THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index
I need facts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Hemp food, clothes, fuel, fibers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
malloryjade
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow , Thanks for the analogy Hemp Guy. Your post comes across in a negative light ,I'm sure you could rephrase or educate us without the condescending tone.
Hemp Guy
getting into high spirits

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, is this better?
Cannabis seeds are way more expensive then other oil seeds, it makes no economic sense to use hemp seeds to make a product that can be made with other much cheaper oil seeds.
I guess I just get tired of the same old myths being published over and over again and the people that should know better repeating them.

-Hemp Guy

maloryjade,
Do you really think you should be advising people about what is or is not a negative post? Maybe you should re-read some of yours, like below.

"I never expected for you to say that I'm a pussy .Shows what a child you are and how your caught up emotionally in your stupid bullshit so called bust. Did it ever occur to your feeble uneducated ass that We are old enough for some of us to be your parents and have lived some life unlike yourself. Fuck off kid and learn how to spell sacrament. As uneducated as you are the way you run your ignorant mouth your sure to get fucked in court. I get so sick of people whining when they get busted. if you can't do the time don't do the so called crime. David had something to bitch about His whole life has been fucked up then you come along nothing to lose compared to him and bitch. Fuck you KLOWNS You stupid arrogant kid. This is a war you need to be wise enough to know which battles to fight. boo hoo you were violated my heart bleeds for you."
Brother Adam

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are cannabis seeds more expensive, because it's illegal?? They cost about the same to produce, and extracting the oil is no harder than any other crop. In fact, cannabis grows so easily and produces so well, I'm surprised to hear it's not a viable oil seed. Keep in mind though that as far as nutrition goes, you will not find a better seed.

“Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives.”

-James Madison

Police officers acquitted for beating a 64 yr old man recently in New Orleans. In the words of their defense attorney "all he had to do was comply"....and they wouldn't have fractured his face.
Hemp Guy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:12 pm    Post subject: HEMP SEEDS & OIL Reply with quote

Yes for human nutrition it is great. But as for the cost to make a fuel oil from Hemp seed the economics do not make sense. And by the way Cannabis seed is not illegal in France, Canada, Australia, UK, Germany, Holland as well as dozens of other countries that produce industrial hemp and seeds, all legally. The problem is that while traditional hemp seed yields are about 1 ton per acre, and yield maybe 25% oil by weight, other oil seeds produce much more oil per acre. By a factor of several times. This coupled with the fact that the hemp seeds have a high price relative to the other oil seeds then the simple fact is hemp seed oil for Bio-fuel just does not make sense at all.
For example Canola can yield 3-4 times the oil per acre that Hemp yields. So do lots of other oil seeds. You need to read other books or articles on the subject besides Jack Herer's book which is full of errors.

-Hemp Guy
Ferre
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hemp Guy, you are right about some other crops' yield compared to hemp oil, however, hemp DOES grow on places which are not suited for those other crops. Large parts of this planet are not suited for agricultural food crops including canola, rapeseed and other oil producing crops but Hemp grows well in these parts, I think of large parts of Africa for example. Apart from that, Hemp doesn't need the insecticides and other chemicals which are used in rapeseed and other oil crops which I see being sprayed regularly.

Not to mention he problems which come with those canola and other crops used for oil like corn, because of genetically modifying and such to make them resistant to the pesticides marketed by the same companies that sell the seeds. (Monsanto, anyone?)

From Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canola
Wikipedia wrote:
Genetically modified canola which is resistant to herbicide was first introduced to Canada in 1995. Today 80% of the acreage of canola is sown with genetically modified canola.[16]

Contamination of conventional canola crops from neighbouring genetically engineered fields has been a serious problem for Canadian canola farmers. It is very difficult for farmers to grow non-GM crops because of the frequent contamination.

The most high-profile case of contamination is Monsanto Canada Inc. v. Schmeiser, where Monsanto sued Percy Schmeiser for patent infringement because his field was contaminated with Monsanto's patented Roundup Ready glyphosate tolerant canola. The supreme court ruled that Percy was in violation of Monsanto's patent because the crops were growing on his land, but he was not required to pay Monsanto damages since he did not benefit financially from its presence.[17] On March 19, 2008, Schmeiser and Monsanto Canada Inc came to an out of court settlement whereby Monsanto will pay for the clean-up costs of the contamination which came to a total of $660 Canadian. Also part of the agreement was that there was no gag-order on the settlement and that Monsanto could be sued again if any further contamination occurred.[18]

No such shit with weed.

I won't argue with the fact that here are crops that yield more oil but I do think that Hemp can be used there where food crops can not, and not only for the oil but also all other uses, specially for building materials and paper. Hemp production on a wide scale could ease the pressure on our forests for these purposes.

I hereby declare Peace on war!
█ Please read the Board Rules and Posting, and you
Radio Free Amsterdam
People who know truth, speak truth.
Those who don't, quote scriptures.
Hemp Guy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:54 pm    Post subject: Hemp Reply with quote

The only problem with hemp growing in places that other crops wont grow is the yields are fucking terrible, that will not make competitive crops of anything.
Hemp grows best in fertile irrigated land.
I know as I have grown hemp many times, in many places.
Canola does not have to be GM. If Cannabis was legal I am sure someone would make GM Cannabis, that does not mean I want to grow it, I will not.
Hemp can help, but to be honest it is not any kind of a cure all.
-Hemp Guy
malloryjade

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roflol So good to have you here. Please regale me with more of your educational posts.
Stokes

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We really don't know the kind of 'cure-all' hemp could actually be until being given the economic/legal freedom to mass produce it on an international scale. Remember, 100 or 200 years ago it was so desirable and useful that it was used as currency, that's got to say something about it's value as an overall crop.

It seems to me that the illegality and stigma associated with hemp farming worldwide are the biggest obstacles of both availability, and thus price, everywhere on earth ... except maybe in the areas right where it's grown widely, which are probably few.

If hemp were grown as widely as corn or soybean are in the U.S. we all would have a wealth of products available to us at extremely affordable costs. Instead, we pay many of our farmer not to grow anything in order to manipulate the markets here in the U.S.

The screwed up laws, greed, and the continued prohibition of the plant are the real problems that create the price problem you are focused on, HempGuy.

But they're slowly making progress in some places.

And I love the idea of mass production in parts of the world where people are starving, as Ferre suggests. Hungry Africans and others could easily learn to grow hemp and feed their people the way it used to happen for centuries ... eliminating hunger, poverty, and disease.

Stokes

Where love is, there God is also.

-Mahatma Gandhi
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Hemp food, clothes, fuel, fibers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: