THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index
AustraliaBasqueBulgariaCanadaChinaEgyptFranceGreeceIcelandIndiaIndonesiaIrelandJamaicaJapanJordanLatviaMexicoNetherlandsNew Zealand
NorwaySpainPakistanLebanonPeruPolandPeurto RicoRomaniaRussiaSingaporeSouth AfricaSudanSwedenThailandTurkeyUnited KingdomUSAUzbekistan
Hating America
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Issues of war and peace
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Romadon
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 10:10 pm    Post subject: Hating America Reply with quote

I must say folks, this man O'Reilly really pisses me off at times but there are many times i can agree with him also. I will not personally endorse or disagree with any of the following quoted statements. As O'Reilly says, "You decide".

Just remember to keep it pithy. And no bloaviating, that's my job. Razz

Quote:
Hating America

Friday, July 09, 2004
By Bill O'Reilly

Hi, I'm Bill O'Reilly. Thank you for watching us tonight.

Hating America. That is the subject of this evening's "Talking Points Memo." According to a new poll, 40 percent of Canadian

teenagers think America is an evil country. Among French-Canadian teens, the number jumps to 64 percent. Those numbers can

be laid right on the doorstep of the Canadian media and government

As you may know, the FOX News Channel is not allowed in Canada, but CNN is. Fair and balanced? You decide.

The USA takes a relentless pounding from many Canadian news organizations and from the liberal government. So, what can we

expect from the kids? They're not getting a full picture. And neither is most of the world.

Increasingly, the bully America is being portrayed as the devil. And the far left in this country is gleefully piling on.

Guys like Michael Moore [are] running around the world telling everybody what a bad place America is. Moore and his enablers

should be very proud of themselves

For the benefit of the Canadian kids, let's take a look at the record:

•The foreign and defense policies of Ronald Reagan (search) resulted in the dissolution of the Soviet Union and the freeing

of approximately 122 million people in Eastern Europe.

• The state of Israel would cease to exist if not for American protection, and about 5.5 million Jews would be in grave

danger.

• Nearly 23 million Taiwanese would be denied freedom if not for American protection. More than 48 million South Koreans

would be living under a dictatorship if not for American protection. USA action led to the removal of the Serbian dictator

Milosevic (search), who was responsible for the murders of hundreds of thousands of people in the Balkans.

• The USA and Britain removed the Iraqi dictator Hussein, who was responsible for the murders of hundreds of thousands of

people in the Middle East. And we have also removed the terrorist Taliban government in Afghanistan.

• America is sending $15 billion to Africa to help victims of AIDS. We were unable to find out how much France contributes,

if anything. To be fair, Canada sends $270 million, which is substantial.

• American action in Central America, Grenada (search), and Haiti (search) has kept millions of people out of totalitarian

regimes. Of course, all of this has cost every American taxpayer big. And thousands of American servicepeople have lost

their lives protecting people overseas.

It is insulting and dishonest for Americans and Canadians and Europeans to condemn this country because they don't like

certain policies. Dissent is good. Slander is unacceptable.

The truth is that the USA has freed more human beings in 230 years than the rest of the world combined. France has freed

almost no one. Ditto Canada.

So, pardon me as I object to the Michael Moores of the world — and that man is too cowardly to come in here, all right?

Pardon me as I object to the anti-American foreign press and bums like Chirac in France and Chretien in Canada.

America has a provable history of freeing oppressed people all over the world in fighting evil dictators. Canada should be

ashamed that so many of its young people are flat out ignorant. And Americans should wise up and realize we are living in a

changing world. Old friends are not necessarily true friends.

And that's "The Memo."

>>>Fox News: Talking Points<<<

Last edited by Romadon on Wed Aug 18, 2004 1:42 pm; edited 4 times in total
Ferre
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, I'm not going there. rofl

...well, on second thought, I will only add this to the conversation:
http://www.thc-ministry.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2100

Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kytaira

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a good thing thats just the opinion of a bunch of teenagers......French teens no less...damn frenchies...LOL...j/k. I highly doubt thats the opinion of the masses. At least not mine. I have met to many a***oles from too many different countries to lay all the evil on the good ol' U S of A. LOL

Mrs. Rev. Anthony smoke1
Ferre

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This mr Bill O'Reilly sure knows how to use the same misinformation the US government likes to refere to. A little read about American history by others who are maybe a little less living in denial can add a few facts here:

Quote:
"From 1945 to the end of the century, the United States attempted to overthrow more than 40 foreign governments, and to crush more than 30 populist-nationalist movements struggling against intolerable regimes.
"In the process, the US caused the end of life for several million people, and condemned many millions more to a life of agony and despair."

– America: Rogue State by William Blum.

There's a lot, A LOT more here, ALL FACTS and detailed: http://www.doublestandards.org/enemies.htm

Or another view, from Joan Russow (PhD), that you can find here:
http://www.thc-ministry.net/forum/archive/why-do-they-hate-us-let-me-count-the-ways-1626.htm

I do not say there aint no good things done by the US government but there ought to be some balance and I have the opinion that there is a serious problem they need to solve to get that balance.

You can not commit a crime and get away with it because you are a nice person and also give a lot to the poor can you? NO ONE CAN, so why is the US government getting away with it every time?

Same with Israel, we let them commit war crimes because we feel sorry for them and we feel they deserve a state "after all that they have been trough." When does that "credit" end? When is it enough?

I grew up PRO israel and PRO America because of the things I was told and I didn't know any better then "America = Freedom", but hey, did I wake up after getting some real facts. The first few years me too lived in denial, America was my hero and nothing could harm that image but after Nicaragua, Nixon, South America+Kissinger and so on I started to see the big picture. Today they became so obvious that I can predict their next scam, why? Because they do not even bother to cover things up anymore. We are witnessing blatant arrogant abuse of powers by a few multynationals who bought America and turned it into a fascist state.

Bush is nothing more then a puppy doing what he's told, All the people are allowed to do is work, pay and shut up. That is secured by the patriot act and the new "homeland security" stazi ss office.

All I hope for is the American people getting it back. The world would be a lot more peaceful.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ferre

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another little thingie some people don't "want" to know about:

Quote:
Henry Kissinger: War Criminal or Old-Fashioned Murderer? - Welcome to the "Henry Kissinger: Unindicted Terrorist" file! ...

Incredibly, Henry Kissinger—the man who rivals Pol Pot for the dubious honor of being the person responsible for the death of the largest number of innocent people in South East Asia (and far surpasses Pol Pot in criminality when one factors in Kissinger's various levels of responsibility for wholesale slaughter and repression in other parts of the world)—still wields significant power in the United States; but his role as eager facilitator of mass murder, totalitarian repression and other atrocities is never discussed in polite society.

Masterminded the murder of as estimated 600,000 peasants in Cambodia (the "Secret bombing")

Pol Pot And Kissinger On war criminality and impunity by Edward S. Herman

President Ford and Secretary of State Kissinger gave the go ahead to Suharto's invasion of East Timor and subsequent massive war crimes there, and the same Kissinger, who helped President Nixon engineer and then protect the Pinochet coup and regime of torture and murder, and directed the first phase of the holocaust in Cambodia (1969-75) ...

Romadon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree with most of what you say in most of your posts Ferre except that I believe you are missing some very important pieces of information which makes the American people's problems much more complicated than they may appear. First of all the fact that somewhere in our constitution it makes a statement about our government being created by the people and for the people. It would be very nice and convenient if we as a people could just lay all our problems on a few at the top but this is seldom the case here. As you know we already have had at least one major Civil War in this country where we had brother fighting against brother, which supposedly was fought to free the black slaves, (but there is a differant take on that story also). We as a nation are almost always divided right down the middle on the issues with seemingly irreconcilable differences. Yes we American people as a whole have a lot to answer for but too many are still looking for scapegoats (probably me included) to shoulder at least some of the blame for them espescially given the fact many of us have a hard time to keep from killing members of our own families and very often this does happen here. I am not saying as a whole we are a people who love violence but much of the time (sad and sorry to say) we seem to find no other way to settle our differances. We can also be a very vindictive people if any of our familly or friends have been harmed. So much so that many of us here feel the so-called perpetrators of many violent crimes to be the real victims or creations of our own sick society. Of coarse we really need to start from the beginning as to how we screwed over the Native American Indians. That old saying the buck stops here, or the latest one, the spin stops here, is very seldom if ever true.

Last edited by Romadon on Wed Aug 18, 2004 1:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
sibannac

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When are the original native americans going to get the retributions for the genocide carried out on them by the american government in the past.
When are they going to be paid a fair price for their land that was stolen from them when are they going to get payment for all the OIL stolen from them???
I have met quite a few americans and have found them to be utterly decent people shame the same cannot be said for their government!!
Its the government actions that sway the opinion of the world against the american people perhaps there is method in their madness look what they have been allowed to do to the rights of the ordinary american???

banana banana
Lilli

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you all not realise that we here are of european decent? Except the negros and the natives, I myself am Dutch, Irish, Welsh and English.... I did not ask to be born here. My ancestors broke away from england for religious freedom. None of us can request where we are born.

I personaly am sick an tired of the american bashing if some of us werent activly trying to change things would we be here on this site?

Come on people smile on your brother

Love is but a song we sing
and fear's the way we die,
You can make the mountains ring
or make the angels cry,
Tho' the bird is on the wing
and you may not know why.

C'mon people, now
smile on your brother,
ev'ry-body get together,
try to love one another right now.

Some will come and some will go
and we shall surely pass
When the one that left us here
returns for us at last
We are but a moments sunlight
fading in the grass.

C'mon people, now
smile on your brother,
ev'ry-body get together,

If you hear the song I sing
you will understand
You hold the key to love and fear
in your trembling hand
Just one key unlocks them both,
it's there at your command.

C'mon people, now
smile on your brother,
ev'ry-body get together,
" I pass to you the torch that Christ once passed to me, others are still in the dark an need the light to see"
Romadon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrow

Last edited by Romadon on Tue Aug 17, 2004 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ferre

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not see anyone "bashing the American people" Lilli, I see a lot of bashing the corrupted nazi criminals who bought themselves into the US administration but those same fascists are oppressing the American people BIG TIME so why bash on people who are victims them selves?

No one hates "Americans" but there are many who have very good reasons to dislike "America", I guess even half of the Americans do. No offence.
Lilli

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well sometimes it feels like us good ones are thrown in with the bad. We arnt liking things thats being done any more then the rest of you guys.
Thats why we carry signs with this address on it.
" I pass to you the torch that Christ once passed to me, others are still in the dark an need the light to see"
Ferre

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sister, for years now I help out with the American people who dislike the government just as much as any other person who knows the real facts of their criminal behaviour.

Because of working side by side with people like you Lilli and Chaz and Roger, Tim Castleman, Laced, Cris Ericson and many, many others for years now I do know the difference between the people who are aware of the situation and "the ignorant ones", as I call them sometimes.

The ignorant ones are the ones that make it possible for the government to scew it up for all the rest and in most cases they're are not even aware they are "the ignorant ones", they are misinformed that's all and sometimes even they are too 'afraid' to speak out their mind.

Another fact is that it isn't even "the US government" who is to blaime, it's a global problem we people are facing. Multinational cooperatives bought the power in America and "America" is only used because it is big enough as a tool for them to go for the rest.

Nearly every government on this planet is corrupted by the same multinationals and gets money from them to support their cause, wich isn't ours, the people. We are all on the same side Lilli.
sibannac

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a growing opinion in the uk that Bush Blair etc are Masonic Members which would explain a lot??
I for one as i have previously mentioned find the American People decent loving and caring ( well the ones i've met are) and am aware that all countries have their share of bad people. Trust me the UK has its fair share. Its the american politicians not the american people that give america the bad reputation it has. We in the uk are still making apologies for things our ancestors did centuries ago in africa the middle east asia etc etc.

Embarassed banana
Lilli

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for putting it delicatly. There were 240 some million ppl here during the last election. 24 million some voted. They are the very ones that see news footage of Bush going to church on Sunday and who refuse to believe the Skull an Bones is more then a college fun club.

The Skull an Bones is running the United States and trying to take over the world. Ushering in the NEW WORLD ORDER.Right under Americans noses. The stupid Government officials havnt even read the patriot act they just sign our libertys away.

It hurts to KNOW these things and be the brunt of hatred everywhere. My neighbors are good people. We are good people The people across the street are good people. And so on and so on. All I know is basicaly GOOD people in a BAD situation brought about by EVIL politicians acting like CHRISTIANS.

THEY (tHE GOVERNMENT) ARE HOLDING THE GOOD PEOPLE OF AMERICA HOSTAGE TO THEIR EVIL DEEDS OPRESSIONS AND REPUTATIONS. Mad
sibannac

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lilli sister i couldn't have put it better myself it's the same here in the uk.

banana claps
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Issues of war and peace All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: