THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index
Founders of Church of Cognizance Arrested!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Cannabis news
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ferre
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More news!!

Quote:
Hello,

I just received word from Dennis Quaintance that the Narcotics Task
Force has obtained search warrants and are searching the Church of
Cognizance property at the time I am writing this at 9:30 AM Arizona
Time on 3/3/06. Dan & Mary's Daughter Zina and Son-In-Law-Tim are at
the property with their children. We are afraid for the children.
They are probably going to seize the church computer, papers and
other church items.

Dan & Mary are still locked up in Las Cruces - DAY 9 .  Dennis and
Venessa were taking their son to school and are now afraid to go
home.  They spoke to the police on the phone who asked them to come
home. I advised them to not go home now, that they are under no legal
obligation to do so.

We have put everyone on notice with sanctuary signs, etc - these
folks don't respect our mode of worship at all.

Please do whatever you can to help us.

Thank you.

EC Mike Senger
New Paradigm Monastery
Florence AZ

http://coc.enlightener.net/cgi-bin/index.cgi?action=viewnews&id=10

Quote:
Aloha. The good news is I have recieved an up-date that there are one or two very large organizations that are helping us to spread the news about dan&mary,,, norml isn't one of them as far as I know nor is mpp nor is the ccl&e nor is aclu and the list goes on and on of the organizations we have contacted none of which have responded and any of which we would sure love to hear from for their support.. Some of the big bats are moving to the plate on our befalf and we would like to say thanks to u Cher of the WONPR for walking your talk and apoligise to any I have affended..Thanks ladies. You did it before and NOW here you are doing it again. RANSOM DEMANDS have not yet been met for the hostages's release but help has been offered and previsions met if we can get the Public Defender and the JUDGE to "show up and set bail"! HELP FIGHT TERRORISM, DISMANTLE THE DEA..We hope to have dan&mary out soon at which time they are well prepared to fight their own fight and end this war on our Sacrament once and for ALL!. Also we'd like the thank Rev.Jack of the THC ministry for his willingness to help and to brother Gregory and Rev.Tom Brown for their legal advise.
We are under attack as we speak by law-enforcement at the monartary in pima,dan&mary's kids and grandkids. p.s. if your not against the war on marijuana and it doesn't concern you that you are in support of the prohibition.

if you don't hear from me again it's because dan's computor has been stollen by the war criminal and that's my site.

blessings from the under attack church of Cognizance,your bud E.C.Daniel Jeffrey

We really need to DO something!!

You guys in America, call the ACLU, NORML, MPP, every organization you can think of and call them to action!
Those who don't, quote scriptures.
Rev.DeGray2
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:44 pm    Post subject: A few more contacts for them! Reply with quote

Legal Services Developer NM Attrney Generals Office

# (505) 841-8964

and

ACLU NM
# (505) 266-5915

1-800-773-5706

Sincerely Rev. DeGray 2
Rev.DeGray2

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, that just reminded me of a few more i have written down here from that religionlink peice on the UDV case. Some have filed briefs and i have tried a few of them. I tried the acu religious freedom program directors office Jerremy Gunn who filed an Amicus Brief in support of them, the aclu and becket fund also.

The directors office for the aclu RFP is media@aclu.org.

I have to get the rest of that info though down Rolling Eyes and post it as well but here are the few more i have here now.

Gene K. Schaerrer is counsel of record for the Amicus Curiae supporting the UDV that represents 17 Religious Organizations (I have also to get down). Contact # 202-282-5000.

and

Anthony Picarello Jr. filed an Amicus Brief supporting the UDV on behalf of the Becket Fund for Religious Liberty, they also just defended a Hindu Temple recently and won. Contact # 202-955-0095

I will check for the rest of that ifnormation and other contacts n a moment here then post.

Sincerely Rev. DeGray 2
Rev.DeGray2

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

E-mail message

Date: Fri, Mar 3, 2006, 9:48pm Subject: Federal Judge and Prosecuter guilty of violation of article VI section 2 ?

Aloha and blessings.. may all who would be free of tyranny be allowed...by law..to be free from unnessisary government entanglement in the practice of their religion.. z                                                                       now i'm no lawyer but does it not say "No religious test"? In direct conflict with this law the D>E>A> has seized all of the computors (of which there are many) at the church of Cognizance,Pima,AZ.and other documents and articles that could be used for their churches defense. Dan and Mary's daughter and son in-law were made to leave their home while their house was being checked for evidence against dan&mary and were kept in the front yard on the ground both with guns on them and Tim layed out flat with a foot on his back. Two of the three homes were forceably entered at the monastary of the church of Cognizance and NO SUPPLY of marijuana was found as was undoubtably hoped for by law enforcement. The DEA and drug task squade have now left,no one was arrested to which we are thankful.                                         
 This is the First Ammendment to the Constitution of the United States : Article VI
Certain debts, ect. declared valid, Supremacy of Constitution, treaties, and laws of the United States, Oath to support Constitution, by whom taken. No religious test.

section 2. This constitution, and the laws of the United States which shall be made in pursuance thereof; and all treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States shall be the supreme law of the land; and the judges in every state shall be bound thereby, any thing in the constitution or laws of any state to the contrary notwithstanding.

" PUBLIC LAW 105th Congress, 22 U.S.C. 6401 (a.)(3)

"Everyone has the right to freedom of thought, conscience, and religion; this right includes the freedom to change his religion or belief, and freedom, either alone or in community with others and in public, or private, to manifest his religion or belief in teaching, practice, worship and observance."  PUBLIC LAW 105-292 105th Congress, 22 U.S.C 6401(a.)(3)
Last year the American Psychological Association issued the report Hate Crimes Today: An Age-Old Foe in Modern Dress. In the report Dr. Jack McDevitt, a criminologist, stated, "Hate crimes are message crimes. They are different from other crimes in that the offender is sending a message to members of a certain group that they are unwelcome."
Current legislation allows federal prosecution of a hate crime only if the crime was motivated by race, religion, national origin, or color. In addition, the assailant must intend to prevent the victim from exercising a federally protected right. The Hate Crimes Prevention Act of 1999, passed by the Senate in July 1999, seeks to expand federal jurisdiction over these crimes.
In the words of Vice President Al Gore: "We must send a clear and strong message to all who would commit crimes of hate: it is wrong, it is illegal, and we will catch you and punish you to the full force of our laws."
                                              So this will be the charges filed; that,                                                      Current legislation allows federal prosecution of a hate crime if the crime is motivated by race, religion, national origin, or color. In addition, the assailant must intend to prevent the victim from exercising a federal protected right. "Federal Hate Crime Law 18 USC 245 (b) (2) and the U.S. Congress defines a hate crime as a crime which "the defendant's conduct was motivated by hatred, bias, or prejudice, based on the actual or perceived race, color, religion, nation origin, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation or gender identity of another individual or group of individuals" (HR 4797) z
                                                   we of the church of Cognizance understanding these words and why they were used contend that the U.S. Border Patrol, the D.E.A. and Drug Task Force are in fact guilty of the commission of a hate crime under color of law according to above descriptions.
When dan and mary told law enforcement they claimed religious defence they (the D.E.A.) laughted because they implied to many people use it for kicks and so it can't be a sacrament.WRONG..People all over the world drink wine but that doesn't mean catholic's or christians can't claim wine as their sacrament just because so many use it for fun.
Our case is not one we think we can win, it is a case we believe has already been won but no-one is telling us.

thank you all once again for your consideration,,your bud E.C.Daniel Jeffrey, church of Cognizance, Puna, HI. Good words,Good thoughts,Good deeds.

please help us contact
http://www.aclu-nm.org/legal/complaint.htm about this case.

Sincerely Rev. DeGray 2
Rev.DeGray2

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:31 pm    Post subject: Here is the full list of contacts Reply with quote

The right to free exercise of religion is a bedrock value of the First Amendment. It is held in tension with Americans' right to be free from the government establishing one religion over another.

• O Centro Espirita Beneficiente Uniao Do Vegetal's U.S. base is in Santa Fe, N.M. The group prefers that the media contact it via email, udvbr@opengate.com.br.

• Nancy Hollander of Freedman, Boyd, Daniels, Hollander & Goldberg in Albuquerque, N.M., is the attorney representing the UDV. Contact 505-842-9960.

• Mark E. Chopko is general counsel for the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops in Washington, D.C., which filed an amicus brief in support of UDV. The brief says there are severe negative consequences for religion if UDV loses its case. Contact 202-541-3300.

• Gene K. Schaerr is counsel of record for an amicus curiae supporting UDV that represents 17 religious organizations, including the National Association of Evangelicals, the Baptist Joint Committee, the Institute on Religion and Public Policy, the First Church of Christ Scientist, the Union for Reform Judaism, the Sikh Coalition and the Muslim Minaret of Freedom Institute. Read an excerpt of the brief posted by UDV with links to the full brief. Contact Schaerr in Washington, D.C., 202-282-5000.

• Anthony Picarello Jr. filed an amicus brief supporting UDV on behalf of the Becket Fund for Religious Liberty. Contact 202-955-0095.

• Lee Boothby is a lawyer and vice president of the International Academy for Freedom of Religion and Belief. His organization has filed an amicus brief in support of UDV. Contact 202-363-1773.

• Kelly Shackelford is chief counsel for the Liberty Legal Institute, a Texas law firm that works to preserve religious freedom. His firm filed an amicus brief in support of UDV. Contact 972-423-3131.

• Jeremy Gunn is director of the American Civil Liberties Union's new Program on Freedom of Religion and Belief. The ACLU has filed an amicus brief in support of UDV. Contact 212-549-2500, media@aclu.org.

• Gregory Baylor is director of the Christian Legal Society and says outlawing sacramental tea is the equivalent of banning the wine served at a Roman Catholic Mass. Contact 703-642-1070, clshq@clsnet.org.

Sincerely Rev. DeGray 2
Rev.DeGray2

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Becket Funds e mail address is also available;

mail@becketfund.org

for further information.

Sincerely Rev. DeGray 2
Ferre

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

another update;

Quote:
Aloha to all and blessings to you. What is happening with dan&mary? WELL, i'd love to say that we have the top of the line lawyers fighting for their release but that is not what appears to be happening at all. Dan and Mary's Federal public defenders have not been able to even get a Judge to set bail for them after 11 days as hostages, now what they "have done" we don't know, we have not been able to get in touch with them for days and they have not returned any of many calls. Dan has not been allowed a phone call in days! We can only imagine that bail for dan&mary has not yet been set to allow time for a raided on dan&mary's home and so a Honorable Judge D. Holt on information and testimony given by Detective Herschel Medlin #28 of Graham County,AZ> raided dan&mary's home to gather evidence against them along with support and assistance from the DEA of AZ. & N.M.. Is that a HATE CRIME? YOU BET IT IS! What did they find to prove their point? Well we know that they (DEA) have stoled posters with marijuana pictures on them, a blanket with a marijuana leaf on it from off of dan&mary's bed and ALL of the computers and church documents that were in their home.  We will be recieving a faq of the Search Warrent and the recording of objects taken as soon as we can to use as evidence against the Federal Government, State Law Enforcement, Detective Medlin, Judge Holt and all others thought to have been in cooperation with the molestation of members of the church of Cognizance for the practice of their mode of worship.          
The federal government doesn't know dan&mary or their religion but they are sure going to. They now have in their hands the varification of dan&mary's innocents. We continue to seak "COMPITANT LEGAL ASSISTANCE" and are thankful to all of you who have offered your concerns and help..

Good words, Good thoughts, Good deeds..

E.C.Daniel Jeffrey
Church of Cognizance Information Center,
P.O.Box 1004
Puna, Hawaii.96778
(808) 965-7514.

--

Stokes

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ferre,

I've been focusing on a way to help Dan & Mary, and this may be our chance.

Would it be possible for the THC Ministry to issue an official press release requesting the much needed "COMPETENT LEGAL ASSISTANCE" that E.C. Daniel mentions in this latest update?

There's gotta be a thousand good attorney's out there waiting for an opportunity like this, and I think I've got a good idea of how we can get it out to as many lawyers in the western U.S. as possible, and then some.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained ... right?

Shall we give it a go?

Stokes

Where love is, there God is also.

-Mahatma Gandhi
Ferre

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm all for it, Roger needs to be ok with it though.
Rev. Jack

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:23 pm    Post subject: newsletter Reply with quote

hey Ferre

Don't we have a Newsletter program you could run to inform those who don't check the forum often enough. I feel that this case because of the circumstances and the action already taken deserves the additional effort.
Ferre

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, we could do that, again, we need Roger's approval before we do this.
hugerunt

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:51 pm    Post subject: possibilities abound Reply with quote

i have read the links posted here in this thread and on the THC-ministry. org forums and find that there are great resources in here. the possibility of one or many of these religious freedom sites helping our cause... imo is very good! Has anyone contacted any of the legal recources on these links ? We must use the resources we can find to the fullest potential if we can. i see these as an avenue to get help in the case being discussed in this thread and in the overall concept of our church and its beliefs. many of these links are bonafide religious freedom advocates that are recognized by the judicial, exectutive, and legislative branches of our government and could be benificial to our beliefsand cause. I am new here and i would like to help in any issues i can but i feel i am not experienced enough to contact them myself on behalf of the church or Dan and Mary.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
zero

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could do a story on ShoutWire, which millions of people would see, however, I would probably just get called unprofessional and have my mother insulted by those who call themselves my brothers.

"I understand that fear is my friend, but not always. Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed."
Ferre

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brother zero, I think that depends on the 'angle' that you would write the article from.

If you would write an article on equal rights for all religions, and would compare the rights that Christians have to drink alcohol as their sacrament, the muslims who are allowed to kill sheep end goats ritually (nasty way to die for the animals) and the recent case in which the Supreme Court ruled unanimously that a small congregation in New Mexico may use hallucinogenic tea as part of a four-hour ritual intended to connect with God.

Why should religious Cannabis users be oppressed the way they are, isn't that pure racist discrimination based on religion?
RevErikM
Shaman
Shaman

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps the appropriate angle would be to put the question out about it so people will decide for themselves - simply declaring it all as your opinion may not work. If you would like to interview me for it, I'd be more than happy to take the brunt of the criticism; it shouldn't be too hard since I have a book published that advocates the religious use of every entheogen you can find out about.

Send me a private message if you're interested and I'll give you my phone number.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Cannabis news All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: