THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index
AustraliaBasqueBulgariaCanadaChinaEgyptFranceGreeceIcelandIndiaIndonesiaIrelandJamaicaJapanJordanLatviaMexicoNetherlandsNew Zealand
NorwaySpainPakistanLebanonPeruPolandPeurto RicoRomaniaRussiaSingaporeSouth AfricaSudanSwedenThailandTurkeyUnited KingdomUSAUzbekistan
Its finally here!!! Read all about it!!!!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Cannabis, Religion and History
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rev. Rodger L. Poole
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:21 pm    Post subject: Its finally here!!! Read all about it!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

Hey everybody!

I am proud to announce that the ULC Seminary is now offering the
Dr. of Shamanism Degree !

This course covers religions of the world that blend the use of mind-altering substances and spirituality.....and guess what?

THC Ministry and Rev. Roger Christie are included in the course as one of the worlds cannabis-based religions! This can be an incredibly powerful tool for those who understand the potential in owning a course like this.
I hope youre as excited as I am about this great development!!!

https://www.ulcseminary.org/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=147

This link will take you to the site and show you a little about it. Or, you can click the ULC link in my signature, and you can navigate the site, and find it that way....

Once you complete the course, you will get a beautiful Dr. of Shamanism degree certificate on gold foil paper with a big gold ULC seal....Personalized with your name on it, showing your proud accomplishment.

**** Special offer:

Those who choose to take the course, and earn their Dr. of Shamanism Degree, will also have the option of ordering a hard text copy of the course from me for their own records. You can order the 5 month email course in text only format, and save it to your computer if you want, or ill be happy to provide you with a NICE hard copy of the course for your own safe-keeping. Those who are qualified and interested should send me a PM for more details.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to pm me and ask. I look forward to everyones support and mutual benefit from owning this course for themselves. Thanks everyone!
Rev.Holden Greene

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got a couple questions i figured id just ask here so others can hear the answers also.

**** Special offer:

Those who choose to take the course, and earn their Dr. of Shamanism Degree, will also have the option of ordering a hard text copy of the course from me for their own records. You can order the 5 month email course in text only format, and save it to your computer if you want, or ill be happy to provide you with a NICE hard copy of the course for your own safe-keeping. Those who are qualified and interested should send me a PM for more details.

was this offer from you or from the site? what kind of qualification is being referred to?

does this degree allow you to legaly use the title dr?

just curious how much they metioned us a paragraph a page?

Tyler Durdan
RogerChristie
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:18 pm    Post subject: A very BIG congratulations!!! Reply with quote

Hello Rodger and friends,

Aloha. Wow! What a milestone to celebrate today. Nice going, Rodger. Just the little I have read about this course and it's potential impact is terrific news for all spiritual-minded individuals, AND for the THC Ministry, its members and its members-to-be.

Thank you Rodger for including our work in yours. I look forward to ordering the study and expanding my knowledge of shamanism. Mahalo!

May your course in shamanism help to bring more harmony, understanding, compassion and prosperity to the world. And so it is.

All the very best to you and yours,

Roger

###
Rev. Rodger L. Poole

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
was this offer from you or from the site? what kind of qualification is being referred to?

does this degree allow you to legaly use the title dr?

just curious how much they metioned us a paragraph a page?

The offer for the hard copy of the text is from me.....the offer of the course itself as well as the degree are through ULC Seminary. I am only offering the opportunity of obtaining a hard copy to the folks who take the course, to be fair to the ULC and the people who choose to participate.

This degree does not allow you to use the title of Dr. in your name. The title of Dr. is protected in all 50 states. Certain circumstances must be met legally for someone to be able to use the title of Dr. in their name. The only degree that ULC Seminary offers that allows you to use the title of Dr. in your name legally, is the Doctor of Divinity Degree, which is a recognized degree. Even then, it is not the same as an academic doctorate...In the Doctor of Divinity, the term "Dr." is only a religious title, and not indicative of academic accomplishment.

There is one huge paragraph, which covers when it was founded, names Rev. Roger Christie as the founder, and covers the basic philosophy of the ministry and what it stands for, under the 'cannabis' section of one of the discourses...

The great thing is that the fact that it was mentioned at all...! This can be a powerful tool for someone who wants to show our religion in context with other ones in the world. When you stack us up against all of the other shamanistic religions, we are just like them, and fit the qualification. This concept is great for showing people that religious beliefs are not a "scam" just because we arent mainstream. There have been people practicing our religion for thousands of years....I wonder why all of a sudden its such a problem? Laughing

Great questions, Rev. Holden Greene ! Thanks for bringing these issues up....I agree those are probably questions most people have in their minds, and you helped us all out....well done.
Rev. Rodger L. Poole

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hello Rodger and friends,

Aloha. Wow! What a milestone to celebrate today. Nice going, Rodger. Just the little I have read about this course and it's potential impact is terrific news for all spiritual-minded individuals, AND for the THC Ministry, its members and its members-to-be.

Thank you Rodger for including our work in yours. I look forward to ordering the study and expanding my knowledge of shamanism. Mahalo!

May your course in shamanism help to bring more harmony, understanding, compassion and prosperity to the world. And so it is.

Thanks for those kind words, Roger. This is an accomplishment I am very proud of. For all of us!

If it werent for the ministry, i probably would never have thought of doing it. I appreciate that. I think its time we were on equal footing with the rest of the world, and the best way I could think of to do that was to put this religion right next to all of the other shamanistic religions of the world, and the comparison is so simple and powerful it cant be denied. I could definitely see this being used widely to educate those folks who do not understand this way of life. It all comes down to education, IMO.

For some reason people seem to understand shamanism, but they dont make the connection to this ministry.....to me its obvious. Mixing mind altering substances with spirituality has been done for thousands of years.....I think its "high" time this concept is understood, so our members, and everyone else sees what this is REALLY about.

Our point of contact, influence, and reference is the THC Ministry, but the religion has always been the same......Shamanism, plain and simple. Wink

I thank everyone in advance for their support of this degree, and I hope you can all be a part of it. Very exciting stuff !!!
Rev.Holden Greene

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok i saw the dr of divinity degree before & noticed this course didnt mention the right to use the title & i figured i probly couldnt.

maybe im misinterperating but it sounds like you wrote the course. is this true? if so congradulations & thank you.

i am interested in the course but i will have to wait a while ill let you know what i thought of it

Tyler Durdan
Rev. Rodger L. Poole

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
maybe im misinterperating but it sounds like you wrote the course. is this true? if so congradulations & thank you.

Thank you Rev. Greene, that is very nice of you...
Embarassed
I did write it, and Im very proud of this accomplishment.....
I hope you enjoy the course when you take it, and I look forward to your feedback on it.
zero

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does this mean I could be called Dr. Rev. zero?

just in name that could help our cause immensly. The name Dr. is very subliminally powerfull.

www.marijuanadiscussion.com
do you have any food, cause i like to eat all the food!
Rev. Rodger L. Poole

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Brother zero....

Yes you can legally have the title of Dr. in your name. ULC Seminary has Dr. of Divinity Degrees for a modest donation of $30. Once the church issues you the degree, you may legally use the title of Dr. in your name.

You are not allowed in any way to attempt to represent yourself as a Dr. of medicine or psychology, as this is unethical and illegal. Some people abuse it....like everything else, huh? Laughing

Yup, you can be the cool Rev.Dr. zero.............! Good luck!
Mystic Power
admin THC-Ministry YahooGroup

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'd recommend Rev. Dr. Zero, Master of Time and Space...

Chicks dig it.

Bliss,
Ben
Mystic Power

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...and congrats on your accomplishment, Rev. Poole!

We're keepin' our eye on you...we've heard good things, good things.

Wink

Bliss,
Ben
Rev. Chazman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Doctor of Divinity degree does allow you to use the title Dr.... I have had one for a long time for some work/help I gave to the organization in the past. I haven’t used the D.D. title... but legally I could. Hope that helps.

Rev. Poole... I hope you have great success with your course. I was going to do a correspondence course on Wicca & magic years ago, so I know there is a lot of work and preparation involved in a project like this. Hope it pays off for you.

Peace
I praise good thoughts, good words, and good deeds and those that are to be thought, spoken, and done. I do accept all good thoughts, good words, and good deeds. I do renounce all evil thoughts, evil words, and evil deeds. ---Avesta: Yasna
---------------------------------------------------
Future Servant of Cannatopia ©2004 - ∞ Rev. Chazman all rights reserved
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Cannabis, Religion and History All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: