THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index
In my opinion...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Questions and faqs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
izzy2000ad
getting into high spirits
getting into high spirits

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 7:00 pm    Post subject: In my opinion... Reply with quote

From what I gather there are three primary uses of cannabis in religion

1. Christining oil

2. Inscense for mass

3. Inhaled as a meditation aid

would you agree and what are the others
Grannymouse
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Zoroastrianism, Haoma has deep significance. Haoma is found there as a plant, an 'angel'/deity, and as the drink(libations). My understanding of the scriptures and the 'mythology' that surrounds it, is that it is associated with 'creation' and that it is also found at 'the end' times. The end times really does not exactly 'read' the same as the Xian 'apocolyse', as in the Zoroastrian 'end', a new beginning can arise from the chaos. Haoma is found to be celebrated (in some circles) on the last day of the month, although seeing the old 'out', it also sees in the 'new'. But there is much much more to it than i have time or energy to write about here.

There is the baresma and the baresman to consider. Haoma is associated with long life, and keeping death far away. It 'teacheth, direct', so that no high and mighty priests are needed to 'interpret' the 'Creator's will'. It was especially appreciated by the warrior class, used as libation prior to going into battle. (I am assuming it was good for the spiritual and emotional state, but as well for helping the achy battle pains, too)

If you have not read the Hom Yasht, that is a good place to learn a little more about marijuana in religion. Keep in mind, that in this yasht, there is a 'narrator' who calls for Haoma to do a lot of damage to his enemies, spouting requests that Haoma smite this and that, but if you keep going, Haoma answers, saying the He is never a 'head smiter' and that those who use Haoma for evil intent or use it wrongly, that person brings trouble upon himself...the trouble being that Hoama will not give that person certain rewards.

We 'Neo-Zoroastrians' are interested in finding the spiritual meanings and importance and relevance of the 'origins' of what the present day Zoroastrians practice. Much of what the Judeo-Xian sects practice today, is highly influenced by the Zoroastrian/Mazda/Magian tenets.

There are also some good Shamanic sites, that may help you in your search.
Mystic Power
admin THC-Ministry YahooGroup

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The end times really does not exactly 'read' the same as the Xian 'apocolyse', as in the Zoroastrian 'end', a new beginning can arise from the chaos

This is the central theme to many forms of end-times myth, including the Mayan and the xtian "new heaven and new earth."

Apocalypse, itself, simply means 'the revealing' -- which I interpret as resulting in an evolution in consciousness which exceeds even the discovery of agriculture, the age of reason and the industrial revolution.

Follow Your Bliss,
Ben

"In Lak'ech"
~ Ancient Mayan: "I am another YOU." ~
prntrkmt

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 1:30 am    Post subject: Re: In my opinion... Reply with quote

izzy2000ad wrote:
From what I gather there are three primary uses of cannabis in religion

1. Christining oil

2. Inscense for mass

3. Inhaled as a meditation aid

would you agree and what are the others

See a list at: http://www.prntrkmt.org/cannabis/cannabisreligion.html

Quick summary: prayer, annointings, celebration, communing with the divine, dance and music, enlightenment, fire baptism, initiation, magick, maintaining balance, medicinal, mysticism, nutrition, sacrament, and sacred sexuality.
scooby doobie doo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject: Zoroastrianism Reply with quote

thats some deep, far out shit right there! but groovy tho Wink
Mystic Power

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
thats some deep, far out shit right there!

Laughing

Welcome to the deep, far out world of Cannabis shamanism.

Follow Your Bliss.

"In Lak'ech"
~ Ancient Mayan: "I am another YOU." ~
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Questions and faqs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: