THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index
AustraliaBasqueBulgariaCanadaChinaEgyptFranceGreeceIcelandIndiaIndonesiaIrelandJamaicaJapanJordanLatviaMexicoNetherlandsNew Zealand
NorwaySpainPakistanLebanonPeruPolandPeurto RicoRomaniaRussiaSingaporeSouth AfricaSudanSwedenThailandTurkeyUnited KingdomUSAUzbekistan
Financial difficulties? Need a finacial blessing?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lilli
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 4:22 am    Post subject: Financial difficulties? Need a finacial blessing? Reply with quote

What is a Tithe?
The word in Hebrew (maaser) and Greek (dekate) means "tenth." It is mentioned in both the Old and New Testaments and is supposed to be a physical, outward sign of our commitment to God. The offerings were used to 'feed' the tribe of Levi (the designated priests), the widows and orphans of the Hebrews and Gentiles.

In 'our' world we need to keep our place of worship and our minister paid and if our widows and orphans need no actual food (though some do!) we realize that today more people are starved for 'spiritual food' which they can find in our church and in fellowship with our congregation. We can help feed them.

What if I can't Tithe?
God never intended for everyone to give the same amount or in the same way, but each should 'give bountifully and cheerfully.' The tithe is to be our acknowledgment of God's ownership (of ourselves and our lives) and thus is meant to be individualized. 10% of whatever we make isnt much when you look at the promise of overflowing blessings. There is the promise of God's blessing for giving with proper motives - voluntarily, cheerfully, and according to his or her abundance and conviction!

That being said, we trust that you will make the decision based on how the spirit leads you, but if you do choose to tithe, you will experience the joy of giving.

Tithing is a very workable divine principle and a key to financisl well being. In fact the bible says we are under a curse if we dont tithe and he tells us to try him "prove me on this" he says. If we tithe he will pour blessings upon us.
King James version
Malachi 3: 8 Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings. 9 Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation. 10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. 11 And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the LORD of hosts.
Darby translation

Malachi 3:8 Will a man rob God? But ye rob me. And ye say, Wherein do we rob thee? [In] tithes and heave-offerings.
9 Ye are cursed with a curse; and me ye rob, [even] this whole nation. 10 Bring the whole tithe into the treasure-house, that there may be food in my house, and prove me now herewith, saith Jehovah of hosts, if I open not to you the windows of the heavens, and pour you out a blessing, till there be no place for it. 11 And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast its fruit before the time in the field, saith Jehovah of hosts. 12 And all nations shall call you blessed; for ye shall be a delightsome land, saith Jehovah of hosts.

Deutronomy 12:5 but unto the place which Jehovah your God will choose out of all your tribes to set his name there, his habitation shall ye seek, and thither thou shalt come; 6 and thither ye shall bring your burnt-offerings and your sacrifices, and your tithes, and the heave-offering of your hand, and your vows, and your voluntary-offerings, and the firstlings of your kine and of your sheep; 7 and ye shall eat there before Jehovah your God, and ye shall rejoice, ye and your households, in all the business of your hand, wherein Jehovah thy God hath blessed thee. 8 Ye shall not do after all that we do here this day, each one whatever is right in his own eyes. 9 For ye are not as yet come to the rest and to the inheritance which Jehovah thy God giveth thee. 10 But when ye have gone over the Jordan, and dwell in the land which Jehovah your God causeth you to inherit, and when he hath given you rest from all your enemies round about, and ye dwell in safety, 11 then there shall be a place which Jehovah your God will choose to cause his name to dwell there; thither shall ye bring all that I command you: your burnt-offerings, and your sacrifices, your tithes, and the heave-offering of your hand, and all your choice vows which ye shall vow to Jehovah. 12 And ye shall rejoice before Jehovah your God, ye, and your sons, and your daughters, and your bondmen, and your handmaids, and the Levite that is within your gates; for he hath no portion nor inheritance with you. 13 Take heed to thyself that thou offer not thy burnt-offerings in every place that thou seest; 14 but in the place which Jehovah will choose in one of thy tribes, there thou shalt offer thy burnt-offerings, and there thou shalt do all that I command thee.
Roger the name of the Lord God is upon your ministry because it is his ancient recipe your using. In my humble opinion.

Well friends Roger is our minister being the founder.. .
He also goes to great expense to lay the footwork for our freedom. To make the Holy Oil. To help willingly with trials. Do you all realise the wonderful minister we have? To my knowledge no other is making the OIL! Well as for me and my household I am ready to recieve the blessings God the Father promises us in Malachi. Altho we know we are not to "TRY GOD" Here he gives us an open invitation to "prove me" he says. he says we dont have ROOM for all the blessings that will flow unto us if we do the tithing. I am going to start tithing 1/10th of our earnings. I am ready for the break thru in my finanaces
He is giving us a "KEY" to financial blessings. I challenge you all to tithe to the Hawaiin ministry and recieve for yourselves the blessings God promises.
Your Loving Sista Lilli
" I pass to you the torch that Christ once passed to me,others are still in the dark an need the light to see"
Lilli

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some tithing testimonials

Ginger, 17, Stilwell, OK
When my mother was younger she was a single parent, raising my sister, living on her own, with no one but God. The Lord spoke to her and told her to give all she had in the offering and she did so, knowing that that was all the money she would have for that month and she still needed to buy groceries. She gave, and God blessed. When she returned home there were sacks of groceries on her front porch that someone had left, and no one knew her situation, but whoever left them knew exactly what she needed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lindsey, 19, Ks
I am a waitress and dont make a lot of money. I just graduated from high school and had no idea how I would pay for college. I would work as many hours as I could but I still could not manage to pay for my house let alone school but I continued to tithe even when I only had 4 dollars to put gas in my car for the week. Now the lord has blessed me with a full schlorship to a wonderfull christian college and I am now a nanny for a wonderful family.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brenrose
I tithed before my husband and I met; one of the things we discussed before we were married was tithing, and, of course, we were in total agreement on it. We have always believed and practiced that we should tithe on the gross income before taxes were deducted. And I can look back over the years and see where God has provided for our needs. Tithing is a step of faith for a Christian; but it is also saying to God that "you own all that I have and I will begin by giving the 10th part of it to you." My husband and I have even given over and above the tithe when special offerings were announced in church. Our Lord does indeed open the windows of heaven and pour out a blessing when Christians tithe.

Sharon,40something,Georgia
There is no question or argument about tithing, it is simply obedience to God! Until you try it, you should not have an opinion as to whether or not it is right, legal, just or of God. It's a blessing to tithe...not an obligation! God doesn't need your money...if He did, he would take it. It's about your faith in him to prosper you! If you are not obedient to the scriptures, then you can not recieve the blessings of the Lord. Actually, I would be very uncomfortable Not to tithe as it is my way of showing God I love Him, I want His word to continue to be spread around the world and that I trust him! The world's love of money makes it difficult for non-believers to ever comprehend the concept of giving. Many Christians also don't tithe as they are waiting until they can afford it. You will never be able to afford it until you start doing it. Try it and I promise my Lord is faithfull. You'll be so amazed at what the Lord will do for you. Your health, children, finances, emotions all will improve. I find it so sad that the one sermon that is the hardest for the pastor to preach is also the hardest for the congregation to receive! To me it's simple; if I trust God with my life, my children's lives, my money, my heart, my wisdom, why would I NOT trust him with my money (which in fact is HIS money)? Try It! I challenge you and so does God. But do it with a smile on your face and expect God to do great things in your life. He loves you! And so do I! Sharon

Kim, 37, Australia
I was saved 3 years before my husband and during that time things were really tight, moneywise and I didn't tithe because my husband obviously did not understand the concept of tithing. When my husband came to the Lord it seemed that every service we attended was on tithing! My husband said "Okay, I hear you Lord!" and we have tithed ever since. We have been paying of not only our house rent but also my parents-in-laws mortgage due to a failed business that we had. Over the past 4 years since we started tithing we have NEVER missed a payment on that mortgage. I have only been working 3 days a week and my husband has been establishing a software development company and there have been times when he has not been paid for up to 6 weeks but still we have food on the table and all our bills are paid. Now my husband is earning enough that I am able to quit work and stay at home with my children. Praise God for His awesome love!

Maria,29,New Jersey
I used to think that I would tithe one day when I got rid of my debt. I could barely pay my bills let alone anything else. One day,my pastor preached on tithing (it wasn't the first time, of course)and I got a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. He said if we were not tithing we were stealing from God. I went home that day and decided that no matter what, I would make that adjustment. I started to make that a priority, and I still didn't have money for all my debt. About 6 months later, I got a new job and got a 100% increase from my previous job. I was able to pay my bills without struggling and still make tithing a priority. Plus, now my tithe is greater, my offerings are bigger He just continues to bless me. Thank you for letting me share how God has blessed me for just being obedient!

TennTammy
Tithing has always brought me great joy. It is only a small gift for what Jesus did for us. God does keep his promises and I have seen that happen time and time again. I have been blessed and I am in a place now that I can help others who are need fincially and etc. But most of all I make sure we pray about what we are going to do.

Ada 44 Roseville,Ca.
I have seen great things happen in my life when my husband I started titheing. One by one the Lord is bring my Children to him and the are excepting him as there savior. I have one more child to go he is 16 and still thinks God is not cool. But I am starting to see some changes in him Thank you Jesus.

Ada 44 Roseville,Ca.
I have seen great things happen in my life when my husb and I started titheing. One by one the Lord is bring my Children to him and the are excepting him as there savior. I have one more child to go he is 16 and still thinks God is not cool. But I am starting to see some changes in him Thank you Jesus.

Heather, Hawaii
We had a lot of debt and were in real tough times. We had not tithed in a long time, but I felt like it was right. I was crunching numbers left and right, but doing the rest of the bills first, and then saying,"there isn't enough left for tithe." Finally I switched it around. There was no rhyme or reason to it, but when I put God first, we had all we needed plus fifty left over! I couldn't have explained it for anything!

Marnie
I most definitely have a testimony of the efficacy of tithing. Here's a recent example: Saturday night I was figuring up how much money we had and the bills we needed to pay and the trip money we needed for our vacation to Florida that's coming up... cutting it close. I had budgeted in to pay 10% of our income in tithing. I was reviewing the bills with my husband and he said, "You could wait on that tithing and pay it after we get back from vacation... just to make sure we have enough." And I said, "No, we're paying our tithing now. The Lord will provide what we need." Anyway, I wrote the check and paid the tithing Sunday, and over the next 2 days enough orders came in that covered that tithing check (even though I didn't need it to cover the check). I've seen this happen over and over again through the years. As I pay tithing, the Lord immediately blesses me. It's a universal law. The Lord makes a wonderful business/financial partner! Marnie

Debbie, 41, Jasper, Tx.
I have been blessed greatly. For two years my family has had terrible finance trouble due to illnesses and surgeries. During this time God provided for us! Food, money, answered prayers. Then God gave my husband a wonderful job working for an oil co. Now we have enough money to pay our bills and have spending money. My husbands and my health is a lot better too. God has also blessed us with a great son-in-law. He is so good to my daughter and grandchild. Both of our grandchildren has been hospitalized because they had R.S.V. They are both doing much better. Also I had a son over in Iraq, but he is now on his way home. He has had some very close calls but thank God he was protected. God has poored a great many blessings out to us. He has also maade a way for me to open a shop up pretty soon. A trailor was given to us and we have been redoing it for a gift shop. The old jalopy we drove has been replaced with a good reliable ride. I just thank God for everything he has done and is doing now!

Kelly, 45, Tacoma, WA
I believe in tithing and do tithe. My husband and I both write our tithe checks to our church when we get our paychecks. We have never lacked for anything but have seen many miracles happen in the 15 years we have been married. One thing that stands out is we needed to replace our wooden fence for our yard, it was falling over but we did not have the extra money. A freak wind storm came up and our homeowners insurance paid for a whole new fence. That is just one story of many many miracles the Lord does provide.

LouAnn 35 New Mexico
I have always paid tithing. As a child, did it becasue my parents taught me to. As an adult, I did it because I needed the Lords blessings in my life. I always pay my tithing first. It is the absolute first check written. By doing this I am putting the Lord first. Anyway, somehow the money always stretches and goes where it needs to go. My family and I may not always have everything that we WANT but we do have most everything that we NEED. There is a difference and Heavenly Father knows it. He does a wonderful job of taking care of us. This is how I am blessed by giving back to the Lord what was His in the beginning anyway.

Aubrey
Our family just started "giving" 2 weeks ago on regular basis. We decided to set so much income aside each week and give it to someone or a cause that God lead us to. In a way you might call it tithing, but I stand with several others on this board that tithing was an old testament law for the Israelites. Our income is not great by any means, and we struggle each week to make ends meet. However, we gave our decided amount for the last 2 weeks and we received 2 checks for over $1000 out of nowhere in the mailbox last week! I was amazed, though I know I shouldn't be. It was simply God doing what he said he would do. I regret not "giving" before now, I am anxious to see what else God is going to do in our lives. God bless!

Anna, 23, Iowa
I learned in college to tithe to God even when it meant not paying the bills until late. God always honored this - I never had a utility shut off, never had a service stopped, and never missed rent. When you honor God with your money, you can count on Him to provide for all your needs!!

Elyssa C., 23, Htfd, CT
Tithing is a wonderful invention of the Lord. He knows what He is doing! When ever I tithe, it seems immediate that the blessings start to flow. It may come in the form of money, health issues, protection of my family, house, church and church family, prosperity in my spiritual life and relationship with my King of Glory. These are just some of the ways that my King of Glory blesses me when I tithe. He is all wise and all knowing, follow His direction, and you'll never be disappointed!

Francine, 49, Georgia
The tithe is not for God, but is God's open door for His blessing to us. Every blessing from God is initiated through some act of our faith, (not works to get God to do something) but the act of simply trusting and obeying Him. God has truly blessed me. I have a job, that would require a minimum of two years in college and I did not even finish High School. God is faithful and desires OUTLETS for His blessings to flow through. He seeks givers who are not bound by greed in order to pour His blessings upon AND through. If we close our hands from giving...we cut off our own supply. The tithe is the 'minimum' that God uses to break the bondages of fear and greed in our own lives and fees us to be givers. Thank you for the opportunity to share.

Christie,23,Albany, KY
I truly believe with all my heart in tithing. Everytime I give my 10% the Lord blesses me in so many ways. It seems like I don't have to worry about money because the lord provides for me. I feel its the least I can do for a savior he gave his life for me.

SHERRI ,38, CALIF.
NO ONE COULD EVER CONVINCE ME TITHING IS NOT FOR US TODAY.MY HUSBAND AND I HAVE TESTED GOD IN THIS AREA,LIKE HE SAYS TO DO.AND IT HAS BEEN EVERYTHING HE SAID IT WOULD BE.WE HAVE TITHED WHEN WE HAD NOTHING AND WE TITHED WHEN WE HAD PLENTY.GOD HAS BEEN FAITHFUL EVERY TIME.I WANT TO START A HELP'S MINISTRY AND IT IS GOING TO BE POSSIBLE BECAUSE OF THE YEARS OF TITHING.IT HAS TESTED OUR FAITH IN GODS WORD AND MADE OUR FAITH GROW.IT MAKES ME FRUSTRATED AND SAD WHEN I SEE CHRISTIANS STRUGGLING AND THEY DO NOT BELIEVE IN TITHING.AND YOU KNOW IF ONLY THEY WOULD TRUST GOD IN THIS AREA THEY COULD HAVE A ALL HE WANTS FOR THEM.AND IF THEY WOULD GIVE TO OTHERS IN THEIR NEED,BREAK THROUGH WOULD COME QUICKLY.I AM EXCITED ABOUT THE FUTURE.I WANT TO GIVE MORE AND MORE.TO GIVE TO ANYONE AT ANY TIME ANY AMOUNT.BESIDES MONATARY BLESSINGS GOD HAS BLESSED US IN ALL AREAS OF OUR LIVES.FAMILY HAS BEEN SAVED AND HEALED.AND THERES ALOT MORE WERE BELIEVING HIM FOR.FOR THE SAME MEASURE YOU GIVE IT WILL BE GIVEN UNTO YOU.
-----------------------------
I hope these tithing testimonys encourage you all.
Love Lilli
" I pass to you the torch that Christ once passed to me,others are still in the dark an need the light to see"
Slide

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good post Lilli.

This is something that has been on my mind a great deal.

I have, and will continue to send donations or a portion of my thithe to the THC Ministry - Hawaii.

I do this for a couple of reasons.

Roger is fighting a battle few have the courage to approach as he has. He is fighting a battle that I believe needs to be fought. He is fighting for what is right and just.

The 2nd reason I contribute is if I am sincere in my belief, the belief that cannabis was given to me by my God, and I am sincere in believing that my religion didctates the use of canabis I need to demonstrate that sincerity in as many ways as I can.

The third reason is battles cost money. Roger helping people in his state and other parts of the country cost money.

My small contribution may not make a difference but maybe it will.

I am not judging anyone with this statement. But, if all I do is sign up, never contribute, never do anything but take sacrament....well let's just say I feel called to do more than that.

It is not he amount of money you give. Every penny is a sacrifice for all of us.

On Roger's sight there are donation buttons starting at $20.00. If you feeel called to support the ministry use the buttton. If $20.00 is out of range drop a few dollars in an envelope and mail it to the ministry. You can also send what every amount you want by going directly to paypal.

I have spoken to Roger once. He is an awesome man. He thanked me for my contributions and was very grateful. But you know what? He would help us all regardless of our contributions.

This is what I am led to do. It may not be what you are lead to do.

Blessings to each and every one of you.

Lilli, if you would be so kind please quote the scripture about the widows gift and how it was revered over the wealthy mans gift.
Lilli

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slide you are just precious. Thank you for the sincere response. Yes its time we all put our moneys where our mouths are and help pay our minister so that he can continue in the fine manner he has. The work he does for us is priceless and beneficial to us all and yet we get a bigger bonus in doing this as God himself is going to open up the blessings to pour upon us. Im gonna look thru the scipts and find that scripture for you. Peace Slide and
Happy Easter Everyone Today the day our Christ rose from the dead. Hallelujah thank you for your loving gift of Jesus Father. We Praise you.
thank you for your awesome love towards us And dearest Jesus thank you for your fortitude and holiness in which the promise of life eternal you handed to all of us on this day so long ago. I am sorry they hurt you so badly Lord but I am thankful you thought we were worthy. Halllelujah
You rose to GLORY and POWER Thank you Jesus for extending to us the POWER to use your name amen an Halllelujah
Slide

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 10:24 pm    Post subject: Found it Reply with quote

Mark 12 : 41-44

The Widow's Offering

41Jesus sat down opposite the place where the offerings were put and watched the crowd putting their money into the temple treasury. Many rich people threw in large amounts. 42But a poor widow came and put in two very small copper coins,[10] worth only a fraction of a penny.[11]
43Calling his disciples to him, Jesus said, "I tell you the truth, this poor widow has put more into the treasury than all the others. 44They all gave out of their wealth; but she, out of her poverty, put in everything--all she had to live on."

Jesus was honoring the sacrifice of a small amount to most over a larger amount that the wealthy gave. We are not called to give all we have to live on. For what we have been given, what we are called to give is small.

Sometimes the sacrifice is time, effort, kindness and concern. A sacrifice that involves giving of ourselves to better someones life. Sometimes the sacrifice is money. But a sacrifice does involve giving up something I think.

Sincereity of belief calls for sacrifice from the believers. Being able to demonstrate this in some means would, I think, would go a long way toward meeting some of the requirements for a legal defense.

But that should not be the motive for giving. The motive should be in the belief that the cause is true and righteous.

My beliefs call me to give a portion of my earnings. My tithe or offering as well as my support.

Faith without deeds and deeds without faith are not enough. We must have faith and deeds.

My small sacrifice through giving is insignificant to the sacrifice some of you, and especially Roger, are making. As I said earlier, I feel called to contribute. It is the least I can do. I am trying to find additional ways to serve. I serve in small ways at the church where I attend to hear the word of God.

If I were able I would meet with Roger or Lilli.

So much more has been done for me through God's blessing and the sacrifice he gave me through his son's death and his victory over death. It is HIS sacrifice and victory which has insured my victory over death and the forgiveness of my many failings.

Thank you all.

May you all be blessed. Respect and love to all.
Lilli

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am haopy to report that in just making the decision to tithe I was able to see some financial blessings and was able to send off not only tithes for a month but some extra as offering as well. It works friends. It really does.
Love Lilli
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: