THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index
AustraliaBasqueBulgariaCanadaChinaEgyptFranceGreeceIcelandIndiaIndonesiaIrelandJamaicaJapanJordanLatviaMexicoNetherlandsNew Zealand
NorwaySpainPakistanLebanonPeruPolandPeurto RicoRomaniaRussiaSingaporeSouth AfricaSudanSwedenThailandTurkeyUnited KingdomUSAUzbekistan
ID CARDS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> General news topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Echo
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 10:37 pm    Post subject: ID CARDS Reply with quote

Following the events of September the 11 there's been growing pressure to introduce a scheme of compulsory ID cards. If you live in the United States, United Kingdom, the Philippines, or the Netherlands you are likely to have heard of it. It's a little price we need to pay (they say) to overcome terrorism. Or is it?

I live in the UK where our Home Minister David Blunkett claims that street examination of documents will decrese crime rate. I also come from a country, Italy, where street examination of documents is something we have inherited from our fascist predecessors, still crime is doing well. According to some supposedly well informed guys there would be an 80% public support for the ID scheme in the UK. I am not so sure though, because when talking to friends, collegues and children (yes, children too) I cannot find one person who agrees with it. Am I talking to the wrong people?

In the UK the ID scheme should become effective from the year 2013. We'll have our finger prints and iris maps taken. We'll also have a number assigned to us. And a pic with our best smile on of course.

Is this what we want?

Privacy International fights this unnecessary invasion of privacy. Check their site out and see how you can help to stop this madness. At least we can try to oppose it, not sure we'll make it, but if we don't even try we'll be walking around with finger prints and iris maps in our pockets far too soon. Also follow this link and post your comments. Thank you.

Echo

Ferre
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it's only one step in their way up to the New Fascist World Order. There's much more going on, stuff they don't want us to know about!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Echo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's scary Confused

Echo

indicaspice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They want to do the same thing in Canada just for immigrants though.
Sounds a little like having to wear a yellow star during world war II doesn't it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> General news topics All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: