THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index
Is the Christian/Muslim/Jewish view of God primitive?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zero
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, You have all been waiting for my take on this subject.

here are my words of wisdom.

"dude, who really cares?"

If you do, say I.

"I understand that fear is my friend, but not always. Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed."
sara

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hai drink drink
aeroplane

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

You should. We all should if this truly is a ministry - a place for seeking enlightenment and connection with God. Brother, I believe that you have joined this site where etheogenic herbs are held sacred, not to bring us shame by reckless behaviour, but rather to grow and to honor that Divinity within you.

Which is exactly my point for all of us.

Go beyond the ego and honor the Divinity within you, within everyone, within everything. God is in you. God is in all of us. We are not who we think we are.

God is playing all the parts: you, me, every lifeform, every non-lifeform, everything, there is no seperation between us. By hurting you, I truly am hurting myself, even if I choose to lie to myself. To "grow the nose to smell itself" God in our form allows itself to forget what it really is so that it can experience the reward of finding itself again. We are the only thing that can do that. The animals still have the connection. We "ate of the tree of Wisdom" which created the seperation between us and God. God is the beginning. We are the end. We need to complete this cycle before the "game" runs out.

US President Jimmy Carter
Fyrefly1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aeroplane wrote:
We need to complete this cycle before the "game" runs out.

That's the thing....the 'game' never runs out.

Since we are essentially the Creator, being god the game is completely under our control. It only ends if we choose for it to end!
Rev. Rodger L. Poole

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Muslim/Christian/Jewish perpetuation of God is an attempt by those cultures to deal with the fear of death. Their saviour/s promise everlasting life in a wonderful place...or a terrible one, depending on how good or bad you are...But the permeating belief and hope, is that when we physically die, it is not the end. I believe that this concept, more than any other one, holds the God philosophy together. It is much nicer and easier to believe in an afterlife, than to believe when we die, we are like every other creature on earth and the show is over.

Put down the bong and pick up a book every once in a while for Pete's sake.

"Compassion to those that deserve it, and Justice for all others."
Fyrefly1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rev. Rodger L. Poole wrote:
I think the Muslim/Christian/Jewish perpetuation of God is an attempt by those cultures to deal with the fear of death. Their saviour/s promise everlasting life in a wonderful place...or a terrible one, depending on how good or bad you are...But the permeating belief and hope, is that when we physically die, it is not the end. I believe that this concept, more than any other one, holds the God philosophy together. It is much nicer and easier to believe in an afterlife, than to believe when we die, we are like every other creature on earth and the show is over.

The bold is my emphasis...

Good point, Rodger...

I do think it's deeper than the heaven/hell problem:

I think that we, being energy in the form of a collection of biologically and energetically attracted atoms, can never really be destroyed or ended and that heaven/hell is just a wishful platitude of primitive peoples with giant questions about their future after death...no offense to the christians on the site...Smile Just my opinion only....

I also used to 'believe in the after life' that way.

But as I read and studied I decided that the main reason I do believe in a "creator" outside myself is that I don't think it is possible for 'me' to create 'myself'...unless it is only repeating a known template from many lifetimes.
But what about the "first" time I was created? Surely 'nothing' cannot create 'something' as intelligent as a human being....?!

I personally think it's ludicrous to think that an organism with as much life, intelligence, creativity, ability to understand, empathy (which is a big one, btw) ability to change ones mind or situation, and the ability to consciously and intentionally sacrifice oneself for the good of another should be relegated to random chance....

Then again, what could I possibly know about it?

Laughing
Mystic Power
admin THC-Ministry YahooGroup

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fyrefly1 wrote:

'Bout as much as the rest of us.

Each of us is uniquely qualified to make a damn good guess! Laughing

I think the contemplation of such is a lot of fun and a major part of our existence.

Mass reality models come and go. That must be really fun to watch from an infinite/eternal perspective.

We cannot solve our problems at the same level of thinking with which we created them.
~Albert Einstein~

Bliss,
Ben

"In Lak'ech"
~ Ancient Mayan: "I am another YOU." ~
Fyrefly1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mystic Power wrote:
Fyrefly1 wrote:

'Bout as much as the rest of us.

Each of us is uniquely qualified to make a damn good guess! Laughing

I think the contemplation of such is a lot of fun and a major part of our existence.

Mass reality models come and go. That must be really fun to watch from an infinite/eternal perspective.

If there's a 'supreme being' up there watching right now, he/she/it/all-that-is is probably laughing their collective asses off right now going, "C'mon, c'mon..you're almost there, you've almost got it....don't stop now, just a little bit more!"

Laughing

Quote:
We cannot solve our problems at the same level of thinking with which we created them.
~Albert Einstein~

Bliss,
Ben

Yeah, I really love thinking about and discussing this stuff...and it always seems to happen on Sunday morning... Laughing

The Albert Einstein quote is especially apropos in this discussion, btw!

Smile
aeroplane

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fyrefly1 wrote:
Aeroplane wrote:
We need to complete this cycle before the "game" runs out.

That's the thing....the 'game' never runs out.

Since we are essentially the Creator, being god the game is completely under our control. It only ends if we choose for it to end!

I agree with you there, but there is away the game can end early. The ego can end the game. Think of it like this, the game played on a smaller scale is your life. Your ego (whether great or small) can cause you to terminate the game early through suicide. Suicide is strictly our choice, it's not anyone's destiny.

On a grander scale mankind may be about to commit suicide to prove their gods. If we only understand the Divinity comes from within, this suicide would be avoided and this cycle in the game would end naturally.

Quote:
In the late 1970s, a group of Jewish activists tried unsuccessfully to attack and destroy al-Aqsa Mosque and the nearby Dome of the Rock mosque using weapons stolen from Israeli soldiers.

The men told interrogators they had hoped the destruction of the Islamic edifice would trigger violence and bloodshed on such a scale it would induce the appearance of the Jewish messiah, who would bring about salvation for the Jewish people and rule the world from Jerusalem.

http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/7BBE63F6-BD91-4707-A046-FC6B9C8BAE40.htm

I added the bold. But anyway, even if this doesn't happen, this cycle of the game, and eventually the entire game is meant to terminate so that another one can begin. There has never been a time quite like this. It truly is vital to appreciate every moment and to not allow your joy to be stolen from you.

zero

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aeroplane wrote:
Quote:

You should. We all should if this truly is a ministry - a place for seeking enlightenment and connection with God. Brother, I believe that you have joined this site where etheogenic herbs are held sacred, not to bring us shame by reckless behaviour, but rather to grow and to honor that Divinity within you

Well, maybe I should, but I see it this way. Life is too short to worry about wether or not there is a guy somewhere watching everything we do and judging us on it. I feel we should worry more about whats going down right now than what might happen when we die. so, simply, I just dont care about someone else vision of "god". I care about my own vision of "life".

but, to each his own brother. I wish you luck on your journey for inner peace and divinity. Wish me luck on my journey for the best parties and hottest chicks.

"I understand that fear is my friend, but not always. Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed."
fire on the wind
regular contributor
regular contributor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've only browsed through the posts but i thought this Terence Mckenna quote might be relevant.

Apocalypse Now

The apocalypse is not something which is coming. The apocalypse has arrived in major portions of the planet and it's only because we live within a bubble of incredible privilege and social insulation that we still have the luxury of anticipating the apocalypse. If you go to Bosnia or Somalia or Peru or much of the third-world then it appears that the apocalypse has already arrived.

here's another one, helps me laugh at myself (which actually if experienced deeply and profoundly enough may be a mystical experience... i guess that works with anything experienced deeply and profoundly enough)

Absurdities

For monkeys to speak of truth is hubris of the highest degree. Where is it writ large that talking-monkeys should be able to model the cosmos? If a sea urchin or a racoon were to propose to you that it had a viable truth about the universe, the absurdity of that assertion would be self-evident, but in our case we make an exception.

Love to will, will to love.
The secret was told to Mose through the bush which the lord who is like unto fire did burn but not consume, Moses came nigh unto the bush and the Lord spake: I Am, upon which Moses pondered and replied I am too, thus was the initiation given through the bush which in its blazing was not consumed but revealed.
projectpeace

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:34 pm    Post subject: Gawd Reply with quote

I have come to think of what most people call "God" as "The Great YouNameIt" just to eliminate gender or anthropomorphism from what is in my opinion, an energetic concept. Neither there nor here, above or below, there is no seperation. Spirituality is not seperate from other parts of life, except when constricted within the dogmatic mythologies of religousauruses.

Everybody has their own movie...

Wink PvH
http://formalcomplaint.blogspot.com/

Cannabis has never been truly illegal. The "laws" prohibiting the most useful agricultural resource on Earth are truly unlawful because Cannabis is unique and essential, beyond the rightful jurisdiction of any court.
aeroplane

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
BEWARE OF MONOTHEISM
Monotheism is the primitive religion which centers human consciousness on Hive Authority. There is One God and His Name is (substitute Hive-Label). If there is only One God then there is no choice, no option, no selection of reality. There is only Submission or Heresy. The word Islam means "submission." The basic posture of Christianity is kneeling. Thy will be done. Monotheism therefore does no harm to hive-oriented terrestrials (Stages 10, 11 and 12) who eagerly seek to lay-off responsibility on some Big Boss. Monotheism does profound mischief to those who are evolving to post-hive stages of reality. Advanced mutants (Stages 13 to 1 Cool do make the discovery that "All is One," as the realization dawns that "My Brain creates all the realities that I experience." The discovery of Self is frightening because the novitiate possessor of the Automobile Body and the Automobile Brain must accept all the power that the hive religions attributed to the jealous Jehovah. The First Commandment of all monotheisms is: I am the Lord, thy God: Thou shalt have no other Gods before me. All monotheisms are vengeful, aggressive, expansionist, intolerant.

Stage 10: Islam-Catholicism
Stage 11: Protestant Evangelism
Stage 12: Communist-Dulles Imperialism
(much more)
http://deoxy.org/bom.htm

Anybody remember our discussion on this topic? I just did a search for "consciousness" and found this interesting little ditty.

aeroplane

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just had a thought. What if I'm wrong?

What if we are all wrong about God? Not just the jewchristuslims, but all of us. Atheists. Buddists. Existentialists. Me. What if everything we think we know about God is wrong? Just as everything we believe about God is right.

The paradox of reality is that everything is possible and nothing is possible.

We may be sharing this consensual reality, but that does not mean that we all share the same perception of that reality.

God is whatever you believe it is...

...or isn't. It's your reality. Very Happy

Mystic Power

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
We may be sharing this consensual reality, but that does not mean that we all share the same perception of that reality.

I think this is the absolute nature of things.

Core beliefs are energy which attract and create events, people, and experiences which, then, reinforce those very beliefs.

It pays to be aware of the contents of our conscious thoughts. They are energy.

Bliss,
Ben

"In Lak'ech"
~ Ancient Mayan: "I am another YOU." ~
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Discussions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: