THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index
How the THC-Ministry has helped me...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Testimonials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lilli
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am in Missouri bro. Invitation works both ways. Your welcome to visit us if your headed this way. TY.

I pass to you the torch that Christ once passed to me.
Others are still in the dark and need
the light to see.
"I AM"
"Gathering the fragments so that
none are lost"
His Shepherdess
http://missouri.thcministry.org/
waldo125

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

opi i understand and i am sorry wish you peace love happiness alway ,were cool mr opi
Opi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blessed be, brother.

and lili, i doubt i'll be heading down that way any time soon.... but if I do, then i'll make sure to visit you all.

Reverend Joseph Johnson
The Church of Khidr
Opi

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Update for January 22nd 2005:

I have been dealing with the Illinois Marijuana Party, NORML and the media in getting the word out about religious marijuana. Last night, I had an interview with a local tv station regarding the opening of The Church of Khidr and how we use cannabis for religious purpouses.

Today, I received a letter quoting ILCS 550, The Cannabis Act, stating that I am knowingly breaking the law. Where in truth, ILCS 550 and 570 (THE CSA) do not mention anything regarding religion.

That, and any law that forbids the use of cannabis for religious purpouses would in fact be unconstitutional; on both the state and federal level (refer to RFRA 93 SEC. 6 (a)).

To view the interview with WHOI check out http://www.pot-tv.net/archive/shows/pottvshowse-3385.html (you must have real player installed in order to watch it, if you dont... You can download it from the far right hand side).

Okay, and as far as the rest of it, in the last three days I've had three people contact me (two I've known for a while, but they weren't aware of my religious work). Now, I have three people who are willing to become ordained and start their own sanctuaries in Illinois: The more the marrier! And the most beautiful part is thus: Make sure to check out Cannabis Culture for the next few months, because they contacted me earlier regarding doing an interview! Obiously, I agreed. So, we'll see how things turn out...

Blessed be,

Rev. Joe
Rev. Chazman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its good to see you being active like this Brother. I live in central Illinois myself(Champaign-Urbana area) and am happy to see what youre doing. Another way to get the word out, that ive used here, is to contact the local student chapter of NORML or SSDP on any campus close to you. They can really help get the word out.

Every year the students here put on a Cannabis awareness festival called "Hash Wednesday". This years festival should prove to be a good one as Wednesday falls on the 20th this year. So everyones excited to see that the function will occur on 4/20/05 (420 Wink ) I plan to be out there handing out THC-Ministry flyers and the Sacrament tags I have left over from last year.

Anyway keep us posted about your progress. Im happy to see that CC magazine will be interviewing you, as I was about to write them a letter soon. Good to see they are on top of things.

Best of luck.

Peace
I praise good thoughts, good words, and good deeds and those that are to be thought, spoken, and done. I do accept all good thoughts, good words, and good deeds. I do renounce all evil thoughts, evil words, and evil deeds. ---Avesta: Yasna
---------------------------------------------------
Future Servant of Cannatopia ©2004 - ∞ Rev. Chazman all rights reserved
Opi

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, NORML is great help.. But, Ive never heard of the SSDP; who are they? Also, I was planning on dedicating march 18-24 for our own little celebration; April 23 is the day of Khidr, the patron saint of cannabis!

But now, I think we'll just host a banquet or something on the 23rd and I'll come down to champaign for 4/20. This is great! Another activity to support cannabis awareness, I'm glad to hear about it. If you don't mind, I'd like a little more information about when and where; also, if possible, who is running the event and how to contact them.

So far, I have a few different things going in IL: There's an event in Champaign/Urbana from Feb. 18-20, in March we got the Medical Marijuana March in downtown Peoria (we're going to march from the county courthouse to the Federal Courthouse, which is where we're all gonna light up), and April... We've got your event down in C/U on top of my church celebrating "The Week of Khidr," and finally... In May, we have The Chicago Hemp Fest! Wow, that's alot to prepare for...

Currently, I am trying to secure a position at all of 'em to speak; I've already been invited to speak at the MMM and up at The Chicago Hemp Fest.. Now, I just have to work something out for the other events.

"Spread the word; spread the seed!" Reverend Joe Johnson

May peace and His blessing be upon you.
Stokes

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Opi wrote:
Yeah, NORML is great help.. But, Ive never heard of the SSDP; who are they?.

Students for Sensible Drug Policy ... Check em out.

And keep speading the word, Joe.

Stokes sun

Where love is, there God is also.

-Mahatma Gandhi
Opi

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good, I'll look into it!

Peace man,

Rev. Joe
Opi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all,

I just wanted to catch people up on my situation. I had another interview with a local tv station today about religious cannabis and things went great!

And this part is good too; my interview was at 1pm yet they announced on the News at Noon that I was going to be on the nightime news!! This is pretty huge; an hour before my interview they're announcing I'm going to be on TV. Wow..

In the interview, I talked about the purpose of The Church of Khidr, our mission, how we go about things and the legal precedents; AS WELL AS announcing that we are looking for a vacant/abandoned church to make our new Home of Him. Wink

Plus, the positive feedback from the community has been astounding! Literally, all I have heard is positive feedback. I haven't gone one day without somebody stopping me and asking me about The Church and our mission. This is tremendous in our attempts to dispel ignorance!

May Him our Lord bless us all in our attempts! He sure has come to the help of our Brother, Rev. Tucker. And always remember, have Faith in His Discretion. Ahmen.

Love,
Rev. Joe
Lilli

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hallelujah!! Good going warrior!!!!The good fight marches on. hup 2 3 4

I pass to you the torch that Christ once passed to me.
Others are still in the dark and need
the light to see.
"I AM"
"Gathering the fragments so that
none are lost"
His Shepherdess
http://missouri.thcministry.org/
Mystic Power
admin THC-Ministry YahooGroup
admin THC-Ministry YahooGroup

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rev Joe...

I hope you're keeping a tape archive of your interviews...

If you happened to miss one, get in touch with the TV reporter who worked with you. She/he can get you a copy. TV News Shows archive their product for a while.

Bliss on!
Ben

"In Lak'ech"
~ Ancient Mayan: "I am another YOU." ~
rev_charlestucker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brother Rev. Joe;

"way to go, Joe"!!!!!

Like I said Brother, I'm right behind You !

"Bless You"
Rev.C.A.Tucker-Iowa. smokin
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Fyrefly1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Way to go, Joe!!!"

Keep up the Great work!

Joe
Fyrefly1
Rev. Chazman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job Brother. I will let you know more about the "Hash Wednesday" event soon. Its held on the U of I quad. Times, events & contacts soon.

One thing Brother... Are you mentioning in these interviews that there are many other Cannabis churches out there? Are you mentioning the THC-Ministry?
I think it will help for people seeing the broadcasts to know that this is a world wide recognition of Cannabis Sacrament. It helps your cause to, in that you aren’t seen as being alone in your beliefs.

Best of luck.
Peace.
I praise good thoughts, good words, and good deeds and those that are to be thought, spoken, and done. I do accept all good thoughts, good words, and good deeds. I do renounce all evil thoughts, evil words, and evil deeds. ---Avesta: Yasna
---------------------------------------------------
Future Servant of Cannatopia ©2004 - ∞ Rev. Chazman all rights reserved
pancho
getting into high spirits
getting into high spirits

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rev joe, whats up? this is your old buddy porch, i just wanted to let you know that the guys here in your old town wish you the best of luck and back your decision. weird we havent seen each other since high school yet go to the same college. id like to sit down with you sometime to discuss The Church of Khidr and i believe a few others around here as well. ill try to catch you online sometime to schedule something.

take it easy,
pancho porch
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Testimonials All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: