THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index
AustraliaBasqueBulgariaCanadaChinaEgyptFranceGreeceIcelandIndiaIndonesiaIrelandJamaicaJapanJordanLatviaMexicoNetherlandsNew Zealand
NorwaySpainPakistanLebanonPeruPolandPeurto RicoRomaniaRussiaSingaporeSouth AfricaSudanSwedenThailandTurkeyUnited KingdomUSAUzbekistan
Easter: sex and drugs celebration!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Cannabis, Religion and History
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ferre
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 12:00 am    Post subject: Easter: sex and drugs celebration! Reply with quote

Quote:
by Reverend Damuzi
(10 May, 2004)

Magical plants and ritual sex are at the heart of this ancient fertility ritual.

The celebration we know as Easter dates back long before the time of Christ, and has its origins in traditions that involved ritualized sex and consumption of a wide variety of potent psychedelics and aphrodisiacs, including marijuana.

Incubated deep in prehistory, Easter developed through centuries of spring fertility festivals in ancient Sumeria, Babylon, Egypt, Greece, pagan Europe and Christian Rome, to become the fractured mass of a resurrected god and egg-laying chocolate rabbit that we know today.

The most recognizable trail of the modern Easter Bunny leads from pre-Christian Germanic peoples, who worshiped the love and fertility goddess Ostara. Ostara was revered in many cultures under many different names, including Astarte, Esther, Ishtar and Eastre. She is the source of the name "Easter" as well as words like "estrogen." We get the story about the egg-laying rabbit from Ostara, as legend has it that Ostara changed her pet bird into a magical hare which laid eggs for children during her festival.

According to exhaustive research by German entheobotanist Christian Ratsch in his book Marijuana Medicine, Ostara's spring worship involved the sacrifice, roasting and consumption of a sacred hare, quaffed down with hemp beers, followed by public, collective lovemaking. The Germanic fertility goddess Freya was similarly honored with cannabis as a sacrament.

Cannabis, eggs and fertility were closely associated among Germanic pagans. Ratsch discovered that the hardy Nordic peoples would feed cannabis seeds to hens, so that they could lay eggs through the long winter season. As spring equinox approached, they would use stalks of the plant as arrows to "shoot away winter," ushering in a season of verdant growth and urgent lovemaking.

Cannabis orgies in celebration of Ostara were eventually outlawed by the Catholic Church. Pagan sacraments like hemp beer fell victim to secular laws, like the Bavarian Purity Act of 1516, which outlawed beer made from anything but hops and barley. Only the sacred hare survived, transformed into a chocolaty economic opportunity for candy makers and dentists.

Read full article here:
http://www.cannabisculture.com/articles/3352.html

Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lilli
Banned

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing
PotSmokingFiend

Location: On a small blue/green planet in one of the outer spiral arms of a Galaxy called 'The Milky Way'.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool! good find. Laughing Laughing
Nikion
regular contributor
regular contributor

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im starting to like easter finally lol...
Birben
getting into high spirits
getting into high spirits

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

interesting ... thk you Very Happy
casketfour
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wouldn't this be sinful in the eyes of the bible isn't this fornification???

I apologize for not introducint myself first, my name is kristopher and i've had an overwelming first day, my mind is so confused right now
Kate

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not in the eyes of the Bible-because it is a book-
more so with society--in the Old Testament it says that if two people live together as man and wife for a certain amt. of years they are married in the eyes of the Lord. ( so i was told by a minister of an est. church)
for those of us who don't marry in the eyes of the church, it know it as common-law marriage.
Fyrefly1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
not in the eyes of the Bible-because it is a book-

Good one Kate...... Laughing

"ye that have eyes to see and ears to hear..."
Fyrefly1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I apologize for not introducint myself first, my name is kristopher and i've had an overwelming first day, my mind is so confused right now

Well, hello Kristopher and welcome to the forum...where like minded individuals gather to praise the Lord and discuss the God-given creation called Cannabis....

Sometimes confusion reigns supreme at my house, too.

No worries, just pull up a chair and have a little hit...
Romadon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Incubated deep in prehistory, Easter developed through centuries of spring fertility festivals in ancient Sumeria, Babylon, Egypt, Greece, pagan Europe and Christian Rome, to become the fractured mass of a resurrected god and egg-laying chocolate rabbit that we know today.

Huh??? Confused Confused Confused Laughing

A subsidiary of Terrafirma Hollowed by Cannabis, Inc.
casketfour

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you fyrefly

(i like your sn) in jersey i loved fireflys in the summer

i have so many questions right now my mind is so bombed out with frustration

for a longtime i think i was faithless but after meeting new friends this year and sharing some almost ritualistic smoking sessions that involved ambient music and long car rides through open plains and taking photos of everything around me i have a new found appreciating for the creation known as life

however i suffer from numerous mental diseases as a part of my past

it seems from what i have discovered that they control my mind and have me locked into a certain way of living where as everything is negative as the 'norm' (could this be considered evil's influence or satan having control of my mind???)

in order to reverse this effect that my mind has over my entire way of life ( which i believe is due to bi-polar) i smoke cannabis

through this i've also discovered i can do some pretty incredible things

cannabis takes my life and allows me to think positivly i cann see how i hurt and i know how to heal myself it has led my body to grow physically and spiritualy i believe

when under the influence of cannabis i apparently (while wide awake) can put myself into a what i'm assuming is a 'lucid dream' i say while wide awake because in order to go into this dreamworld all i have to do is put music into my ears and close my eyelids (dark room help matters imensly) and voila i'm an infinite amount of distance away from anything, i've never tried but i believe in my heart that i may be able to take (through physical touch) someone with me where ever i go as long as they partake with the same strategy (ie the same music i hear, closed eyes, steady breathing etc..)

i've been doing this for quite sometime but only now started to look into it as this is the third timem i've moved in the last two months (by myself), i've moving for my third time in less than 9 hours to go back to the state where i originally came from where my friends are,

i guess i have a few questions, one if anyone can help me as to what these experiences i have are (if they are infact lucid dreams) or just hallucinations (because i have other things ...more serious thigns that have happened to me during them and i don't know how to react to it)

2) i'm just starting with religion in my life as a serious practice and i'm wondering what it takes to be a serious follower of it, i used to consume alchol once in a while when going out with friends (is this sinful) what are really sins and do they hold certain merrits I don't know if i should confess sins before i try and go to a church or what

it's been quite sometime since i've been to a church, I feel closer to god when i'm under the influence of cannabis i can state that right now, however when I don't have it and I go back into a slump (which can happen very very quickly) I do not feel close to god at all.

please help my troubled thoughts and mind

kristopher
Ferre

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you are closer to God than you have ever been I guess.
Welcome at our ministry brother. wavey
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lilli
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I don't know if i should confess sins before i try and go to a church or what

The bible says if you want to confess your sins Jesus is the only intercessor you need. The bible doesnt require you to go thru a Priest or Minister.

Welcome to the ministry, were here to help. God Bless
casketfour

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the welcome Ferre and lilli
Fyrefly1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Romadan,

Quote:
to become the fractured mass of a resurrected god and egg-laying chocolate rabbit that we know today.

I think this is meant to say 'fractured mess of a resurrected God'...

That way, if you split the phrase into two parts it becomes: 'the fractured mess of' and 'a resurrected God (Jesus) and egg laying chocolate rabbit'...

That seems like what it means to me.... Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Cannabis, Religion and History All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: