THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index
How the THC-Ministry has helped me...
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Testimonials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Opi
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:42 pm    Post subject: How the THC-Ministry has helped me... Reply with quote

Hello all,

I just wanted to thank the THC-Ministry for all of it's help in the last month. Not only did they help me prepare for my court case regarding "possession of cannabis," but they are also helping me out in this ordeal with my land lord coming into my home while I was gone, searching it and the one occupant (non-roomate), and then threatened me with the cops.

If it wasn't for Roger Christie, I wouldn't have been nearly as educated on religious marijuana. I thought I was educated on the law because I know a thing or two about my rights, consensual crimes, and I've been studying theology for years, and practicing (living the life) for over 3 years! Yet, how ignorant I really was, I truly had no clue. I had no evidence other then my word, my intelligence, and many documents regarding the various world religions lying around... None of this is really substantial enough to hold up in court.

Like I said, thanks to Roger and the THC-Ministry, I am an ordained minister with the ULC, run my own church, and am properly prepared to defend myself in these "blessings" and in any future instances.

THANK YOU ROGER FOR YOUR TIME AND COMPASSION TOWARDS HUMANITY!

Now, I will have the courage to fight for my rights without backing down; because, I now know what my rights truly are! What a great feeling!

Blessed be those who love Him,

Reverend Joseph Johnson
Minister of The Church of Khidr
East Peoria, IL

I dare not hide from the GOV'T; let them come bust down my door!
I'll forever be prepared since I know that He is on my side!!
waldo125

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome and good luck dove
Opi

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hola,

I just wanted to fill you in on the current situation with my land lord. The director of the property has contacted their legal consultants and started the progress. This is good. Today, I did some more research online and went up to B&N and did a little more reading up and "landlord-renter relationships." Basically, how to protect yourself (the leasee) from them.

It had a nice little section that covers discrimination quite well. This "blessing" that we were be faced with is actually quite similar to that of a sexual harassment type of law suit; except easier to prove in court, either they (the leaser) do object to my religious practices or they don't. Quite simple. Wink

As soon as I hear back from them (supposedly on Mon.); I will be able to fully run The Church of Khidr out of my residence! Right now I'm getting all setup for when they give me the green light: temple space designated, cleansed, word of mouth spreading, and soon I'll be able to grow the sacred herb in my residence! What a beatiful thing blessing He has bestowed upon us. Thank you my Lord, and you Roger Chrisite for helping dispel the rampant ignorance that plauges our society.

Sincerely,

Rev. Joe

Reverend Joseph Johnson
The Church of Khidr
Torkel

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear things are working for you, Opi. Smile

Tell me, do the police already know about your intentions of growing indoors?
Sounds like they do & the only thing in the way are your landlords.

I think most of us make things more difficult for ourselves than need to be.

Heck, having a church at home sounds like what the dr ordered, for you, me and many others.

Keep us informed with more details.

Peace,

Torkel Wink

Miranda vs Arizona (384 U.S. 436, 125): "Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no rule-making or legislation which would abrogate them."

HAGANS vs LAVINE (415 US 533 N-3,note 5): "Once JURISDICTION is challenged it must be proven by the Plaintiff."
Fyrefly1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amen.....
Opi

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, I forgot to hit Post... So here's a quick summary of what I just typed. Laughing

No, the police do not know of my intentions of growing the sacred herb in my residence for the members of my congregation. They are only aware that I am an ordained minister and that I currently run The Church of Khidr (a cannabis friendly) church out of my residence.

And, as for my land lord, he has essentially given me the green light... He just wants to make sure their isn't anything he can do about it. They have already violated my rights in a few different ways; now, hopefully they'll just drop the issue and let me spread the word of Him and teach others how to use cannabis in honor of Him.

Then again, I sorta hope they do try and evict me, then I will be able to have an issue to take to the (national) press. This would obviously be a direct violation of my religious freedom as granted to me by The Religious Reformation Act (1993), my state constitution, as well as the U.S. Constitution and the rulings by the Supreme Court. But hey, we'll see how things go... And then proceed fromt here.

Either way, there will be a beneficial outcome in the end...

Alright, I gotta go show my praise to Him,
Peace out and keep it cool.....
Rev. Joe

****SLIGHTLY FUNNY SIDE NOTE*****
This whole ordeal has given me a few good ideas; in this case, for t-shirts!
1)
FRONT: Says, "I may praise Jah, but that doesn't make me a Rasta!"
BACK: Has a white guy smoking a doob.

2)
FRONT: "Reverend Joe"
BACK: Has a pot leaf w/ a cross... Cool

I'd be busting these shirts out all the time; it'd be tight!

Reverend Joseph Johnson
The Church of Khidr
Lilli

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing
Quote:
FRONT: Says, "I may praise Jah, but that doesn't make me a Rasta!"
BACK: Has a white guy smoking a doob.

I like that idea.

I pass to you the torch that Christ once passed to me.
Others are still in the dark and need
the light to see.
"I AM"
"Gathering the fragments so that
none are lost"
His Shepherdess
http://missouri.thcministry.org/

Last edited by Lilli on Sat Jan 08, 2005 8:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Torkel

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a workable plan, Opi.

Thanks for keeping us informed. Smile

Peace & safety,

Torkel Wink

Miranda vs Arizona (384 U.S. 436, 125): "Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no rule-making or legislation which would abrogate them."

HAGANS vs LAVINE (415 US 533 N-3,note 5): "Once JURISDICTION is challenged it must be proven by the Plaintiff."
RogerChristie
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:27 am    Post subject: It's all good, except... Reply with quote

Hello Opi and all,

Aloha. Your ideas and passion and sincerity sound and feel really good, except for the pot leaf on the cross design. Please do NOT proceed with this one. The idea is to pray - and communicate - what you want, NOT what you don't want, and you do NOT want to be crucified for herb!

Get off the cross, we need the wood! :-}

I know a guy who printed that very design for court and he was crucified and put in Federal prison for it. It sends just the opposite message that we want to express.

Other than that, you're doing amazingly well with the landlord managment and your defense to prosecution. Bravo!

All the best,

Roger

###
waldo125

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

some rasta may take offence at that ,
Opi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but it would be easy to explain to a Rasta what the intent was. We all praise Jah... We just call Him by different names; which is dependant upon the society, the culture, and Time period raised in. After all, He has been called by many names throughout Time.

Besides, I do not worry about offending. I simply speak the Truth. If it hurts, then ... I'm sorry for the anguish caused, but I still feel no remorse for speaking the Truth.

Also, I do praise Jah... But, I don't claim any religious title; therefore, the shirt is correct. Cool

UPDATE!!
I've been talking to the local NORML office and they are helping me out with my court case. I'm supposed to be hearing from them sometime today about who exactly will be helping me with this case. If you have any legal complications, DO NOT FORGET TO CONTACT NORML! They are a great source of help for all of us. They too understand that religious marijuana is exempt from prohibition. With the ACLU being swamped, anyone who is dealing with a Federal Court matter should deffinently contact their NORML office.

Check http://www.norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=3433 to find your local office(s).
waldo125

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

opi you do want every you like but believe we as a rasta i would not care of you intent,also sad you dont care about offending anyone, believe me when i say good luck with your case
Opi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Waldo,

I do believe you missunderstood what I meant. Please re-read my post.

Since I am a white male and I do not follow the "traditional" path of the Rasta, I am not a rastafarian. However, I do show praise unto Him. Call Him by what name you will; I choose to call Him Jah for it brings a deep remembrance to my inner self.

When I say, "Praise Jah for His blessings!" I am speaking to the same entity you are. So, when I say that I praise Jah, but that doesn't make me a Rasta. The fact stands true.

That, and how any Rasta could be offended by that phrase is beyond me. I do not follow the traditional tenets of the Rastafari; therefore, I am not a Rasta, how could I be? Yet, you do not need to be a Rasta to show your praise to Jah... Anyone can show their praise to Him who is our Lord.

And know this, I DO NOT MEAN ANY OFFENSE, YOU SIMPLY CHOOSE TO TAKE IT OFFENSIVELY. This is not my problem; work on your Self and then you shall discover the Truth. Now, my Brother, blessed be you who shows praise unto Him.

Thank you for your time and understanding.

Sincerely,

Rev. Joe
Lilli

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understrood you Opi!! I praise Jah to but am not Rasta. I know you didnt mean any harm by what ya said. I liked that shirt idea myself.
hug

Another good one. " I know Jehovah but that dont make me a Jehovahs Wittness" Wink

I pass to you the torch that Christ once passed to me.
Others are still in the dark and need
the light to see.
"I AM"
"Gathering the fragments so that
none are lost"
His Shepherdess
http://missouri.thcministry.org/

Last edited by Lilli on Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Opi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Lili,

You are in Illinois, right? Southern, central, or northern Il?

Either I'll come visit your guys' ministry, or you all can come on out to mine. It'd be cool to sit down with people of like minds. Oddly enough, I know a lot of people who smoke.. But they dont consider it 'religious' in any form or fashion.. So, I don't ever really get to shoot the breeze about buds, religion, etc.

As I told Rich form IMP; I have no scheduled services... The Church is always open. If you're interested in checking it out, visit www.freenetco.com/index1.html to get our address (it's listed at the bottom of the page). It should also have the church's number, if I do recall correctly. Anyway, hit me up and we'll go from there. Peace out and keep it cool.

OH, AND FOR EVERYONE ELSE... I'll have an update coming soon, I'm gonna start posting once a week about this situation. Who knows, it might benefit someone else or it might just give me something to do... Either way, something constructive will be achieved. Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Testimonials All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: