THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index
Department Of Justice Religious Freedom Seminar

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Testimonials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
reverendquenzer
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 6:57 am    Post subject: Department Of Justice Religious Freedom Seminar Reply with quote

Brothers and sisters,
Last thursday I had the opportunity to attend a seminar on Religious Freedoms hosted by the Department of Justice. I went to this seminar and heard them speaking of the different religious descrimination cases that they have handled in the past 5 years. Their main focus' were The Religious Freedom Restoration Act and The Religous Landuse and Institutionalised Persons Act. I asked a number of questions reguarding the portion that speaks of Sincere and Legitamate Religous Practices. I asked how any ministry could "prove" their legitimacy and was answered by the typical beating around the bush. Eric Treene answered that a simple statement of faith was typical. I also asked who if anyone was the judge of any religious practices sincerety and he said it depends on the situation and basically said that if you have any "alterior" motive then sincerety can be questioned. After the presentations and Q&A were done I personally went up and presented myself to Mr. Treene as Reverend Daniel Quenzer of the Hawaii Cannabis Ministry. I talked with him a little bit about how we need to work toward finding process for us to gain documented exemption for our religious practice. He tried to side step me and said that the situation is something outside of his range. I told him I didn't see how it was being as our members are being prosecuted for our religious practice, and that he himself said that their most common cases are reguarding sects or religions that are not so widely accepted and I was cut rather short. I am currently working on the wording to present our full intentions to him through e-mail presenting all of the legal precidents and other information that my studies have come up with. I know it is a hard shot but if we are able to get him moving in our direction he would be our closest link toward changing the DEA's outlook on ministries such as ours. It is still a work in progress but I feel this was a huge step in the right direction. I will keep everyone updated as things go. BLESS YOU ALL
David
Bard
Bard

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done Danny,

It kinda gives you tingles down the spine to hear such bravery and strength with a war on words.

I think you are an example that we could follow and have success!

They don't want to talk about it, but they have to with me, its tattooed on my face. roflol

Believe me, I now get respect for my love of the herb.
RogerChristie
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 8:52 am    Post subject: Congratulations Rev. Danny! Reply with quote

Hello Brother Danny and friends,

Aloha. Congratulations on your first THC Ministry mission! Job well done.

I really appreciate your willingness to serve the cause of Cannabis liberty as a THC Ministry Practitioner, and to deliver our message in person to where it can do some good.

By appearing at the D.O.J. First Freedom Project seminar, publicly identifying yourself as a THC Ministry member, participating with good manners and respect, and then introducing yourself and shaking hands with the Administrator, you have accomplished something valuable for all of us. You have demonstrated our 'sincerity'. From this time onward, the Administrator of the D.O.J. First Freedom Project could conceivably be called as OUR witness in a court of law. And you have "memorialized" the event by writing and posting your testimony here. Nice work.

I wonder what their schedule is for visiting other cities? :-}

After the presentations and Q&A were done I personally went up and presented myself to Mr. Treene as Reverend Daniel Quenzer of the Hawaii Cannabis Ministry. I talked with him a little bit about how we need to work toward finding process for us to gain documented exemption for our religious practice. He tried to side step me and said that the situation is something outside of his range.

The process he referred to was recently offered in writing by the D.E.A. when they acknowledged the existence of a "religious exemption" to the Controlled Substances Act (C.S.A.) and the 50 questions they would like answered in order to get one.

I told him I didn't see how it was being as our members are being prosecuted for our religious practice, and that he himself said that their most common cases are reguarding sects or religions that are not so widely accepted and I was cut rather short.

* This is only partly true. We are being TOTALLY respected here at THC Ministry sanctuary headquarters in Hilo, Kingdom of Hawai'i. I love the freedom we have achieved and I sincerely appreciate all law enforcers who maintain a hands-off approach to our legitimate Cannabis ministry activities. Believe me, D.E.A. and all other law enforcers who care to look know exactly what we're doing here. Please don't complain to law enforcement for me! It's MUCH more effective to thank them - in advance - for respecting us.

Yes, we need to better develop our methods and upgrade our id cards and further the standard education of our members, but at this time we have very few cases of our members being arrested and/or prosecuted.

I am currently working on the wording to present our full intentions to him through e-mail presenting all of the legal precidents and other information that my studies have come up with.

* Brother Danny, thanks for your interest and your passion, but this is NOT part of your job. I support your continued and developing relationship with the D.O.J., but I request to see a 'draft' of any email that you want to send to them concerning the THC Ministry. This goes for ALL THC Ministry members. Mahalo plenty for your cooperation on this.

I know it is a hard shot but if we are able to get him moving in our direction he would be our closest link toward changing the DEA's outlook on ministries such as ours.

Your sincerity, respect and good manners already started the job! :-}
Well done.

All the very best to you!

Roger Christie, Founder

THC Ministry

@@@
Nachtschattenreich

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks as if the THC Ministry was disintegrating.

Who is doing what in whose name?
Slide

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did a post disappear? Could have sworn I had read something else after Roger's response but before Nachtschattenreich's post.
Grannymouse

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roger, what is my job? Were we assigned jobs and i missed it?

In any event, WAY TO GO REV Q!
prntrkmt

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grannymouse wrote:
Roger, what is my job? Were we assigned jobs and i missed it?

In any event, WAY TO GO REV Q!

I think you were assigned the job of "Grannymouse". Presumably you are doing the best possible of all jobs of being "Grannymouse".
reverendquenzer

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nachtschattenreich
This looks as if the THC Ministry was disintegrating.

Who is doing what in whose name?

What do you mean?
Nachtschattenreich

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reverendquenzer - I was referring to a post by David, in which he voiced harsh disagreement with Rogers demand to see your emails to the DOJ in advance.

What kindergarten is this, where regulars are censored?
reverendquenzer

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see.
prntrkmt

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nachtschattenreich wrote:
reverendquenzer - I was referring to a post by David, in which he voiced harsh disagreement with Rogers demand to see your emails to the DOJ in advance.

What kindergarten is this, where regulars are censored?

Unfortunately, any statements made by any individual to government officials can potentially be used in government proceedings, including criminal court cases.

While any person should be free AS AN INDIVIDUAL to sincerely hold any religious beliefs and the freedom to express those beliefs, there is huge potential for widespread harm as the result of statements made on behalf of the THC Ministry as a whole.

It makes sense for some central authority to coordinate the official statements of THC Ministry. And Roger seems to be the most obvious person to hold that position, even if there has never been an official announcement or election or proceedings to appoint him to the position.

And I am guessing that the statement made will only be better as the result of the recommendations from Roger's longterm successful experience dealing with government officials.
Mystic Power
admin THC-Ministry YahooGroup
admin THC-Ministry YahooGroup

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
And I am guessing that the statement made will only be better as the result of the recommendations from Roger's longterm successful experience dealing with government officials.

That's it in a nutshell.

In the past, there have been a few less-than-sterling letters sent -- to governmental agencies and newspapers -- by enthusiastic practitioners which appeared to speak, officially, for the Ministry.

Some were poorly written, poorly conceived and, frankly, quite illiterate.

And there were others. Anyone remember "Brother Patheticus"...? His personal predilections were of a "special" variety so unsavory that I'll not discuss them publicly in these forums....but they led to a mug-shot, a newspaper article and a potential embarrassment of the Ministry as a whole, had he not been sent packing from these quarters prior to the incident. Anyone could read between the lines of his posts and see that this guy was going to be trouble.

So Roger's request that such public communications in the name of the Ministry be vetted by him is not unreasonable in my opinion.

Follow Your Bliss,
Ben

"In Lak'ech"
~ Ancient Mayan: "I am another YOU." ~
reverendquenzer

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone is correct in saying that anything done in representation of our ministry needs to be screend by Our FOUNDER. The begining of our ministry must continue to be the Forefront. I myself was in close communication with Roger before going to this event and was very cautious in what was spoken between myself and Mr. Treene. I have and will continue to work with Roger in any of my actions representing our ministry. GOD BLESS
RogerChristie

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 11:29 am    Post subject: It's not a free-for-all Reply with quote

grannymouse wrote, "Roger, what is my job? Were we assigned jobs and i missed it?"

Hello grannymouse and others,

Aloha. I apologize that I didn't make the point clearer as we went along. Some of the comments above accurately represent my feelings on the issue at hand.

The THC Ministry has a structure in place for communicating with governent officials on matters of importance; I usually do it because I'm the one most responsible for the Ministry.

As much fun as a free-for-all might be here, I'm asking everyone to please refrain from making unauthorized, written statements to the police, or any law enforcement body speaking for the THC Ministry.

As we get better known we will eventually be approved by all 50 Attorney's General to provide THC Ministry services and sacraments wherever we feel the call.

More on the assigned jobs thing at later date. Mahalo for your understanding.

All the best to you,

Roger

@@@
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Testimonials All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: