody will take action against murderous criminals just because they are labeled "officials". I can't stomach what this country full of weak pukes has become. Here we are in the credit crisis (READ: USURY's ONLY outcome) and by thousands many americans find themselves waking up homeless on the land their forefathers conquered, and they STILL don't get it.

The problem is worse than the little bit I've described, because the truth is americans don't know about these problems, and wouldn't care if you told them. Every day one goes on ignoring the issues is another day they deserve to suffer for their ignorance, weakness, and failure to act.

“Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives.”

-James Madison

Police officers acquitted for beating a 64 yr old man recently in New Orleans. In the words of their defense attorney "all he had to do was comply"....and they wouldn't have fractured his face.
Ferre

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear you bro. To be honest I don't even want to visit the USA for any reason, for one there's nothing to find in the USA that can't be found with better quality in other places on earth and second, I fail to see why I should give my personal bank account data, fingerprints and picture to a foreign regime in order to be able to visit their country. (Yep, you heard it right, the US government demands personal bank account data and fingerprints from European tourists before they are allowed into the USA.)

This is what the US borders look like for foreigners (and some Americans too):
http://www.alternet.org/rights/95351/at_jfk_airport%2C_denying_basic_rights_is_just_another_day_at_the_office/

I hereby declare Peace on war!
█ Please read the Board Rules and Posting, and you
Radio Free Amsterdam
People who know truth, speak truth.
Those who don't, quote scriptures.
Brother Adam

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yes, I know. I won't leave the country, and I won't fly on commercial airlines either. I'm not subjecting myself to their tyrannical searches and regulations just to travel. I will stay here on my own soil and fight these bastards to the death.

Now, if you were a mexican, you could just waltz right in, get free medical, social security, food stamps, etc. They are purposely dissolving our country's heritage into a multicultural dump with immigrants demanding we give them rights when they are here illegally.

I get pissed thinking about all the problems they cause, and unfortunately, I can't spell it out to people WHO and WHAT the problem are without being attacked, banned, ridiculed, ignored, etc. The jewish criminal network has a tighter grip on the US than they had on the Soviet Union during the Bolshevik revolution and the US is screwed. Toast. Done. Over. Finished.....because nobody wants to hear it. The programming and mind control WORKED LIKE A CHARM. It's not "experimental" technology. It's technology in use for decades, even centuries already.

In fact...it's not just the US, but most countries on the face of the planet. It's absolutely amazing and mind boggling the control these creatures have over the world, and nobody wants to talk about it. You kick over a rock....there they are. I keep screaming it, but nobody listens. It's like a nightmare where you go to scream and no sound comes out. There's nothing you can do.

“Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives.”

-James Madison

Police officers acquitted for beating a 64 yr old man recently in New Orleans. In the words of their defense attorney "all he had to do was comply"....and they wouldn't have fractured his face.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Issues of war and peace All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: