THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index
Is the Christian/Muslim/Jewish view of God primitive?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aeroplane
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:09 pm    Post subject: Is the Christian/Muslim/Jewish view of God primitive? Reply with quote

Is the Christian/Muslim/Jewish view of God primitive? All three practice allegance to basically the same God and all three believe that each must be the favorited of this God. An external god that looks like us and sits on a throne playing mankind like a grand chess match that will bring the world as we know it to an abrupt end for the fulfillment of His ego.

God is not an external being. God is the love within us that strives to express itself and experience itself in each of us. It is the desire for acceptance among others as we try to remind ourselves of who we truly are.

"Do you not know that you are gods?" Those words were spoken 2,000 years ago by one of the radicals that allowed Love to express itself through him to help remind us. We are gods. We are the Buddha. We are the alplha and omega playing your character in this theatrical production called your life.

This life really is just a game after all. But it is not a chess match played by warring gods. It is a game meant to teach us about love on so many different levels. We forget that our purpose is to love and be loved and to record those experiences. We as the Buddha wrote the script and rules a long time ago. We chose our various roles to play to remind us about love through pain and ecstasy.

Knowing this, we can evolve as we no longer need to kill and harm in the name of our gods. We can see each other as equals. Each of us a unique expression of Love which we are all apart of and no one has more of a right to that Love more than us. All of us. God loves all of us equally because God is us.

US President Jimmy Carter
Ferre
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, there are those who believe that the world would be a much better place if it was not for the Judeo-Christian religions and their continuous fighting for dominance screwing it up for everyone else on the planet since their first appearence in history.

And yep, you can count me as one of those. Wink

I hereby declare Peace on war!
█ Please read the Board Rules and Posting, and you
Radio Free Amsterdam
People who know truth, speak truth.
Those who don't, quote scriptures.
entropical

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You talking about the false religion and asking if their view of God is primitive *hahaha* Its hillarious! Laughing
"Rastafari is not a faith which can be converted to. No one person can say, 'This is exactly what the Rastafari doctrine is,' because the beauty of the faith is that it is seen through the eyes of the beholder...it is a way of life, which, like life itself, continues to grow in mind, body and spirit."
Mystic Power
admin THC-Ministry YahooGroup

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Is the Christian/Muslim/Jewish view of God primitive?

Yes. To the point of absurdity.
My opinion and my opinion only. Your mileage may vary. Void where prohibited. Some restrictrions may apply. Please consult your metaphysician before changing this, or any other deeply held religious belief. The writer of the above statement cannot be held responsible for crisis-of-faith or the melt-down of any reality-model or belief system. Contents may settle during shipping. Avoid contact with skin. If third eye becomes irritated, flush with cold water.

Follow Your Bliss,
Ben

"In Lak'ech"
~ Ancient Mayan: "I am another YOU." ~
sara

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it is all 100% + or 100% -

I think that in all religion there both + & -,

if there is a God , then do you think he cares what religion you think is the best? I think that God is what I think and everyone can find what is God
in their way, but religion is about social control & fear & mystery& mastery.

Shocked
Stokes

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sara wrote:
I don't think it is all 100% + or 100% -

I think that in all religion there both + & -,

if there is a God , then do you think he cares what religion you think is the best? I think that God is what I think and everyone can find what is God
in their way, but religion is about social control & fear & mystery& mastery.

Shocked

Interesting thoughts, Sara.

I wonder if social control, fear, mystery, and mastery can be achieved by the use of anti-religion as well? ... Hmmm, seems so.

Maybe in the big picture it's really more about human motives and what any given person or group hope to accomplish, with or without the use of religion.

It's difficult to tell what anyone's real motivations are most of the time, isn't it? ... I can only guess that that's where the need for honest and thoughtful communication enters into the picture. Considering ourselves to be spiritual beings should be of greater importance than separating one another into religious or non-religious categories.

Stokes

Where love is, there God is also.

-Mahatma Gandhi
Fyrefly1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Is the Christian/Muslim/Jewish view of God primitive? Reply with quote

aeroplane wrote:
Is the Christian/Muslim/Jewish view of God primitive? All three practice allegance to basically the same God and all three believe that each must be the favorited of this God. An external god that looks like us and sits on a throne playing mankind like a grand chess match that will bring the world as we know it to an abrupt end for the fulfillment of His ego.

God is not an external being. God is the love within us that strives to express itself and experience itself in each of us. It is the desire for acceptance among others as we try to remind ourselves of who we truly are.

"Do you not know that you are gods?" Those words were spoken 2,000 years ago by one of the radicals that allowed Love to express itself through him to help remind us. We are gods. We are the Buddha. We are the alplha and omega playing your character in this theatrical production called your life.

This life really is just a game after all. But it is not a chess match played by warring gods. It is a game meant to teach us about love on so many different levels. We forget that our purpose is to love and be loved and to record those experiences. We as the Buddha wrote the script and rules a long time ago. We chose our various roles to play to remind us about love through pain and ecstasy.

Knowing this, we can evolve as we no longer need to kill and harm in the name of our gods. We can see each other as equals. Each of us a unique expression of Love which we are all apart of and no one has more of a right to that Love more than us. All of us. God loves all of us equally because God is us.

Good words..good thoughts, Aeroplane...

It's just too bad that our "current" government model of so called christians doesn't see it that way although there are millions of 'silent' christians that do...

If, as you say, 'God is us', then doesn't that mean that many many people are full of self loathing because of the way they treat others? That many many people must hate themselves because of their attitudes towards others' belief systems?

I submit that no religion is better than any other religion because they are all based upon personal opinions about what is reality in their lives...
sara

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
f, as you say, 'God is us', then doesn't that mean that many many people are full of self loathing because of the way they treat others? That many many people must hate themselves because of their attitudes towards others' belief systems?

exactly, the reflection, it is the growing pains of spiritual evolution.

many people hate and hate is what they get, a mind-setting which makes
a person sick and seak the opposit at the same time.
Rolling Eyes
Mystic Power

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We continually create "god" in our image via our religions, which are a reflection of who we are at any particular time in history.

Sara wrote:
I think that God is what I think and everyone can find what is God in their way,

Yes, indeed. In my opinion, "god" experiences itself, subjectively, through each of us...and through the subjective experience of being everything else, as well.

Quote:
...but religion is about social control & fear & mystery& mastery.

That is my opinion. I'd also add that a differing opinion is simply that: an opinion...and not necessarily an indication of some nefarious motive or other.

Bliss,
Ben

"In Lak'ech"
Mystic Power

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fyrefly1 wrote:
If, as you say, 'God is us', then doesn't that mean that many many people are full of self loathing because of the way they treat others? That many many people must hate themselves because of their attitudes towards others' belief systems?

Well said. It is a situation known as cognitive dissonance.

Quote:
I submit that no religion is better than any other religion because they are all based upon personal opinions about what is reality in their lives...

That sums it up. Very Happy

Bliss,
Ben

"In Lak'ech"
Stokes

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mystic Power wrote:

Quote:
...but religion is about social control & fear & mystery& mastery.

That is my opinion. I'd also add that a differing opinion is simply that: an opinion...and not necessarily an indication of some nefarious motive or other.

Bliss,
Ben

You're right here, Ben ... an opinion is simply an opinion.

And a veiled inference to another's comment without addressing the issue raised is spurious to say the least, clearly lacking the honest and thoughtful communication of which my post touched on.

-Mahatma Gandhi
Mystic Power

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stokes wrote:

You're right here, Ben ... an opinion is simply an opinion.

And a veiled inference to another's comment without addressing the issue raised is spurious to say the least, clearly lacking the honest and thoughtful communication of which my post touched on.

There was no "veiled inference" Bro Stokes. I was being quite open. I was also honest. And I was as thoughtful as I know how to be.

You seem to be in an uncomfortable place right now where you see veiled inference, dishonesty and nefarious motives lurking in the shadows.

It seems to be what you are seeking, and we always find what we seek. Always.

If that's your bliss...if it brings you happiness then, enjoy. I understand that sometimes folks achieve some sort of emotional pay-off from that sort of thing.

If, however, it is causing you unhappiness, you can fix it easily. It only takes a moment and a slight perceptual shift.

Follow Your Bliss,
Ben

"In Lak'ech"
zero

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is all too much for my hungover mind to deal with.

and that spicey chicken i just ate isnt sitting well in my stomach.

I did have something rather profound to say, but it will have to wait.

Damn you, beer.......

"I understand that fear is my friend, but not always. Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed."
Stokes

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A masterful attempt at diversion, brother Ben.

I think I'll just leave you in your own moment of bliss-teria.

rofl

-Mahatma Gandhi
aeroplane

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it odd that we tend to refer to God as a he. God is equally she as well. God is a noun. God is a verb. God is just an adjective to describe that which we have no words to describe. God is the ultimate paradox of everything and nothing coexisting/nonexisting in harmony and at war.

US President Jimmy Carter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Discussions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: