THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index
Halliburton has 21 offices in Venezuela ...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Issues of war and peace
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ferre
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 3:29 am    Post subject: Halliburton has 21 offices in Venezuela ... Reply with quote

Quote:

Halliburton has 21 offices in Venezuela ... time to ask further questions?

VHeadline.com commentarist Oscar Heck writes: The US State Department, the US government and the US representative to the OAS continue to “poke fun” at Venezuelan government officials either by ignoring accusations of US unasked-for (overt and covert) intervention in Venezuela or by making disparaging statements about the Venezuelan democratically-elected government and its leaders and officials. In what appears to be a majority of cases, the US media is not far behind in its US government-supporting rhetoric which places Venezuela (under Chavez) as an imminent “threat” to US-style democracy in the Americas and discombobulates the USA’s plans for continued injection of “american values” into Latin American countries (whose majority poor have little interest in acquiring or indulging in).

Since I first wrote (in October 2003) about the NED financially supporting the Venezuelan anti-Chavez, anti-democratic opposition, many more details have come into public view as to exactly how and when the NED has funded the many Venezuelan organizations that classify themselves as “democratic” even though these have been and still are involved in attempting to oust Chavez by anti-democratic and terroristic means.

The NED is the National Endowment for Democracy, a Washington-based organization which finances what it claims to be pro-democracy movements in many countries throughout the world including Venezuela.

Now that much verifiable information (facts) have come to light from different sources, and now that the Venezuelan government is filing official complaints against the NED at the USA government level (even though the US government does not acknowledge any wrongdoing), it is perhaps time to ask further questions.

Who or what is behind the NED?

Is there any other organization which could be called “the foundation” or “the inspiration” for the NED?

What is the link between the NED, the US State Department and other organizations that share similar views?

Are there any other such organizations?

If so, is there anyone from such organizations that can be directly linked to the NED, to the US State Department or to the US government itself?
Who are they?

READ HERE :
http://www.vheadline.com/readnews.asp?id=16981

I wonder how many offices Halliburton has in the Netherlands. Rolling Eyes

This is an interesting list also :

Quote:
The PNAC signing members are:

• Elliott Abrams
  • Gary Bauer
  • William J. Bennett
  • Jeb Bush
  • Dick Cheney (also Vice President of the USA)
  • Eliot A. Cohen
  • Midge Decter
  • Paula Dobriansky (also Under Secretary, Global Affairs)
  • Steve Forbes
  • Aaron Friedberg
  • Francis Fukuyama
  • Frank Gaffney
  • Fred C. Ikle
  • Donald Kagan
  • Zalmay Khalilzad (also Ambassador, Afghanistan)
  • I. Lewis Libby
  • Norman Podhoretz
  • Dan Quayle
  • Peter W. Rodman
  • Stephen P. Rosen
  • Henry S. Rowen
  • Donald Rumsfeld (also US Secretary of Defense)
  • Vin Weber (also Chairman, NED)
  • George Weigel
  • Paul Wolfowitz (also US Deputy Secretary of Defense)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lilli
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what is the "The PNAC signing members are:"
"2 Corinthians 1:12 - For our boasting is this, the testimony of our conscience, that in simplicity and sincerity before God, (not in fleshly wisdom but in God's grace,) we have had our conversation in the world, and more abundantly towards you.' Over the oil
http://www.missouri-thc-ministries.tk
" I pass to you the torch that Christ once passed to me,others are still in the dark an need the light to see"
Ferre

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lilli wrote:
what is the "The PNAC signing members are:"

Lilli, this is what that article above is about. The PNAC is the fascist club who OWNS the US president. They are going for world domination and the project to gain world power they started in 1993 is now running full speed.

All is explained in that article btw, this is their website :
http://www.newamericancentury.org/

And these brave people expose them :

PNAC.info
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lilli

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My God That is frightening!! I wonder how many of them are in the skull an bones roster too?
Well we can only find comfort in the fact that God knows all this and is really the one ultimatly in control. All these things have to come to pass for his goals.(ushering in Gods Kingdom on earth)
Bush and all his rotten collegues will be exposed. We will have our earth restored to paradise conditions in the end.And the Meek shall inherit the earth!
Quote:
The Call to Meekness
http://www.stmarys-karori.org.nz/sermons/textpage_smn04_01_25.shtml
My parents used to own a book of famous graffiti. One piece of graffiti I particularly remember was on a placard outside a church. The placard read: “Blessed are the meek for they shall inherit the earth”. Someone had spray painted under it: “if that’s all right with the rest of you.”
The message on the church placard is of course one of Jesus’ beatitudes . The spray painter, however, demonstrated their view of what it is to be meek. That view is probably shared by most of us. We think of someone who is meek as being non assertive, a wallflower, someone who cowers in the corner at parties. Someone whose idea of a good time would be to sit quietly at home on a Saturday night and listen to Roger Whittaker.
What does Jesus mean by meek?
Jesus tells us that the meek are blessed. Jesus also tells us that he is meek . Jesus’ behaviour, however, appeared anything but meek by this definition. Jesus overturned the moneychangers' tables in the synagogue. He called the religious leaders hypocrites. He challenged and shook the core of people’s thinking about God. He is still doing this today.
Jesus definition of meek must therefore be very different from ours.
To find out what Jesus means by meek we need to go to Psalm 37 from which Jesus was quoting.
Psalm 37 tells us the meek will inherit the earth. It also says the righteous will, as will those who wait on God, those God blesses and those who turn from evil and do good. So what’s the story? Did Jesus leave these people out? Did he forget them? No of course not. They are the same people.
The word “meek” in Greek comes from a word that means to be tamed. One of its meanings is to tame animals such as with a bridle. The word in Hebrew has a similar origin. A synonym for the word meek in English is “tame’.
A person who conforms to the human definition of meek is submissive to others. A person who is meek in front of God is submissive to God. Such a person submits himself or herself totally to God’s will. Jesus did this perfectly. Those who are meek wholly submit themselves to God’s will and do not try to do things in their own strength.
Such a person will be righteous- in a right relationship with God. They will also wait on God, not just for specific answers but until death. God will bless them and they, being under his direction, will turn from evil and do good.
It’s tough to be meek
Being meek, and submitting your will entirely to God can be tough. Jesus calls us to do many things that are downright scary.
Moses was described as the ‘meekest of men’. However, in his eighties he was given the job of going to Pharaoh and demanding that he ‘let his people go.’
In India alone 240 pastors have laid down their life for their faith. Eleven of the twelve apostles met very grisly ends. In the early days of Christianity throwing us to the lions seemed to be a popular past time.
We are lucky enough to live in a country and in a time where the risk of our being thrown to the lions is low. The only persecution we tend to face is our secular friends thinking that with our new found faith we’ve turned into a closet lover of Roger Whittaker and with it lost our sense of humour.
Jesus calls us to stand-up for him. This is very easy to do with our Christian friends but very hard to do with our secular friends. No one wants to be different. We are programmed to want to belong.
Jesus tells us to be the salt of the world to give it its flavour. We would far rather be its sugar but that is not what we are told to be.
How to be meek
Jesus tells us how to be meek. He tells us how he plans to tame us. He says, “take my yoke upon you and learn from me”. He says, “my yoke is easy and my burden is light”.
I’m sure a lot of us have read this and from time to time seriously questioned it in our hearts. We believe Jesus because we love and trust him, but we don’t quite know how this easy yoke supposed to work.
A yoke, as Crawford Murray points out in his book Cherishing Christ, is something that ties two oxen together. Christ of course is the other ox. Jesus teaches us by being by our side. He is of course the stronger ox. To carry on this metaphor, if the weaker ox is trying to pull in a different direction from the stronger ox it is going to be a pretty tough journey.
However, if we stop fighting and let the stronger ox do the work, the ride is going to be a lot easier for us. We are going to be able to pull loads far too heavy to pull under our own strength.
Why be meek?
So you may say, why be meek?
Well for a start there is nothing more painful to behold than a newly converted Christian not obeying God. I know I’ve been there. Converting and then trying to sell God your life plan for you doesn’t work. You may manage to fool others, but you will never really fool yourself and you will never fool God.
When you enter into a relationship with God he starts to talk to you. This happens in many different ways (I have never heard an audible voice). I don’t know why I found this so surprising. Jesus says my sheep know my voice. It takes a while to distinguish it at the beginning from your own thoughts (and it is wise to check out what God is saying to you with other mature Christians as well) but when you do distinguish it you realise you have known his voice all along. You can choose not to listen but if you do life starts to get tough.
There are many things you can and should do to become closer to God. However, the main thing I have found to assist is the liberal use of the word “yes”. This has slowly matured over time from a begrudging “okay, you win”.
God has asked me to do many things since I became a Christian that I just frankly didn’t want to do. I didn’t want to do them because I was afraid of the consequences. Each time the consequences were not only okay, they were outstandingly good. [Read letter from my school after I returned stolen books].
Each time we don’t submit to God and say “yes” that disobedience is usually based on fear. This fear is based on a lie: ‘I can’t trust God’. [Story of Stephen Lungu confessing to the Police after his conversion].
Each time I have obeyed him when I had no idea as to what would happen he has proved to me that I can. I’ve realised that with God letting go gives you the ride of your life.
Some of us are a lot easier to tame than others. My husband’s cousin came to stay with us recently. She is 21, very beautiful and a strongly committed Christian. She said she became a Christian at 12. She had read a bible story where Jesus said ‘I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for his sheep.’ She said this touched her so much that she had to find out more and became a Christian. No mean feat considering neither of her parents were.
Her faith was so moving. She had done mission work and been on many Christian camps. She said each time she returned she wondered if she was really a Christian before as her relationship with God was so much deeper.
Inheriting the earth- it’s a big thing
With God the rewards always seem to be both in this lifetime and the next.
Jesus in his beatitudes stated that many people were blessed: the poor spiritually, those who mourn, those who hunger and thirst. However, only one of the groups of people he spoke about as “blessed” were singled out to inherit the earth. The meek.
Inheriting the earth is also a concept that is difficult to understand. This a songwriter’s (Les Barker’s) view of what that means:
“Blessed are the Meek"
Hello God;
This is the meek.
You know you said we'd inherit the earth?
Well ... is it all right to have it this week?

If that's all right by you...
If it's something you can allow...
We have been waiting a while,
Is it all right to have it now?...

Hello God.
It's the meek; we spoke before...
Remember, we inherited the earth
Well. We’ve not got it any more

I'm afraid
We sort of let it go...
This man said he wanted it
And we didn't like to say no.

I suppose we should have...
But we've never had the knack
So the others have asked me to ask you
Can we please have it back?

The problem with our human perception of the Bible is that we tend to view everything in it from a human timeframe. However, God’s perspective is from the beginning to the end of time. God sees into the future as well as the past.
Jesus is not saying the meek will inherit the earth “this week” as the songwriter seems to suggest. Jesus is talking about his second coming, the new earth, the new Jerusalem of which is followers will be part .
In Revelations we are told those who “overcome” will become part of the new Jerusalem. The only way we can “overcome” is by being meek.
It is the meek who will be there at the end with God. Not the successful, the popular or those submissive to others. The meek.
Therefore to be meek must be a goal for all in faith.
A colleague of mine told me of a motorcycle gang he did legal work for when he was in private practice. This gang came to him as they wanted to set up a rugby league club. As part of doing this they needed to have a constitution. They had drafted one for him to review. The first clause read: “Every member shall be staunch.” He was forced to consider how one would enforce that.
You would have the same problem with a church constitution or mission statement that read: “Every member shall be meek.” Only we and God really know if we are complying.
Conclusion
Being “meek” may seem tough, but it is in fact the easiest way to be. God has wonderful things in mind for us that we could not possibly achieve on our own. The good news is he doesn’t expect us to. So I challenge you today to look God right in the eye and dare to be meek.

"2 Corinthians 1:12 - For our boasting is this, the testimony of our conscience, that in simplicity and sincerity before God, (not in fleshly wisdom but in God's grace,) we have had our conversation in the world, and more abundantly towards you.' Over the oil
http://www.missouri-thc-ministries.tk
" I pass to you the torch that Christ once passed to me,others are still in the dark an need the light to see"
indicaspice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hah and I was scoffed at when I mentioned world domination. Well, it's nothing to scoff at and down right frightening.

when life hands you a lemon, make lemonade
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Issues of war and peace All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: