THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index
Improved PTSS (Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Testimonials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aeroplane
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:30 pm    Post subject: Improved PTSS (Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome) Reply with quote

I hope this post can help others. Most of my adult life I have struggled with PTSS (Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome) after a childhood of trauma. The symptoms of PTSS can take on many forms. My worst symptoms manifested as insomnia, irritability, and anger. Along with therapy, I was given SSRI's (Selective Serotonin Re-uptake Inhibitors) with disasterous results. I was not only unable to sleep, but I spent most of my days and nights in a state of rage. After several failed attempts with prescription drugs like Paxil, my doctor took me off and agreed to allow me to try pot on my own.

The results were immediate. Not only am I calmer and able to sleep, but my therapist says I've moved years forward in my therapy. Rather than being overly self-critisizing as I had been, or oblivious as many prescription drugs can make one, with THC I am able to step outside of the ego-game and be more objective.

With so many medical, biological, and ethical uses for THC, doesn't it make sense to legalize it in all forms? If our governments and the pharmceutical companies were truly interested in our health, then wouldn't they honestly consider legalizing better alternatives, even natural alternatives to the drugs designed to have such highly addictive qualities only for the sake of profit?

US President Jimmy Carter
Mystic Power
admin THC-Ministry YahooGroup
admin THC-Ministry YahooGroup

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If our governments and the pharmceutical companies were truly interested in our health, then wouldn't they honestly consider legalizing better alternatives, even natural alternatives to the drugs designed to have such highly addictive qualities only for the sake of profit?

Yes. If they were truly interested in our health.

Bliss,
Ben

"In Lak'ech"
~ Ancient Mayan: "I am another YOU." ~
shaudes

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the recent articel in scientific america backs up the medical benifits of canibus by helping us forget what makes us scared. ie. posably helping with PTSS in a permanent way not just while your using it.

http://216.38.192.68/join_today/index.html
the best space sim ever IMHO
Fyrefly1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The hypocrisy the drug companies (along with our dear leaders) show is proof enough they don't really care about people and their suffering.

Abbott Labs is one drug company that does care...at least more than the others...

Joe
aeroplane

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaudes, that's interesting. Do you have a link for this?
Quote:
...recent articel in scientific america backs up the medical benifits of canibus by helping us forget what makes us scared.

US President Jimmy Carter
shaudes

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heres teh taopic i started about it.

http://www.thc-ministry.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3445

thear is a link to the scientific americas web site related to the articel, but it looks like its $8 to download the entier magazine. Less than that is yor interested in just 1 articel.

the studdy basicly was sesitizing mice to asosiat a sound with pain, an electrical shock, and a noise at the same time. then when the nois was maid the mice reacted in anticipation of the shock that did not follow. Mice that laked the rc1 (canaboid) eceptor always reacted in anticipation of the shock. the normal mice eventualy forgot to asosiat the sound with being shoked.

The next step would be to repet the test adding in a group of mice that are given canibus and see if thay recover faster from the conditinoing.

Personaly if you are taking canibus and then put aroud a situation that trigers your PTSS it may help teh PTSS go away faster. I am not shure thou. My wife suffers from it related to child hood problems, and we have noticed her having less problems with the issues that efected her.

http://216.38.192.68/join_today/index.html
the best space sim ever IMHO
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Testimonials All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: