THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index
AustraliaBasqueBulgariaCanadaChinaEgyptFranceGreeceIcelandIndiaIndonesiaIrelandJamaicaJapanJordanLatviaMexicoNetherlandsNew Zealand
NorwaySpainPakistanLebanonPeruPolandPeurto RicoRomaniaRussiaSingaporeSouth AfricaSudanSwedenThailandTurkeyUnited KingdomUSAUzbekistan
Has anyone...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Questions and faqs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pateticus
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 5:05 am    Post subject: Has anyone... Reply with quote

Has anyone succeeded in making the THC-Ministry their full-time profession or do all of you hold jobs in the outside world as well?

If so, does being a THC-Minister make you reliant upon donations from your congregation? How do you survive when not enough donations come in?

Have any of you had any difficulty in finding/holding a job as a result of your involvement with the Ministry?

There's probably more questions along these lines...this is just off the top of my head right now.

Pateticus

Wink
http://members.cox.net/pateticus/
sara

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi pateticus,

I'm a 100% minister but also 100% mother to five growing kids , no other job, sometimes no money to eat. two years ago I had two people donating
because we got robbed of the harvest.four years ago
I got robbed also , you open you heart to help people but between those there are heartless people too, that's the risk of doing anything.
Echo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mother of three, full time job, minister at heart. No donations ever taken.
Pateticus

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 2:55 pm    Post subject: So... Reply with quote

Is there a best or recommended way to getting started with setting up a ministry/congregation...or is it pretty much anything goes?

How did you manage to be able to do this full time without publicizing yourself as a drug dealer or some other corruptive influence? How do you deal with people that are hostile towards you for using religion to justify smoking pot?

With kids especially...in america, kids and drugs are like mixing bleach and gasoline...if you smoke pot, under the American way, not only do you deserve to have your children taken away but you're considered a danger to society. I don't agree with it, in fact I hate and fear it.

I have nightmares about federal agents, social workers and angry parents forming picket lines outside my door and bringing all kinds of hostility down onto me. Which, though is dealable, just isn't something I look forward to doing right away, without some kind of loyal congregation to back me up.

Has anyone had this happen to them?

Pateticus

Wink
http://members.cox.net/pateticus/
tellme
regular contributor
regular contributor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't take the chance,

I had the child care sent here by the police, when they came
my youngest son was ill at home playing in the livingroom with toys
and watching the teletubbies,
I was cleaning upstairs , the police accused me of neglecting my kid,
he was then a four year old and never had a problem playing alone
knowing that I'm at home.
He had to call me that the police is at the door,
10 of them.
anyways the child care Doctor was very impressed of my work and
said that the police is hypocrite. they had to call my kids schools
and when the social worker found out that my kids are doing well
at school , they left me alone and asked me to call them if I will have any
other problem. they understand that political view can change but
the need for medicine stays.
I didn't hear from them ever again.also the police does not bother me,
they know exactly what I do after two courts,
the highest ethical deed is to improve the life of the living more then to keep
the dead alive on a machine (even when they don't make a chance).
court isn't yet finished my lawyer cost me more then I can afford,
that is years of work in the drain. there is on one penny of donation.

think about it, don't take risks, I wouldn't if I lived in the U.S and had
kids and a job.
Rev. Rodger L. Poole

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pateticus,

I am a full time Cannabis Sacrament partaker as well as an ordained minister. To technically become a full fledged "Cannabis Sacrament Minister", you have to get the whole sanctuary kit ($250) which I dont have yet, but plan to soon. I have the 1-2-3 sanctuary kit ($25), and I really like it. I started the Ohio chapter of THC, and what I did was get in touch with Rev. Christie about one in my area. He informed me they were in need of membership and leadership in that area, I started forming the small group of folks around here into a cohesive little club/family. I also made a website for our chapter of THC http://thc4ohio.topcities.com you can check it out.
I do this full time. Right now, Im fighting along with our other Ohio members for terminally ill patients to have the right to use medical marijuana. We are writing and lobbying to Congressman and Senators in the hopes our voices will be heard and acted upon. I spend alot of time studying and reading the bible, looking for passages that apply to our faith through the eyes of Green Truth. I usually send those passages to Rev. Christie for his input, and to see if he can use them in the injunction he filed. He and I believe there will be a Green Bible one day, and I believe that others will feel that way once some info is revealed. Ill leave it up to Rev. Christie to do that.
I love what I do, and I am very active in it. You would be surprised how busy you can get in such a short amount of time. But I am just feeling my way around, please dont think I have it all together by any means.lol.
Oh you asked how can I afford to do it full time..: my wife makes excellent money, and I have some income from a history book I was involved with illustrating. I know there are other folks not as fortunate as I am. I have a bad back injury which prevents me from working outside the home, and I have a background in language and divinity, so this is right up my alley. I have been available as minister to some of the Ohio members, as well as anyone else who needs help or guidance along the way. Im very open about my beliefs to my family and friends, and I do not fear prosecution in the least. I am glad to have you aboard as a member, and hope you get more involved in the cause we are fighting for. Look to folks like Ferre, Rev. Christie, Sister Lilli, and other experienced members for ideas, and questions about how to do things. These folks are your best bet. If you wanna know how many times it says "herb" in the bible, ask me , but if you want to know anything valuable, you better ask them lol.Good luck and welcome.

Rodger
Rev. Rodger L. Poole

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, it says "herb" in the Bible 37 times... canni
Lilli

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pateticus. I think what your asking is can the ministry pay your rent. No it doesnt. Its not a business and we arnt drug dealers. We are a ministry.
We deal in constitutional facts and biblical facts to bring about change and freedom. My husband works 7 days a week. No one tithes in my ministry.
We have helped the jobless get jobs the hungry with emergancey food. The shut out with emergancy shelter and permanent shelter. All out of our own pockets. I know our dear founder Reverend Roger Christie sold his precious home to further help the ministrys needs. Id suggest dont quit your day job. To minister means to help people. Most are more unfortunate then yourself and this takes $$.
" I pass to you the torch that Christ once passed to me, others are still in the dark an need the light to see"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Questions and faqs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: