THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index
hemp clothing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Hemp food, clothes, fuel, fibers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
prntrkmt
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 9:52 pm    Post subject: hemp clothing Reply with quote

I noticed that Ferre was asking in the donations section about a hemp clothing manufacturer.

You might try contacting Dave of HempStar ( at http://www.hempstar.com ). He is a long time hemp activist and the first American to legally grow hemp in the U.S. since the end of World War II.
Mystic Power
admin THC-Ministry YahooGroup

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hemp clothing and hemp products DO make a lot of sense...

...especially if we cut a deal to have our own ministry label.

Bliss,
Ben

"In Lak'ech"
~ Ancient Mayan: "I am another YOU." ~
David
Bard
Bard

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben, I like that idea.

Good quality clothing inspected by the Ministry.

Ben, there is so much we can do, but all I see us doing is reading the bible most of the time.

I keep coming up with ideas, but Ferre is to busy with his own problems, which I fully appreciate but there are lots of us just sitting here waiting for things to happen and I fear that all I am waiting for is the police to knock down my door because I typed something that was not acceptable.

NOTHING IS HAPPENING! THIS SITE IS STILL ARGUING OVER THINGS THAT ARE YEARS EVEN CENTARIES OLD LETS MOVE ON AND DO AT LEAST SOMETHING.
reverendquenzer

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah but yet you say that this is just Rogers piggy bank... make your mind up. We do need to move on. SO STOP BRINGING IT UP!!!!!!!
stefvanwijk
regular contributor
regular contributor

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 9:20 am    Post subject: Hemp cloths Reply with quote

Nice that it is brought up here. I bought some hemp cloths here in Holland. But I wonder if the consistency of the fiber can be more consistent.
Great cloths though, from very hot weather circumstances to cool, it stays comfortable. I living in these cloths. And since this is a costum made design, it is very handy too.
David
Bard
Bard

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well lets ask the ORACLE, hello, Mr Oracle.

Sorry no-one there!!!
Mystic Power

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I keep coming up with ideas, but Ferre is to busy with his own problems, which I fully appreciate but there are lots of us just sitting here waiting for things to happen

Well -- that's the damned truth.

We don't seem to be very good (yet) with getting projects off the ground. Had a hell of a time just trying to get a newsletter going, and that was basically FREE. Just zeroes and ones.

The THC Ministry Label Hemp products project is certainly worth persuing -- but that requires some operating money...

Despite my claims that I'm a STAY-AT-HOME-TROPHY-HUSBAND (which nobody buys into anyway) ... it just sounds so much better than saying my wife supports me...I'm so broke, I can't afford to pay attention.

I've been battling Social Security for my disability benefits for years, in what is basically an open and shut case.

I'm due veterans benefits, too, but that's getting to be a battle. It's more convenient for them if you just die and go away. They're keeping their fingeres crossed.

As Graham Chapman so eloquently put it: "Governments lie." Laughing

Let me think on this hemp products thing. I'd like to see each of us fund his/her own ministry -- at least a little trickle is better than nothing.

Oops. 5:30 a.m. Bed time. Laughing

Follow Your Bliss,
Ben

"In Lak'ech"
~ Ancient Mayan: "I am another YOU." ~
David
Bard
Bard

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I am a hard working, intelligent, gifted guy (even Ferre wanted to hold my hand down a gay bar alley, I said he could rub my arse if he was desperate but he lost confidence) and as I have said to Ferre, I do not mind investing in any project, but I have a family to bring up, so why should I support a load of bums.

As long as my investing money is recouped, so I can fund more projects, I will start getting projects off the ground, I have offspring that I give all my spare cash to, this is my hobby, so it comes second and should not take food from their mouths.
stefvanwijk
regular contributor
regular contributor

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if you people have experience with Hemp cloths? In Holland we say, whol trade apples, also eats them.
I looked around here, and I learned something about the Hemp sitiation. In Europe there is now a 100.000 hectare Hemp grown each year. See on hempflax.com, founded by Ben Dronkers. He invested in a factory, and came up with some interesting products.
What now is needed is to rediscover the technology. For instance how one is making a one thickness thread, out of hemp. This needs knowledge and skills, that are lost because of the cotton fascism. In Italy, tells the history, one was capable to make a quality hemp simular to silk! But I do not know if there are still people that can tell HOW?
In holland we have www.hemp-design.nl, Hempworks in Amsterdam, natuurstoffen.nl. The content of the mentioned internet addresses are in Dutch. With the people of HempDesign I spoke. Interesting though. The can live with 3 people of this business.
So, I start to act, and experience what Hemp is about. My first experiences are positive. However, I think a quality shift for basic fabrics is needed. But how to this, well ..... start to wear Hemp first of all, I guess.
David
Bard
Bard

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Hemp food, clothes, fuel, fibers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: