THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index
I need facts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Hemp food, clothes, fuel, fibers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
IntrepidEZJ
Cannabis Sacrament Minister
Cannabis Sacrament Minister


Joined: 19 Mar 2006
Posts: 381

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appreciate the responses, but one thing still nips at me that I don't feel has been effectively answered.

Why are other countries not jumping on this market?

Are there individuals out there jumping on this?

Companies? People?

If this is such a great thing, and much better than regular oil, why are we not doing it?

I realize in the United States, we have the laws.

What about the more progressive countries?

And why is Jack Herer always everyone's source?

I enjoy Jack Herer, but it seems like many on the internet quote him, and him alone, on this type of discussion.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
prntrkmt
Cannabis Sacrament Minister
Cannabis Sacrament Minister


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 515
Location: southern California

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ferre wrote:
I think there's a misconception going on about the Hemp and those countries that do not prohibit the cultivation.

The misconception is that the question asked here assumes that the governments of those countries decide what products are made with this hemp. Governments do not do that.


Different varieties of hemp produce different hemp products of differing quality.

The hemp that is best for cloth is horrible for seed oil. Hemp that is best for seed oil is horrible for medicinal cannabis. Hemp that is best for making plastic (the first plastics were made from hemp rather than from petroleum) is horrible for nutrition.

At the moment hemp for fuel is the least valuable use for hemp. This may change as fuel prices rise.

Hemp is one of the sturdiest plants around. It is possible to grow hemp on land that is so marginal that it can't be used for any other agricultural product.

Jack Herer pointed out that using a small percentage (I don't recall the exact numbers) of America's marginal land (land that can't be used for any or for few other agricultural purposes) would provide enough energy to meet ALL of the U.S's energy needs.

For more information on hemp as biofuel see http://www.digitalhemp.com/hemp/html/emp/aa/ech19.htm

Jack Herer has a $100,000 challenge. Various different groups have put up a total of $100,000 to anyone who can disprove Jack's challenge:

"If all fossil fuels and their derivatives, as well as trees for paper and construction were banned in order to save the planet, reverse the Greenhouse Effect, and stop deforestation; Then there is only one known annually renewable natural resource that is capable of providing the overall majority of the world's paper and textiles; meet all of the world's transportation, industrial, and home energy needs, while simultaneously reducing pollution, rebuilding the soil, and cleaning the atmosphere all at the same time… And that substance is—the same one that did it all before—Cannabis Hemp…Marijuana!"
_________________
http://www.prntrkmt.org/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
prntrkmt
Cannabis Sacrament Minister
Cannabis Sacrament Minister


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 515
Location: southern California

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

QuesterTheJester wrote:
Ok here is a fact. Henry Ford ran his first automobiles on hemp fuel. He didn't like Gasoline. Said it was to combustive and anybody using it was a fool. Also Hemp fuel is like a diesel so you would have to convert you engine. I don’t know the process to make fuel out of the oil but I imagine you would need a lot of damn seeds as that’s where the oil is. Would it be cheap? No. It would be better for the ecosystem and IS RENEWABLE. Other than suggesting googleing it, that’s about it. Hope this helps.


See http://www.digitalhemp.com/hemp/html/emp/aa/append7.htm from Jack Herer's book.
_________________
http://www.prntrkmt.org/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
prntrkmt
Cannabis Sacrament Minister
Cannabis Sacrament Minister


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 515
Location: southern California

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:
DJ,

Man there are more deserts in the world than arable land. we need to convert these deserts, but all the time we pull out the oil the deserts are getting larger. the conversion of this evil oil must be done with great thought if we were just to stop using oil we may cause our own extinction.


Desertification can only be changed by changes in climate.

While the ancient Egyptians, Persians, and a few select other peoples did some amazing things with small areas of desert, these changes were all temporary and high maintenance.

The Sahara is *still* growing. Just 10,000 years ago this was a wet area that supported the first large scale human civilization. Just 2,000 years ago the Romans were still crossing the Sahara with ox carts and horse drawn carts. In just the last few decades the Sahara has spread into lands that recently supported millions of humans.
_________________
http://www.prntrkmt.org/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
prntrkmt
Cannabis Sacrament Minister
Cannabis Sacrament Minister


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 515
Location: southern California

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rev. Adam wrote:
I'm afraid peak oil and global warming are looking more and more like scams to control the masses every day. Neither can be fully scientifically substantiated, especially global warming. I actually started to believe both for a short time. Thank god for an open mind.

That doesn't mean we shouldn't be looking for alternative fuel sources. We can't breath the fumes we put off forever, so a more environmentally friendly approach is necessary. We need clean water and clean air to survive, so these topics are valid, but I would not be so quick to fall prey to the global warming/peak oil scares. However, we should also be looking at the motives behind these two topics very closely.


There is no doubt that there has been a very fast and unambigious large rise in the earth's global average temperature.

There is no longer any doubt that humans are the unambigious cause of this massive change.

There is still active scientific debate as to whether humans can still mitigate some of the effects.

Numerous leading scientific vioces, including Stephen Hawking, are argueing that it is too late to stop a runaway greenhouse effect, leading to Venus-like conditions, where the surface of the earth willl have temperatures of thousands of degrees, high enough to melt rock.

Hawking and other leading scientists are strongly urging that we immediately start moving all of humanity to Mars before earth degrades to the point where it can no longer support such a large scale industrial effort.

I sincerely hope that Hawking is wrong, but I do realize that the earth is going to have such severe climate change that in a hundred years it will be impossible for our offspring to enjoy the paradise we know now. And that's the best case optimistic view.

Please check out the science on the subject of global climate change (global warming describes just one very small portion of the total science).

This is serious.

Should I raise the subject of colony collapse disorder?

Am I straying too far from the subject of cannabis hemp to mention one half of all bees have disappeared from North America and Europe in the last 100 years and that one quarter of all bees have disappeared from North America in the last six months.

More than 80% of our food supply requires bees for pollenation. Requires. Without bees, 80% of our food supply simply goes extinct and disappears from the face of the earth forever.

Albert Einstein pointed out that humanity can only survive for about four years after the disappearance of the last bee. As in extinct. Gone forever. No more of us left.

Colony Collapse Disorder is spreading rapidly and the causes are still not scientifically confirmed. The latest research shows it likely to be a combination of causes, including microwave radiation from cell phone towers, build-up of toxic pollutants (especially in the water supply), and a microbe the first ravaged Europe a few years ago.

In Western U.S. states with a high concentration of cell phone usage, 60% of all bees have disappeared because of Colony Collapse Disorder.

Are Americans willing to give up their cell phones in order to survive? Or will they continue to commit mass suicide until all the bees are gone and humans start dying off in large numbers and it is way too late to save any of us?
_________________
http://www.prntrkmt.org/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
prntrkmt
Cannabis Sacrament Minister
Cannabis Sacrament Minister


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 515
Location: southern California

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:
Radio, as you may well know, there are lots of food sorces on this planet that we turn our noses up at, because we are ignorant and wasteful, and they are on our door step, we will have to eat them again one day.


While we can get the four macronutrients (water, carbohydrates, proteins, and fats) from a wide variety of plants (heck, hemp seed meal combined with hemp seed oil will give us the four macronutrients), there are a huge number of essential micronutrients that are ONLY available from flowering plants that require bees for pollination.
_________________
http://www.prntrkmt.org/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
David
Bard
Bard


Joined: 28 Sep 2003
Posts: 1188

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No sorry Prntrkmt,

You have to look into the aztecs and incas for farming land, they had it sussed. They reckon if we all adopted their method of farming there would be no deserts. The programme I watched blew my mind. And we killed those little intelligent amazon indians, and it don't stop there, we are digging up their ancient fields for cattle land and their knowledge will be lost for ever Evil or Very Mad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
prntrkmt
Cannabis Sacrament Minister
Cannabis Sacrament Minister


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 515
Location: southern California

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IntrepidEZJ wrote:
And why is Jack Herer always everyone's source?

I enjoy Jack Herer, but it seems like many on the internet quote him, and him alone, on this type of discussion.


Simply because Jack Herer was the first person since the 1950s to fully document the major uses of cannabis hemp.

He did such a good job of gathering together the essential information that all other writers on the subject are either simply rewording Jack's research or (in some cases) delving into a single topic with more detail.

And while almost all of the other writers have carefully guarded and protected their copyright, Jack has made his information available in full (other than some of the appendix items) on his website ( JackHerer.com -- has a stripped down text only version ) and on my website ( DigitalHemp.com -- has a version with most of the pictures ). And if someone wants to retype or scan the missing appendix data, I have permission to post that stuff too.

Jack still retains his copyright, and his paper book keeps selling out editions, despite making the entire book available online for free.
_________________
http://www.prntrkmt.org/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
prntrkmt
Cannabis Sacrament Minister
Cannabis Sacrament Minister


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 515
Location: southern California

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:
No sorry Prntrkmt,

You have to look into the aztecs and incas for farming land, they had it sussed. They reckon if we all adopted their method of farming there would be no deserts. The programme I watched blew my mind. And we killed those little intelligent amazon indians, and it don't stop there, we are digging up their ancient fields for cattle land and their knowledge will be lost for ever Evil or Very Mad


Don't underestimate the accomplishments of the ancient Egyptians and the ancient Persians and the Mughal Empire.

The Persian Empire was built on being able to take lands that no other humans could use and turn them into farms and cities. But they did NOT do this with true desert -- only with near desert.

The ancient Egyptians built canals across hundreds of miles of desert (far longer than any canal of modern times). The longest of these canals was kept open for centuries. The modern Egyptian government has estimated that construction costs would be too high today and that even if they could get it built, they simply couldn't keep the sand from closing it back up in less than a decade.

The ancient Egyptians also built the world's largest garden (which I have mentioned here before in the context of sacred gardens) -- larger than the State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations. This garden was also maintained for centuries.

But the great Egyptian desert building was still subject to inevitably being overwhelmed by the expanding Sahara desert. Lands southeast of the 1st Cataract that at one time were a major urban area are now mostly desert.

Although we can do some amazing things at the edges of desert, we cannot stop the expansion of desert.
_________________
http://www.prntrkmt.org/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
David
Bard
Bard


Joined: 28 Sep 2003
Posts: 1188

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, sorry the Egyptians never built the pyramids and canels, this was organised by others.
I have been to Cario and when it rains the whole city comes to a stand still because they don't want to get their cars dirty. Can you believe they try to push the rain water up hill. dunno

When Itravel I mix with the natives, I can't stand package holidays. I sat down to many muslim dinners and saw and heard some hilarious things.

I would not be surprised if the modern Egyptians don't wipe theirselves out. roflol

Prntrkmt, please don't take anything I have written personally, I am not trying to insult you, I respect you highly. And your knowledge is just something I could only wish for.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
prntrkmt
Cannabis Sacrament Minister
Cannabis Sacrament Minister


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 515
Location: southern California

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:
No, sorry the Egyptians never built the pyramids and canels, this was organised by others.
I have been to Cario and when it rains the whole city comes to a stand still because they don't want to get their cars dirty. Can you believe they try to push the rain water up hill. dunno

When Itravel I mix with the natives, I can't stand package holidays. I sat down to many muslim dinners and saw and heard some hilarious things.

I would not be surprised if the modern Egyptians don't wipe theirselves out. roflol

Prntrkmt, please don't take anything I have written personally, I am not trying to insult you, I respect you highly. And your knowledge is just something I could only wish for.


Maybe I have a biased attitude because most of my contact with Egyptians is with archaeologists.

I might also mention that there are still a substantial number of Egyptians who still aren't Muslim -- although with the exception of a few Coptic Christian radicals, non-Islamic Egyptians tend to keep their mouths shut about not being Islamic.
_________________
http://www.prntrkmt.org/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
IntrepidEZJ
Cannabis Sacrament Minister
Cannabis Sacrament Minister


Joined: 19 Mar 2006
Posts: 381

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to believe that hemp is the best source in the world for automobile fuel.

If not, ok.

If it truly is, I just don't understand why Ferre is not hopping all over this. Smile

Green Gold!

But, in all seriousness, I'm beginning to think that maybe it is not "it", since I hear no reports from anywhere in the world of anyone using it on a large scale basis.

I realize it "can be done", but is it, or will it be cheaper, and more efficient, than what we use currently?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
DJ Druid
High and aware
High and aware


Joined: 28 Apr 2007
Posts: 19

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it doesn't seem to be the answer you are looking for, but maybe ditch the car and buy a bike, walk or take public transport. Personal cars are going to kill us, one way or another, even if Exxon has you convinced that global warming and peak oil are "conspiracies" invented by Al Gore and the "liberals".

The following could apply to any biofuel, including hemp:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/5369284.stm

Quote:
Consider the following:

* The grain required to fill the petrol tank of a Range Rover with ethanol is sufficient to feed one person per year. Assuming the petrol tank is refilled every two weeks, the amount of grain required would feed a hungry African village for a year
* Much of the fuel that Europeans use will be imported from Brazil, where the Amazon is being burned to plant more sugar and soybeans, and Southeast Asia, where oil palm plantations are destroying the rainforest habitat of orangutans and many other species. Species are dying for our driving
*The expansion of biofuels would increase monoculture farming
If ethanol is imported from the US, it will likely come from maize, which uses fossil fuels at every stage in the production process, from cultivation using fertilisers and tractors to processing and transportation. Growing maize appears to use 30% more energy than the finished fuel produces, and leaves eroded soils and polluted waters behind
* Meeting the 5.75% target would require, according to one authoritative study, a quarter of the EU's arable land
* Using ethanol rather than petrol reduces total emissions of carbon dioxide by only about 13% because of the pollution caused by the production process, and because ethanol gets only about 70% of the mileage of petrol
* Food prices are already increasing. With just 10% of the world's sugar harvest being converted to ethanol, the price of sugar has doubled; the price of palm oil has increased 15% over the past year, with a further 25% gain expected next year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
David
Bard
Bard


Joined: 28 Sep 2003
Posts: 1188

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amsterdam have allot of the answers!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Brother Adam
Cannabis Sacrament Minister
Cannabis Sacrament Minister


Joined: 04 Feb 2005
Posts: 1884

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

prntrkmt wrote:
There is no doubt that there has been a very fast and unambigious large rise in the earth's global average temperature.

There is no longer any doubt that humans are the unambigious cause of this massive change.

There is still active scientific debate as to whether humans can still mitigate some of the effects.

Numerous leading scientific vioces, including Stephen Hawking, are argueing that it is too late to stop a runaway greenhouse effect, leading to Venus-like conditions, where the surface of the earth willl have temperatures of thousands of degrees, high enough to melt rock.

Hawking and other leading scientists are strongly urging that we immediately start moving all of humanity to Mars before earth degrades to the point where it can no longer support such a large scale industrial effort.

I sincerely hope that Hawking is wrong, but I do realize that the earth is going to have such severe climate change that in a hundred years it will be impossible for our offspring to enjoy the paradise we know now. And that's the best case optimistic view.

Please check out the science on the subject of global climate change (global warming describes just one very small portion of the total science).

This is serious.

Should I raise the subject of colony collapse disorder?

Am I straying too far from the subject of cannabis hemp to mention one half of all bees have disappeared from North America and Europe in the last 100 years and that one quarter of all bees have disappeared from North America in the last six months.

More than 80% of our food supply requires bees for pollenation. Requires. Without bees, 80% of our food supply simply goes extinct and disappears from the face of the earth forever.

Albert Einstein pointed out that humanity can only survive for about four years after the disappearance of the last bee. As in extinct. Gone forever. No more of us left.

Colony Collapse Disorder is spreading rapidly and the causes are still not scientifically confirmed. The latest research shows it likely to be a combination of causes, including microwave radiation from cell phone towers, build-up of toxic pollutants (especially in the water supply), and a microbe the first ravaged Europe a few years ago.

In Western U.S. states with a high concentration of cell phone usage, 60% of all bees have disappeared because of Colony Collapse Disorder.

Are Americans willing to give up their cell phones in order to survive? Or will they continue to commit mass suicide until all the bees are gone and humans start dying off in large numbers and it is way too late to save any of us?


Damn....I'm sorry I missed this post. There are just as many scientists that say global warming is hogwash. The entire content of CO2 in the atmosphere is only 0.054% of the whole atmosphere. The amount we contribute is far, far less. Volcanoes produce more CO2 than humans, cow with methane, and decaying plant matter combined.

I promise you are being duped. Global warming coincides more closely with sunspot activity than it does with human CO2 output. Matter of factly, temperatures dropped during the industrial revolution when they should have been rising because of our CO2 output.

Just before the little ice age temperature were significantly higher than they are now, yet mankind and polar bears survived just fine.

40 years ago they were trying to convince everyone another ice age was coming.

You NEED.....you MUST see this video. http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4499562022478442170&q=great+global+warming+swindle&hl=en

See for yourself how the evidence is stacked strongly against the typical global warming theory.

BTW, just because Stephen Hawking says we should move to mars doesn't mean it's a good idea. At this point, mars can't even support life, nor do we have the technical ability to survive a trip there. Heck, we never even made it to the moon. You've got to make it past the Van Allen belts first.

Don't be fooled....
_________________
-Brother Adam (we are all one family)

“Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives.”

-James Madison

Police officers acquitted for beating a 64 yr old man recently in New Orleans. In the words of their defense attorney "all he had to do was comply"....and they wouldn't have fractured his face.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Hemp food, clothes, fuel, fibers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Public forum Public Forum Members only Members only forum Members Group Members Group

THC-Light skin designed for Amsterdam Cannabis Ministry by JuggoPop
phpBB Group | THC Ministry Members | Cannabis Religion | Sacrament | Forum html archives | Site Map | RSS Feed |
ScriptWiz.com phpbb HTML Archiver - Created by ScriptWiz.com and released by Skinz.org