THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index
AustraliaBasqueBulgariaCanadaChinaEgyptFranceGreeceIcelandIndiaIndonesiaIrelandJamaicaJapanJordanLatviaMexicoNetherlandsNew Zealand
NorwaySpainPakistanLebanonPeruPolandPeurto RicoRomaniaRussiaSingaporeSouth AfricaSudanSwedenThailandTurkeyUnited KingdomUSAUzbekistan
Did Jesus Use Cannabis?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Cannabis, Religion and History
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mystic Power
admin THC-Ministry YahooGroup
admin THC-Ministry YahooGroup

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 3:05 pm    Post subject: Re: "Thank cannabis for that!" Reply with quote

RogerChristie wrote:

Does anyone know where the word, 'pentecostal' comes from? What's its root? It sounds a bit like pentagram or pentagon. Origins of words can be really valuable in understanding their meaning today.

Hi Roger...

Pentecost comes from the Greek pentekost, meaning fiftieth. It was a Jewish celebration 50 days after passover and something of a big deal. On that day, Jesus' followers sort of "came out of the closet" so to speak. It's recorded in the Book of Acts, chapter 2.

Pentacostals take their name from the events of that day.

And for Smoke Rings, let me also congratulate you on your climb to mental and spiritual freedom. I grew up in a church which, although not Pentacostal, was very restrictive and guilt laden. I know how hard it is to free one's mind and spirit from that particular prison...but to know freedom rather than guilt and fear is a real blessing, isn't it?

Follow Your Bliss,
Ben Power
Smoke_Rings
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank You Mystic,

Yes guilt is as a prison, by which many are held captive against their will. For Ignorance is guilt's cousin (so to speak). It is great to have support from people like yourself, Pepper,Roger, Ferre, Lille, and Ramadon and all the members of THC-Ministrty. I love you all and wish you nothing but prosperity, good health and a good supply of Cannabis, always.

Smoke_Rings
"Prohibition...goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded."

Abraham Lincoln December, 1840

If Cannabis is illegal, then God must be the biggest criminal of all. Smoke_Rings 2004
Romadon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Smoke_Rings,

I struggle with a shitload of guilt on a daily basis but none associated with Cannabis. I also need to say I have not partaken of any of the same in any form since about 4 years ago. I personally have had some very bad experiences with Cannabis but in no way did I ever blame the herb itself for any of them I only felt that God was working to level out my karma or something.

Even then I never connected any guilt I was feeling to the Herb itself but only felt that I was being forced to deal with the multitude of sins which I had piled up and could no longer ignore while under the influence of the Holy Herb. I guess it's like The Steve Miller Band once said in one of their songs, "Sometimes you have to go though Hell before you get to Heaven".

A subsidiary of Terrafirma Hollowed by Cannabis, Inc.

Last edited by Romadon on Thu Oct 14, 2004 5:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Fyrefly1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pentecostals typically believe in and use the 'gifts of the spirit' made manifest from God on that fiftieth day after the ascension: the gift of prophecy, speaking in tongues, etc. were bestowed on the disciples as they gathered in secret (because they were afraid of the authorities who were persecuting them). After this event they were emboldened to go out and preach Christ crucified.
Smoke_Rings

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That about sums it up in a nut shell Fyrefly1. I believe and am baptised in the HolyGhost speaking in other tounges and will always be. I just left behind mens religious Idea's of what I should be and what God tells me.

I believe very much that God created all things to be injoyed and used, and we are to be thankful. Cannabis is special and one of the most useful plants on the planet. I can't see how people can shut their minds to Cannabis's usefullness because cause of a man who used racism to have Cannabis made illegal. Put men in fear of thier ( White) woman having relations with Negro's Hispanics, Asians, Jazz, swing musicians including entertainers.

That would be a beautifull presentation in a court with a multy cultural jury why Cannabis was outlawed. That is the most terrable thing I ever heard. If that dont out rage citizens then I dont know what would.

How many People are suffering unjustly. Their are many people that need the benifits Cannabis contains.

One night I was up late and caught a documentry on Marijuanna's History. I sad there in disbeliefe of what I was seeing and hearing. I truly cant understand how closed minded our goverment can be not taken into account how and Why Cannabis was made illegal in the eyes of the law.

Thank God for THC-Ministry, and all other Cannabis friendly organazations that are helping preserve our heritage given to us by men and woman who lost thier life for this great country and in the Name of FREEDOM.

Lets not thier blood be in vain, and let us pass on the education we have recieved from THC-Ministry for a better tomorrow and for our childrens future's.

I never considered my self an activist, I do believe in standing up for what is right. And our goverment need's to reconsider its position on legalising Cannbis.

Smoke_Rings
"Prohibition...goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded."

Abraham Lincoln December, 1840

If Cannabis is illegal, then God must be the biggest criminal of all. Smoke_Rings 2004
Fyrefly1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amen Smoke and mirrors!

It is a travesty that humble God-fearing men and women are still being persecuted in the name of 'Christianity'...makes one wonder just how enlightened we really are. ;<)
Certainly not the Christianity I know, where people honor and respect one anothers' beliefs and forgive eachother 70 times 7 times.
We shall soon return to an ideology of love and respect for all men/women kind.....
The GCW

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 1:11 pm    Post subject: Jesus used cannabis or He is not the Christ. Reply with quote

Jesus used cannabis or He is not the Christ.

Freed7 put up a post worth looking at very closely.

The 1st topic posting / the topic opening, is rather long but kind of in 2 sections. The 1st section is CANNABIS HEMP IN HISTORY, and under that is especially worth seeing for all here at THC Ministries, subtitled; BIBLICAL REFERENCES: and on… Take a look at what this guy has done to help bring this together.

To help, with this original post question…

Here is a link to what was the Christians for Cannabis original forum.

First click: http://drugsense.org/html/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewforum&f=16

Then click: Jesus used cannabis or He is not the Christ. (Read freed7’s, 2nd half of His original post on page 1)
http://drugsense.org/html/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=219&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
roney

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just read what he had to say GWC..wonderful stuff. thanks
Psalm 104:14
Rev. Rodger L. Poole

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pentecost:

From the Greek word meaning 50. It is the 50th day after Passover. On this occasion the Holy Spirit appeared in the form of tongues of fire above the head of the disciples after the death of Christ.

This is only one interpretation, but I think it explains its root well...
markcovalt

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 1:31 am    Post subject: Smoke Rings & Religion Reply with quote

The fact that God gave this herb to us has saved my life. Genesis 1:29
aeroplane

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Smoke Rings,

I've read a lot of your postings here, but I think this is the first time I've replied to one. As an ex-Catholic, I realize that guilt is someone else's shame they have tried to impose on you. (BTW- I think Catholisism and Judiasm are the 2 most guilt provoking religions in the world). My 6 siblings have all converted to Pentacostalism.

I had a close encounter with Death a little more than a year ago and one of the first things I did after I recovered was to rid myself of my bibles since what I experienced was never addressed by the book. It has been very liberating from the guilt and superstition and has been mind-opening like taking a mescaline voyage.

On the other hand, I have read before about Jesus and Buddha using marijuana, among other herbals, to achieve Divinity.

Might I also add that when you feel the guilt coming on, ask yourself, "Why am I feeling this?" Find the root of your guilt and you will conquer it like a warrior.

Follow your bliss and bliss on. Smile
simon_marklar

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 4:06 am    Post subject: Re: Did Jesus Use Cannabis? Reply with quote

Smoke_Rings wrote:
Oh Yea (P.S.) A Revelation I Had Just a few days ago was that a cannabis leaf has 7 points on the tips of the Leaf Right? Well seven In the Holy Bible means.....PerFection! and/or Complete!

this line inspired the following thought :

(an adaptation of the axiom of maria)

when it pops up there is 1 shoot. (all that is)
from this 1 comes 2 leaves (the first word)
from these 2 leaves come the 3rd (3 fingered leaves) (balance)
and finally, from these 3 comes the 4th (flowers) (4 elements to produce the hidden 5th element)
which is capable of producing the 5th (thc) (5 = man, thc made for man, 5 also = quintessance)
the 6thlevel is skipped (eeeeviiiil)
and finally, the 7th is made (plant perfection signified by the 7 fingered leaves)

%simon
Rev. Chazman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, the good ol' days of reading Jung...

Peace
I praise good thoughts, good words, and good deeds and those that are to be thought, spoken, and done. I do accept all good thoughts, good words, and good deeds. I do renounce all evil thoughts, evil words, and evil deeds. ---Avesta: Yasna
---------------------------------------------------
Future Servant of Cannatopia ©2004 - ∞ Rev. Chazman all rights reserved
The Moose

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:10 am    Post subject: again and again Reply with quote

Pentecost (Shavuos) is a feast of the Jews, celebrated on the 50th day after Passover. (Christ was executed on the Passover.) The word Pentecost is of Greek origin (pentekoste hemera) and translates into "fiftieth Day." After the crucificion of Christ, at the time of pentecost the Holy Spirit of God came upon the followers like a fire and they were able to speak to all the people of all the nations that were in Jerusalem for the Pentecost in their native tongues and testify to the truth of Jesus.

The Pentecostal church takes its name from that event because of their emphasis on speaking in tongues and the gifts of the Holy Spirit.

I too have been annointed as a Pastor. I do not practice it now. I teach English.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Cannabis, Religion and History All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: