THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index
Ireland: Majority want cannabis legalised

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Legislation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ferre
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:38 pm    Post subject: Ireland: Majority want cannabis legalised Reply with quote

Quote:
Majority want cannabis legalised

[Posted: Mon 06/02/2006]

More than two-thirds of people now believe that cannabis should be legalised, either for medicinal purposes only, or generally, for everyone over the age of 18.

We asked our readers whether they thought cannabis should be legalised in Ireland.

Thirty-six per cent said they thought it should be, but for medicinal purposes only, while 36% said the drug should be legalised for everyone over 18.

Twenty-five per cent said cannabis should not be legalised under any circumstances, while 3% said they were unsure.

With reports in recent weeks that the Government may in future liberalise the laws on possession of cannabis, a recent survey showed that 17% of the population of the 32 counties has used cannabis at one stage in their lives.

While use of cannabis medicinally is felt to benefit conditions such as chronic pain, there have also been reports that prolonged use of cannabis can cause schizophrenia in some people.

See the full poll results and debate on the issue at...

http://www.irishhealth.com/poll.html?pollid=304

Source:
http://www.irishhealth.com/?level=4&id=8945

I hereby declare Peace on war!
█ Please read the Board Rules and Posting, and you
Radio Free Amsterdam
People who know truth, speak truth.
Those who don't, quote scriptures.
roney
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

intersting story. btw there is an event happenig in Dublin on the 6th May to promote freedom to use the herb in Marlay Park.
its only in the planning stages yet but are trying to organise something for the day.
anyoe got any idea about what works well at these eevnts. what does not work so well??

any suggestions are welcome. the ususal face painters, jugglers, music is being organise and speeches etc.
but i was just wondering if anyone had any good or bad stories from personal experience. i used to go to the Legalise It raves in Amstrdam - now they were the business!!

thaks Very Happy
Psalm 104:14
Ferre

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My tip;

As one of the organisors of the Legalize! streetraves in Amsterdam, during the years I found that it's important for the general cause to avoid 'stereo types'.

Try and make that event as 'mainstream' as possible, meaning that it is important to do things that attracts not only 'potheads' but also people who are not hippy-ish.

Make the event attractive for everyone.

I hereby declare Peace on war!
█ Please read the Board Rules and Posting, and you
Radio Free Amsterdam
People who know truth, speak truth.
Those who don't, quote scriptures.
RogerChristie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:26 am    Post subject: What's your Constitution say? Reply with quote

Hello roney, Ferre and friends,

Aloha. I'd love to join you one day in Ireland as my family roots are 75% Irish. I want to bring the THC Minstry there as a coming-home present to my family tree.

What works for me in all situations are good manners and respect for our opponents, and to use the Constitution. It guarantees in writing peaceful assembly for redress of grievances, religious freedom, free speech, etc., etc. I hold it up for the cops to see. What does the Irish Constitution say? What does it protect?

I make a "courtesy call" to the Chief of Police well before the event to let him in on it and sometimes I even ask him to speak there! He always says that he's too busy on that day to speak, but to have a nice time. Right. We do!

What's your "outcome"? What do you want the press to say about the event? What's your goal?

A positive experience is really important. The statements on the posters and signs can make or break it for me. Keep it positive! Don't be daring the cops to act or arrest someone. We keep this movement going with good ideas, upbeat news and colorful, fun times. Bring the good news about hempseeds, holy anointing oil, Jesus used Cannabis and you can, too, etc., rather than the bad news of 'fuck-off pigs' and giving 'em the finger.

Ireland, it seems, really needs Cannabis liberation badly. I would think that a THC Ministry banner and flyers and plant-tags would go well there. What's your budget to spend?

All the best to you,

Roger

###
roney

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks very much for the advice - sorry in the delay in getting back but ALL sorts been going on recently....sometimes we struggle. but as long as we get up again...
Very Happy Very Happy

i though i might print off some literature from here to hand out if that is alright Ferre?
i'd love to set up a video room showing the new 'annointing' movie!! that would be ire!
and i thought it would be good to have some annoiting oil to allow others to annoint themselves .
i will bring the literature i have from the thc ministry along anyway.

but little time and lots happening. we'll do our best.
would love to have you over here Roger . I can promise you a place to lay your head for free anytime you want to visit. we love only 30 mins from the airport so feel free to come over any time you like Very Happy

thanks all. i'll let you know how it goes.

peacein da valley

a saint is a sinner who doesn't give up'
roney

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roger funny that you mention that Ireland needs cannabis liberalisation badly cos the figures show that youth here in Ireland smoke use more cannabis than most in europe!!
our youth are crying out for God in the herb!! they need to be free Very Happy
(sure we drink more as well...a wise man described alcoholism as a thirst for God)

they will get there. in the end. love will do it Very Happy
RogerChristie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:57 pm    Post subject: What airport? Reply with quote

roney wrote, "would love to have you over here Roger . I can promise you a place to lay your head for free anytime you want to visit. we love only 30 mins from the airport..."

Hello roney,

Aloha. I appreciate your invitation and plan on taking you up on it some fine day. Exactly what airport do you live near? I'm making plans in my head right now. :-}

All the best to you,

Roger

###
roney

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why I live in the fair city of Dublin. only 30 mins from Dublin airport. I'd love to see you here!

Very Happy peace all
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Legislation All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: