THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index
Inventor of LSD died aged 102

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> General news topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David
Bard
Bard

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 7:32 pm    Post subject: Inventor of LSD died aged 102 Reply with quote

LSD inventor takes last trip
Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Hofman had the first 'bad trip' The Swiss chemist who discovered the hallucinogenic drug LSD has died aged 102.

Albert Hofmann, who advocated the medicinal properties of the drug he called his 'problem child', died from a heart attack at his home in Basel, Switzerland.

Hofmann discovered LSD - which later became the favoured drug of the 1960s counter-culture - when a tiny quantity leaked on to his hand during a laboratory experiment in 1943.

He noted a 'remarkable restlessness, combined with slight dizziness' that made him stop his work.

He said: 'At home I lay down and sank into a not unpleasant intoxication-like condition, characterised by an extremely stimulated imagination.

'In a dreamlike state, with eyes closed (I found the daylight too unpleasantly glaring), I perceived an uninterrupted stream of fantastic pictures, extraordinary shapes with intense, kaleidoscopic play of colours,' he wrote in his book LSD - My Problem Child.

A few days later Hofmann intentionally took a 250-milligram dose of LSD and experienced the world's first 'bad trip'.

He described his feelings, saying: 'Everything in my field of vision wavered and was distorted as if seen in a curved mirror.

'My surroundings had now transformed themselves in more terrifying ways. Everything in the room spun around, and the familiar objects and pieces of furniture assumed grotesque, threatening forms.

'The lady next door, whom I scarcely recognized, brought me milk - in the course of the evening I drank more than two litre.

'She was no longer Mrs. R., but rather a malevolent, insidious witch with a coloured mask.'

The former Harvard lecturer Timothy Leary popularised LSD with his 'turn on, tune in, drop out' advice in the 1960s, but Hofmann believed the substance was hijacked and abused by the hippy movement and maintained he produced it as a medicine.

Hofmann hoped LSD could be used to treat illnesses such as schizophrenia. He defended his 'wonder drug' for decades after it was banned in the 1960s.
Brother Adam
Cannabis Sacrament Minister
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...and he lasted to 102!!!! Take that conventional medicine. First man ever to eat acid outlives most health nuts eh? Laughing

“Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives.”

-James Madison

Police officers acquitted for beating a 64 yr old man recently in New Orleans. In the words of their defense attorney "all he had to do was comply"....and they wouldn't have fractured his face.
David
Bard
Bard

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drop a tab of acid everyday and you'll reach over 100, sounds good to me Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> General news topics All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: