THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index
Festival of Peace! London, July 25th 2004

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Events and festivities
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ferre
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 3:27 am    Post subject: Festival of Peace! London, July 25th 2004 Reply with quote

I just found it, London anyone? Very Happy

http://www.festivalofpeace.net/

Quote:
LONDON’S FESTIVAL OF PEACE

SUNDAY JULY 25th- THE DAY OUT OF TIME
AT
‘LONDON’S ONLY LIGHTHOUSE’
TRINITY BUOY WHARF
64 Orchard Place - London E14 0JW

Indoors and outdoors on the River Thames.
An all day, all night event.

The Festival Of Peace is London’s first peace event dedicated to the idea of peace as culture. That is, as a positive force in the world that unites and harmonises people so we can live together peacefully.

The Festival, which will happen on Sunday July 25th, is part of a worldwide celebration called the Day Out Of Time. The Day Out Of Time asks us to stop the world just for a day so that we can experience being together in a spirit of forgiveness and celebration. This year there will be over 500 different events in 35 countries. The Day Out Of Time is celebrated as a national holiday in several countries including Japan and Brazil.

The Festival is located in a beautiful riverside venue on the North side of the Thames opposite the infamous Greenwich Dome at Trinity Buoy Wharf, the site of London’s only Lighthouse- a perfect metaphor for the Festival bringing light to London!

The event begins at 11am with a boundary dissolving ceremony led by Roy Littlesun, internationally recognised creator of medicine wheels and student of Hopi Grandfather Titus. There will a large indoor space with inspirational speakers, poets and performers interspersed with beautiful music from artists like Bliss and Molnia during the day. Outside on the riverside there will be a 17m geodesic dome which will house an acoustic music space, with art, healing and performance. There will also be a ‘peaceful culture bazaar’ with information and craft stalls along the river front and healthy, organic vegetarian and live food for sale. For families, there will be a ‘cosmic kidz’ zone.

In the evening the event will transform into the ‘Concert for Peace’ with a great selection of live music from African drummers, Brazilian world music, psychedelic dub, conscious funk,

The culmination of the celebration invites guests to ‘Dance for Peace’ to integrate the days energies into a huge interactive participatory event featuring incredible projections, décor, lighting, video, performance art and the best of contemporary dance music served up on 40k sound system for those wishing to party for peace until the early hours of the morning.

‘Festival of Peace’ encourage guests to leave their car and use the D.L.R to travel to the Lighthouse and to make the morning journey home safe and easy they have extended the licence to 6am to avoid any problems with transport.

Tickets are on sale at various ticket outlets including ‘The Dream Temple’ in the Stables Market, Camden and ‘Access all Areas’, 117 Kentish Town Rd. They are priced at just £13 for the whole day provided you get them in advance. There are just 2500 available. A booking fee may apply.

This is an alcohol free event. The Festival Of Peace is a not for profit event dedicated to creating a culture of peace.

For more information contact the Festival Of Peace at-
www.festivalofpeace.net

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Echo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! I'll pack the car with the children and we'll get there. It's twenty minutes drive from here in good traffic conditions Cool

I'll report back
'You, your joys and your sorrows, your memories and your ambitions, your sense of personal identity and free will, are in fact no more than the behaviour of a vast assembly of nerve cells and their associated molecules,' Francis Crick (1916~2004)

Kent THC Ministry
Echo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

London and 34 more cities around the world seem to have joined the event organized by the "Planet Art Network and the World 13 Moon Calendar Change Peace Movement". My family and I have been to the London site today. If you have been to the event yoursef, more reports on the subject welcome Exclamation

Parked the car in Greenwich, a quick stroll through the Greenwich market and docks (I simply love Greenwich Village) and then off to East India at TRINITY BUOY WHARF, the only Lighthouse in London, by riding the Docklands Railway from "Cutty Sack Station". If you know London, you know what I am talking about. If not, just dream of a roller coaster through the city and you won't be far off.

The festival was free for children and 13 Pounds for grown ups. 20 Pounds after 6pm I understand. In return

GROWN UPS GOT THIS

mum's wrist Wink

and

KIDS GOT THIS

My children's fists Cool

The stamp would give us the chance to go in and out any time, all day and all night. Unfortunately I have to work tomorrow and couldn't stay there at night . I wish I could.

There were colourful people. Do I see a Druid there? Correct me if I a wrong, but the sword and all...
Funny that all our bags were checked for weapons and our friend could freely carry a sword Cool

OUR FRIEND CARRING A SWORD

But we were all there in name of peace

This out of focus guy was singing "Cannabis Sativa" song. Nice song, nice guy, trippy pic. (no, simply BAD PIC)

Outside tents and other events. You could even get an energising massage to your head and enjoy the energetic cristals and stones.

There were some 2012 t-shirts on sale, to remind us of the big change bound to happen around that time, when we'll enter a new dimension

2012: MAYA CALENDER STOPS THERE

All shadowed by the infamous Millennium Dome

the building that was not wanted by the people but built with the money of the people and fallen bankrupt soon after.

Coming back... some more reason for concern

That seems not to be the cleanest area in London, but where else to rent a place to host so many people, that I am sure, are having a good time right now.

All the partecipants were given the "Thirteen Moon peace calender" about which I am going to talk soon.

All in all a nice afternoon Cool
'You, your joys and your sorrows, your memories and your ambitions, your sense of personal identity and free will, are in fact no more than the behaviour of a vast assembly of nerve cells and their associated molecules,' Francis Crick (1916~2004)

Kent THC Ministry
Echo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the Thirteen Moon Peace Calendar

Quote:
One Earth, one People, one Time
Blue Crystal Storm Year
Year of the Great calendar change
July 26 2004 - July 25th 2005
This Harmonic Standard grants you safe passage into Earth imaginal Realm: the 7 Rings of Middle Time !

The calendar is enriched with symbols, a combination of 13 tones and 20 seals. I understand they have a strong connection with Mayan conception of the world.

The calendar cover:

If you wish to receive a scanned copy of the calendar's 30 pages, PM me and you'll get one.
Have a peaceful time,

Echo

Kent THC Ministry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Events and festivities All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: