THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index
It's a fine 'win' considering...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Testimonials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rev. Rodger L. Poole
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats the spirit....

Ok, Ill let it go.

Im interested to see if anything develops as a result of these posts.

Put down the bong and pick up a book every once in a while for Pete's sake.

"Compassion to those that deserve it, and Justice for all others."
Rev.Holden Greene

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seems to me what we need is someone very brave & im sure we will have the case soon. it very well may be rev charles tucker & wild flower who are going through there battle right now. that reminds me i gotta go check on them.

i agree with i think it was joe said earlier that this thing is just reaching critical mass.

you mentioned mlk earlier he wasnt the first to believe he was right that a changee was needed just the first one with balls that big.

Tyler Durdan
Rev.Holden Greene

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it may also be opi there fighting his case in illinoi. he seems to be doing well.

Tyler Durdan
Mystic Power
admin THC-Ministry YahooGroup

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rev. Rodger L. Poole wrote:

Im interested to see if anything develops as a result of these posts.

I think there just might be.

Bliss,
Ben

"In Lak'ech"
~ Ancient Mayan: "I am another YOU." ~
Rev. Rodger L. Poole

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

How cryptic....... Laughing

Mystic Power

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

How cryptic....... Laughing

OK, then. How 'bout SWEET-JUMPIN'-JEEZUS! I HOPE SO!!! rofl

I think you're onto something big, Rev. Rodger... it's been in practice among our medical cannabis bro's and sis's for quite a while. We should learn from them.

Sometimes the Magic works. Sometimes it doesn't.
~ Chief Dan George in Little Big Man ~

Bliss,
Ben

"In Lak'ech"
~ Ancient Mayan: "I am another YOU." ~
zero

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you guys are crazy.

I love this place

"I understand that fear is my friend, but not always. Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed."
Brother Adam

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, I don't wish this on any of our ministers, mostly because I don't wish any harm on anyone...and to spend even one night in jail I think is harmful to a person's peaceful balance.

However, I truely do see the value in this, and I have actually silently wondered about this myself for a while. I figure it is more due to a lack of resources than anything.

If you are pulled over and arrested for your sacrament, you can easily go to court and fight for your own rights with or without a public defender. Not to mention that at that point, court costs are no longer a consideration compared to the loss of your freedom.

However, the impending lawsuit you would have to take up against the entities involved would require you to outlay quite a wad of cash I assume. I don't know what it costs to sue someone, especially the authorities (and to have a fighting chance) and I'm sure most like me assume it's too expensive. Heck, after fighting and gaining freedom again, some just plain lose the will to fight again.

These are all just things I have considered on my own when it comes to this subject, that I think are quite relevant reasons why this isn't happening everywhere allready.

So, now what do we do? First, at least some of us (like me) Embarassed could use some education on the cost and feasability of this process. Then, maybe even some step by step ideas to make this plausible ahead of time, so we're not forced to sort it out in a clinch with a minister's neck on the chopping block....

Just my .02 people!

Peace and love!
Rev. Rodger L. Poole

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben wrote:

Quote:
I think you're onto something big, Rev. Rodger... it's been in practice among our medical cannabis bro's and sis's for quite a while. We should learn from them.

Thanks, Brother Ben...it seemed like it was to me, but we all see things differently. Im glad you and others see the value in the idea.

Everyone seems worried about the cost outlay of suing someone. This is usually because they havent sued anyone before. What happens alot of times, is that you go to a lawyer and explain to them that you want to sue someone, and the reason why. This will usually cost you a consultation fee for an hour....its actually money well spent in this case , I believe. The lawyer will tell you whether or not he thinks you have a case against said party of the first party. If he thinks you have a case, and wants to represent you, they will usually agree to a percentage of what you finally win, plus expenses associated with the case...ie; private detectives, etc.
It usually comes out to be 30-40%....In other words, they assume the costs based on what they feel they will win, based on the merits of the case. Look at it like working on commission....huge commission. Does that help anyone?

Fyrefly1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rev. Adam wrote:
court costs are no longer a consideration compared to the loss of your freedom.

If you're arrested the only cost to you if you lost would be jail time or some such thing...in this country you're not held responsible for the court costs to prosecute you.

Actually, there would be two separate cases: one for you being arrested, the second, usually after the first one is settled would be your lawsuit to get your sacrament back. I guess if you had to do jail time they wouldn't have to return it to you so you probably wouldn't have a case!

For sure you don't have to shell out any moulah in a lawsuit...unless you lose!

Attorneys usually won't take a case unless they're fairly sure they can win it so if the case is pretty solid there shouldn't be much to fear...

I think in the end it comes down to whether or not we are educated about our rights and if we have the guts to stand up for what we know to be the truth.
Rev.Holden Greene

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben wrote:

Quote:

Thanks, Brother Ben...it seemed like it was to me, but we all see things differently. Im glad you and others see the value in the idea.

Everyone seems worried about the cost outlay of suing someone. This is usually because they havent sued anyone before. What happens alot of times, is that you go to a lawyer and explain to them that you want to sue someone, and the reason why. This will usually cost you a consultation fee for an hour....its actually money well spent in this case , I believe. The lawyer will tell you whether or not he thinks you have a case against said party of the first party. If he thinks you have a case, and wants to represent you, they will usually agree to a percentage of what you finally win, plus expenses associated with the case...ie; private detectives, etc.
It usually comes out to be 30-40%....In other words, they assume the costs based on what they feel they will win, based on the merits of the case. Look at it like working on commission....huge commission. Does that help anyone?

this does help it should be prominantly posted somewhere in one of the leagal sections.

Tyler Durdan
Rev.Holden Greene

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fyrefly1 wrote:
Rev. Adam wrote:

If you're arrested the only cost to you if you lost would be jail time or some such thing...in this country you're not held responsible for the court costs to prosecute you.

Actually, there would be two separate cases: one for you being arrested, the second, usually after the first one is settled would be your lawsuit to get your sacrament back. I guess if you had to do jail time they wouldn't have to return it to you so you probably wouldn't have a case!

Attorneys usually won't take a case unless they're fairly sure they can win it so if the case is pretty solid there shouldn't be much to fear...

I think in the end it comes down to whether or not we are educated about our rights and if we have the guts to stand up for what we know to be the truth.

i think it may be different by the state. i cant find my paperwork but i am sure that i had to pay tons of costs associated with proscecuting me including a fee for the da one for the judge.

Tyler Durdan
Brother Adam

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on the information you guys have provided, I would say suing someone for this is quite feasible. However, I think our biggest plight would be to get an attorney who will listen and understand our religion here at the THC, and then be willing to take the case. Shopping around paying consultation fees everywhere could be just another burden. Allthough, I know alot of attorneys don't charge a consultation fee to hear what your case is about because it gives them a chance to figure if it's a viable idea or not.

I, for on, am completely willing to go this route when the time comes. Let's keep hashing out the variables in this thread because I think we're bringing some valid points to life.... claps
Fyrefly1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rev.Holden Greene wrote:
Fyrefly1 wrote:
Rev. Adam wrote:

i think it may be different by the state. i cant find my paperwork but i am sure that i had to pay tons of costs associated with proscecuting me including a fee for the da one for the judge.

Well, you're certainly gonna have to pay your attorney but you're right, the court costs thing is by state. Some states are starting to pass laws where the loser pays in litigation cases (to stop frivolous lawsuits) but I still think court costs in a criminal action are paid for by most states...
Rev.Holden Greene

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guess im just in a shitty state

Tyler Durdan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Testimonials All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: