THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index
Is Normal Now A Mental Illness?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Health and Food issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brother Adam
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You want to know where the true ATTENTION DEFICIT lies? It's the attention the children get from parents, period. Point blank.

“Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives.”

-James Madison

Police officers acquitted for beating a 64 yr old man recently in New Orleans. In the words of their defense attorney "all he had to do was comply"....and they wouldn't have fractured his face.
zero

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rev. Adam wrote:
You want to know where the true ATTENTION DEFICIT lies? It's the attention the children get from parents, period. Point blank.

thats what it all boils down too.

"I understand that fear is my friend, but not always. Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed."
Dreamz0fSafty

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i'm not here to argue LOL too tired but hey fuck it I say in my opinion the shit exists maby its from lack of attention there was alot of that too whos to say it doesnt contribute not me but hey i can tell you i defintaly wasnt normal in comparison to the vast majority around me at the time but then agian I know the anxiety still exists but whos to say its not caused by some other reasoning it realy doesnt matter to many anymore especialy at this moment in tiem after 2 pitchers of beer and bowling LOL lets jsut say hey I was a crack baby i turned out fine i had my differences at one point but hey there pretty much noone exissssstant now lol i held the key down too long oh well

Bodom line is that i agree for the most part most of it is bull shit but i dont htink you should deny the fact that soem peopoel actualy do suffer severily from these problems dont tell people that these problems dont exist at all jsut say hey you got problem if i can help sure no prob i will as long as it doesnt burden me to the point of a problematic situation worse than yours or near = but dont deny the facts that are there many people have seriouse problems with anxiety depression and ADHD to the point of suicide or avoiding all contact with the out side world over some kind of over reaction or illusionary problem or worse there inability to concentrate on something longer than 5 seconds with out being distracted by the most minor thing liek the shuffling of paper or the simple sound of even the wind i still suffer some times. it is most evident when i am distracted during reading ic an get distracted by the smallest thing you could possibly think of and forget everytihgn i read in the last 5 seconds woooosh its gone i wouldnot be able to recall your name if you told it to me 5 times withing the alst 15 secionds before i was distracted'

Just dont deny a problem when one exists if you do your no better than the fucking government i live with that still cant grasp the concept that alchol causes way more damage in one year than smoking cannabis has ever done in the history of time it self much less the problems associated with the fact that the aresting of cannabis useers that are nonviolent causes more damage to the person being arested and there family than that associated with lets say a rapist seriously.......... well shit i would probeably revise that last sentence but I aint goan argue with my girl friend when shes got a condom inher hand Razz
aeroplane

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zero wrote:
Rev. Adam wrote:

thats what it all boils down too.

Can I get an amen?

Quote:
ya'lll tryin to make me think harder now and make me show you lol

well as i said before I realy dont know the truth but maby later i'll go back into my psycology text and find the test that can prove all that ithink it can anyway.

Noooooo! Brother Dreams, put away those mindnumbing, intelligence draining psych books and use the special computer inside your noggin. Think for yourself and your elf! Laughing

Please allow me to qoute from few of my favorite doctors of psychiatry:

Quote:
"You must remember that throughout human history, millions have made this voyage...

...all of the dangers which you have feared are unnecessary productions of your mind. Whether you experience heaven or hell, remember that it is your mind which created them. Avoid grasping the one or fleeing the other. Avoid imposing the ego game on the experience.

...trust in the potentiality of your own brain...

With your ego left behind you, your brain can't go wrong."

- Drs. Ralph Metzner, Richard Alpert, & Timothy Leary

Basically, reality and how we experience it is determined by our minds.

Here's more recent consideration of basically the same concepts.

Debating the Intelligent Bleep Theory:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3217961/

US President Jimmy Carter
Mystic Power
admin THC-Ministry YahooGroup
admin THC-Ministry YahooGroup

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry -- what were we talking about...?

"In Lak'ech"
~ Ancient Mayan: "I am another YOU." ~
Dreamz0fSafty

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so what if your mind has been broken? I dont want to disagree to make anyone angry lol and you getting angry isnt going to change what I think i know. Is it normal for parents to smoke crack while their pregnant? If I removed the part of your brain that enables you to be angry you would become completly placid and passive. If the part of your brain is damaged that would normaly act to calm you, make you attentive, enable you to remeber, the list can go on... Think about this and tell me ADHD isnt possible. How many people do you know that can use there mind to recover from these things?

Your opinions are starting to sound egocentric. So atleast hear me out with out a biased opinion. Dont knock something down just because you dont know everything about it. I have taken most if not all of your words into great consideration. I have left a way out and a way to criticize pretty much everything I've typed in this thread. I have recieved mostly authortarian point of views basicly you've said everything I know is wrong and there is no other way. That seams kinda silly if you ask me.

I dont think I will put away my text books as books are the keys to knowing. I would think Doctors PHD's and very inteligent people alike who wrote the books i'm studying wouldnt refute the facts placed before them. The tests are there they can be mimiced by any one with the proper knolege and equipment.

Anyway I dont think i'm going to post in this thread anymore.
Ferre
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

me too I guess there are cases of children with ADD, or ADHD or whatever they find next. The main problem that I have is that this is a "symtom" that is much too often attributed to children who are perfectly normal but have the symptoms of what too many food-colorants and (artificial) sugars do to kids.

I hereby declare Peace on war!
█ Please read the Board Rules and Posting, and you
Radio Free Amsterdam
People who know truth, speak truth.
Those who don't, quote scriptures.
HighRising

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rev. Adam wrote:

I disagree with that statement.
My brother supposedly has ADD, and my parents have gone to great lengths to try and deal with it. He has certainly not been deprived of care, love or attention.
I think he's just easily distracted and a little butterfingered, just like I'm absent minded and forgetful, I think it's just a personality thing rather than a disorder.
Torkel

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ferre wrote:
Quote:
The main problem that I have is that this is a "symtom" that is much too often attributed to children who are perfectly normal but have the symptoms of what too many food-colorants and (artificial) sugars do to kids.

IMO, you hit the nail right on the head. Cool

If people would scrutinize their foods more I think they would find the culprit...
especially food colorants, preservatives & as BF stated, artificial sweeteners!

Open your eyes folks - they're billing us for killing us Laughing

Peace,
Torkel

Miranda vs Arizona (384 U.S. 436, 125): "Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no rule-making or legislation which would abrogate them."

HAGANS vs LAVINE (415 US 533 N-3,note 5): "Once JURISDICTION is challenged it must be proven by the Plaintiff."
Fyrefly1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what is NORMAL anyway...?

Seems to me that if we adults would let kids be who they are instead of thinking that their poor children have to conform to some standard of behavior that....who sets??...the feds of course, there would be few cases of ADHD or whatever they call it today.

What would DaVinci, Mozart, Beethoven, Bach, Einstein, Gould and many other geniouses have been able to produce if they had been drugged up by controlling parents that wanted them to be normal and 'fit in'.....
Brother Adam

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HighRising wrote:
Rev. Adam wrote:

I disagree with that statement.
My brother supposedly has ADD, and my parents have gone to great lengths to try and deal with it. He has certainly not been deprived of care, love or attention.
I think he's just easily distracted and a little butterfingered, just like I'm absent minded and forgetful, I think it's just a personality thing rather than a disorder.

I certainly didn't mean that as a blanket statement for every case. It's a side effect of our capitalistic society that often requires both parents to work their lives away while children are babysat by school teachers and day cares. Our public paid babysitters are looking for a way to control the heard since they can't use paddles anymore.

The truth is, all children have very high energy levels. They were not designed to be stuck in a desk 8 hours a day, and neither were adults. Their youth is when they are supposed to be bouncing off the walls, trees, and each other developing their muscles and motor skills, and ingenuity.....you know, the things that have actually sustained our species for so long.

It used to be, not so long ago, that a boy would start learning to fish, till the land, trap, and shoot to sustain himself from his father no sooner than he could walk. These are REAL life skills necessary to survive.

Math, science, and social studies might make our lives a little easier today (is this really so?) they are not PRE-requisites for life like our current system would like you to believe. We are not THAT different from our cousins in the animal kingdom, we just THINK we are.

Nobody is going to just wash away thousands of years of evolution with ritalin or any other drug for that matter, but they might just turn a few normal kids into zombies.

“Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives.”

-James Madison

Police officers acquitted for beating a 64 yr old man recently in New Orleans. In the words of their defense attorney "all he had to do was comply"....and they wouldn't have fractured his face.
aeroplane

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fyrefly1 wrote:
So what is NORMAL anyway...?

Seems to me that if we adults would let kids be who they are instead of thinking that their poor children have to conform to some standard of behavior that....who sets??...the feds of course, there would be few cases of ADHD or whatever they call it today.

What would DaVinci, Mozart, Beethoven, Bach, Einstein, Gould and many other geniouses have been able to produce if they had been drugged up by controlling parents that wanted them to be normal and 'fit in'.....

claps

Or for that matter, the persons who dreamed up the pyramids. A statue of pure genius as the pyramids out-lived the egos of the designers. To be so without ego that you would create something of pure love that you would not contaminate it with your name attatched to it, that must have seems like either sheer madness or pure madness. Either way, the pharoahs took advantage of it.

BTW, did you know that Freud said that the ego is the root of all anxiety. What is Attention Deficit Disorder if not a case of severe anxiety? Possibly a creative active mind instead, curious about the world around it?

Fyrefly1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And Rembrandt, as well! Smile

Quote:
BTW, did you know that Freud said that the ego is the root of all anxiety. What is Attention Deficit Disorder if not a case of severe anxiety? Possibly a creative active mind instead, curious about the world around it?

And what causes a case of severe anxiety?

In a child it's not being confident that mom and dad love them for who they are...

The kid's ego would be completely confused, wouldn't it?
aeroplane

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fyrefly1 wrote:
And Rembrandt, as well! Smile

Quote:

And what causes a case of severe anxiety?

In a child it's not being confident that mom and dad love them for who they are...

The kid's ego would be completely confused, wouldn't it?

Yeah... Life is just one big trip, baby. That's why I posted that seemingly confusing, yet highly provocative stuff. Cool Yeah.

(The sound of a hand SMACKING the side of aero's face, waking him from his hippy dream. He looks around dumbfounded.)

Huh? I was just saying that I agree. Laughing

Don Quixote

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well

i own shares in the pharmacuetical corporations and i am quite glad people are stupid enough to dose their kids full of powerful , mind altering drugs.my shares have jumped 20 banana's or whatever they are called.yipee.i am rich.keep up the good work folks.

nobody was ever mad untill the invented psychiatry and psycoanalysis.and who is it that promulgates this myth of sanity and insanity ? the same sort of people who invented the mythe of race superiority and inferiority . the same sort of people who invented mythes like eugenics . the same sort of people who think it is ok to carpet bomb mud hut villages.

the next time you meet a psychiatrist ask him to define insanity

he will tell you that the only working definition of insanity is "a failure to destiguish between reality and fantasy."

he will also say that if you took any thought from any human at random you could prove it was the product of an insane mind.

now ask that psychiatrist to define sanity.

there is no definition of sanity.

of course the case involving actual physical damage to the brain is different.

the answere is to stop feeding our children shit food full of crap because we are too damn lazy to give them proper food.

and ignore those psyco-bullshit peddlars who are the sort of charlatans we should be running out of town , not listening to.

i started studying pschology and suddenly decided it was all a lot of horse shit . on the whole , i still think it was the right decision.

sorry if my extreemism offends , but hey , i am crazy. ; - )

PEACE AND RESPECT TO YOU ALL.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Health and Food issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: