THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index
AustraliaBasqueBulgariaCanadaChinaEgyptFranceGreeceIcelandIndiaIndonesiaIrelandJamaicaJapanJordanLatviaMexicoNetherlandsNew Zealand
NorwaySpainPakistanLebanonPeruPolandPeurto RicoRomaniaRussiaSingaporeSouth AfricaSudanSwedenThailandTurkeyUnited KingdomUSAUzbekistan
Excerpts from President George Bush's remarks to AABD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> The 'War on Drugs'
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ferre
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:01 pm    Post subject: Excerpts from President George Bush's remarks to AABD Reply with quote

Quote:
Excerpts from President George Bush's remarks to the American Association of Bourbon Distillers (AABD) on the occasion of raising funds for the new national D.A.R.E. program- Frankfort, Kentucky

December 1, 2002

I want to thank you all for inviting me to come to the beautiful blue mountains of Kentucky to speak on a subject close to my heart and family. That subject is drug abuse, an insidious evil sapping the will of the nation and making us weak in the face of our enemies.

Generation Y is using X and H and the Lord knows what other letters. The worst of these letters is marijuana. It is now a known scientific fact that the use of marijuana causes depression, schizophrenia, learning disabilities, impotence, and many other health problems too numerous to list.

Some nations, who seem to have lost the will to survive as free peoples, are flirting with reducing penalties for marijuana or even using it as some form of medicine. Our culture, our values, our churches, and our schools are under attack from those who seem to have lost direction in life.

Against the terrible menace of marijuana we have one ally and friend that is beyond belief. That friend is D.A.R.E. These fine people are in the front lines of homeland security as they teach our children to say no. No to drugs, no to cigarettes, no to terrorism, no to tattoos, no to sex, and just plain no. They are also teaching our children to say yes. Yes to the flag, yes to God, yes to country, and yes to the Republican Party. It's good to learn to say yes and no.

Recently, D.A.R.E. sponsored an essay contest for elementary school children. The children were asked about why they would say no to marijuana. Well, after being properly instructed, the kids just dove into this assignment and I've brought you the national winner from Greeley, Colorado (Emily stands for ovation while her essay is passed out).

Little Emily Beasley isn't confused or weak about marijuana. She loves her country and knows that no child who loves their country can do anything but hate marijuana and those terrorists who try to sell it to kids like her. One day Emily will be in the uniform of our military helping to fight the enemies of our country. If she gets sick she'll take drugs just like the rest of us. But she won't get sick because her will is strong and her values are right.

Emily believes what she does because of the ceaseless efforts of D.A.R.E. to properly train her mind. She hasn't drifted away to peer pressure to use marijuana, eat vegetarian foods, and march in peace rallies. Emily won't go to college wondering about her identity and purpose. In fact she won't wonder at all.

Let's all do what we can and must to provide D.A.R.E. with the financial and spiritual support they so deserve. We can start this very evening with our auction. I'm going to turn the podium over now to Mr. Evan Williams who will start the auction with his own hand crafted single barrel bourbon aged 30 years and weighing in at an honest 134 proof. Following the auction there will be a candle tour of the Markers Mark distillery in nearby Loretto with free samples of their famous handcrafted whiskey, Thank you and God bless America.

I'll take the Red White and Blue over Mary Jane Green Any day!

By Emily Beasley
Age 10
Thatcher Elementary School
Greeley, Colorado

When my teacher, Miss Troutwine and our wonderful D.A.R.E. Officer, Sgt. Buttons, asked the class to write about why we should just say no to marijuana, I couldn't wait to take pen to paper.

My theme is the Red White and Blue beats green hands down! I mean, look, green is a pukey color and very gay. Now, Red is the color of our new Ford Expedition and Blue is the color of our beautiful Colorado skies, and White, well, hey, I'm white! Would you like me if I was green? I don't think so.

In class we learned all the latest science stuff about how marijuana makes you stupid. Jimmy Carlson's older brother Harold uses marijuana and he is really stupid. He just got married and according to Sgt. Buttons, Harold won't be able to have children because he's been smoking that stuff. Either that or the kids will be really dumb or funny looking. Jimmy says that Harold needs the marijuana because his leukemia pills make him so sick but Sgt. Buttons says that Harold is probably some kind of dealer.

I'm going to get married when I grow up and have beautiful smart children. I'm going to have a uniform just like Sgt. Buttons and help save kids from those crazy terrorists in Columbia that sell pot. Maybe Mom and Dad will let me join the Army when I'm older so I can really help.

Now, some kids might think that Mary Jane is fun but I don't. When I grow up I'll have lots of fun but it will be healthy fun like eating a big cheese burger, or drinking a Budweiser like Dad, or going to the mall. Like Miss Troutwine says, "It's better to go fly a kite than be high as one". And if I get sick (like Harold says he) is I'll just take the pills my doctor gives me like all the pills Mom takes. She forgets sometimes how many pills she's supposed to take. Why don't they make them in more different colors? We had to go to the hospital with Mom last week because everyone forgot how many pills she was supposed to take. Maybe mommy took too many but she's fine even if she looked pretty funny with all of those tubes sticking in her.

Sgt. Buttons says that smoking marijuana disrespects our flag. He says it makes our flag dirty. I don't want a dirty flag, do you? We have lots of flags. We have one on the car antennae just above the Jack in the Box guy and we have one great big one that we fly outside all the time and even little ones that you can wear on your clothes. Having clean flags tells everyone that you're good and then they'll like you.

Finally, I don't want to grow up to be a schizophrenic (you know two
personalities) because of smoking marijuana. Sgt. Buttons says that people go crazy when they do marijuana and get in all kinds of trouble like accidentally shooting their friends with Dad's gun, blowing up the school, or stuff like that. I'm going to grow up with lots of Red, White, and Blue and no green at all except for a really big lawn in my new house and maybe our Christmas tree.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
HvyFuel
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to quote bits out of that but there's just too much.

What a well educated balanced child. I'll bet Mr Bush wishes all of America's children were educated this way, and I bet he's working on it too.

peace Smile
Echo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shouldn't this be moved to the Jokes, games and funnies forum?

If that really happened... if that really happens those children are in danger...

Echo

'You, your joys and your sorrows, your memories and your ambitions, your sense of personal identity and free will, are in fact no more than the behaviour of a vast assembly of nerve cells and their associated molecules,' Francis Crick (1916~2004)

Kent THC Ministry
Ferre

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I see it, all American people are in danger...and their culture and freedom. Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Romadon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 5:38 pm    Post subject: Joke Or No Joke Reply with quote

Arrow

Terrapin Hollow Conservatory

Last edited by Romadon on Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Rev. Chazman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad

Peace
THC-Ministry "we use Cannabis religiously and you can to" http://www.thc-ministry.org/
Take nothing but memories, Leave nothing but footprints.
CDXX Peace Time IV:XX ** Rev.Chazman-Cannabis Sacrament Minister
Romadon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrow

Last edited by Romadon on Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:14 am; edited 2 times in total
Lilli

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats really sickening. To me thats not a well balanced child thats a brainwashed child thats going to grow up and loose her life in some stupid war thats just to benefit the presidential wallet.

Quote:
Jimmy Carlson's older brother Harold uses marijuana and he is really stupid.

Someone ought to call Colorado and look for the Carlsons and tell them Bush is using their family name in a slanderous letter from a little girl.

And isnt it just typical for Bush to be stroking the whiskey industry. Rolling Eyes
" I pass to you the torch that Christ once passed to me,others are still in the dark an need the light to see"
Rev. Rodger L. Poole

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There have been several of these floating around. I call them "Political Parables"...lol. This is just an extremely obvious attempt at satiristic propaganda, for the good of Anti-Bush democrats. This did not happen, I assure you. Cool
I have read several different types of these...theres one about a professor and a student arguing about God vs. Atheism, and other varying shades. I look at them like Fahrenheit 9/11... A satire under the guise of docmentary. Good entertainment, but take it with a grain of salt... Rolling Eyes

Rodger
Lilli

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank goodness.
" I pass to you the torch that Christ once passed to me,others are still in the dark an need the light to see"
HvyFuel

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Good entertainment, but take it with a grain of salt...

Rather like anything that comes out of GW's mouth.

peace Smile
sibannac

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the biggest problems we have as cannabis users is the fact that far to many of our young are taking drugs and far to many taking cannabis. If we are to be seen as grown up and above all sensible then its time we made it clear we want a minimum age to anyone using cannabis, i have always proposed 25yrs old but as a realist 21yrs would probably be more exceptable, to a wider populace.
But as leaders they also need to be realist enough to know the supposed war on drugs is a joke unless you're the one getting your collar felt.
Legalise and regulate and regulate strictly with BIG sentences for those that sold/ got hold of any drugs for a minor.
The way forward in any open society is first to be open i personally dont agree with any findings that say cannabis is a gateway drug the drug dealer is the gateway so take the herb away from the dealer.
They should stop confusing soapbar resin as cannabis its not its heroin or crack polythene engine oil all manner of rubbish thrown together to make someone money gone are the days of lebenese or turkish or red seal gold seal double zero rocky and nepalese. To name but a few.
In a nutshell they should be honest, and those who get into trouble because thats the person they are should stop blaming cannabis we have a wave of it in the uk blame everything you do wrong in life as the fault of cannabis.
On a lighter note dig the dancing bannana

banana
Romadon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrow

Last edited by Romadon on Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:14 am; edited 1 time in total
sibannac

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Romadon wrote:
I thought most of the dealers '''are''' children who are supplying most of the old foggies. Confused Razz Rolling Eyes Laughing

They were on the recent pro cannabis rally held in london which is ONE of the reasons i for one will not attend again!!That and the amount of drunkeness!
pssssssst are you saying the world might not be flat? thats it i'm staying on me hands and knees from now on lol.
Peace. banana party
Romadon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrow

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> The 'War on Drugs' All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: