THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index
AustraliaBasqueBulgariaCanadaChinaEgyptFranceGreeceIcelandIndiaIndonesiaIrelandJamaicaJapanJordanLatviaMexicoNetherlandsNew Zealand
NorwaySpainPakistanLebanonPeruPolandPeurto RicoRomaniaRussiaSingaporeSouth AfricaSudanSwedenThailandTurkeyUnited KingdomUSAUzbekistan
Corrupt Cops Storys

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> The 'War on Drugs'
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lilli
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 2:09 am    Post subject: Corrupt Cops Storys Reply with quote

Newsbrief: This Week's Corrupt Cops Story 2/13/04
A dishonorable mention goes to two suburban St. Louis cops, Patrick Redenbaugh and Jonathan Terris of the Bel-Ridge, Missouri, police department. They were arrested last week trying to buy an eightball worth of cocaine and now face charges of possession and attempted possession of a controlled substance.

But this week's winner is former Washington County, NC, Sheriff's Office investigator James Edward Leonard, 55. Leonard pleaded guilty in federal court February 3 to conspiracy to distribute and possession with intent to distribute more than 500 grams of cocaine.

According to court documents, in the summer of 2003 Leonard set up a deal to buy two kilos of cocaine. Unfortunately for him, his seller was a snitch, and he was arrested shortly after making the buy. Leonard also accepted $1,500 from the same informant as payment for providing information that could shield drug shipments from police.

He now faces a five-year mandatory minimum sentence, a maximum of 40 years, and a possible $2 million fine. He remains in custody pending a June 7 sentencing date at the federal courthouse in Greenville.

Leonard's former boss, Washington County Sheriff Stanley James, pronounced himself shocked. "He did not give me any suspicion that anything like this was going on," the sheriff said Tuesday. "It was totally, totally shocking and surprising. He was a hard, hard worker," James said.

Yeah, a real overachiever.
" I pass to you the torch that Christ once passed to me, others are still in the dark an need the light to see"
Lilli

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Newsbrief: This Week's Corrupt Cops Story 3/12/04
This feature has been on hiatus for the last couple of weeks, but that's not because all the crooked cops have suddenly gone straight. Making up for lost time, this week we note a pair of crack-slinging officers, but the prize goes to an FBI analyst who was helping out the wrong people.

First, the Rock Hill Herald reported on the March 2 arrest of South Carolina corrections officer Terrill Ambrose Banks for trafficking crack. Banks, whose day job was at the Catawba County Pre-Release Center, spent at least one night selling rocks to some folks who turned out to be the York County Multijurisdictional Drug Enforcement Unit. They busted him for selling 13.8 grams of the stuff and seized another six grams, $275 in cash and his $1,200 car. Clearly not a drug kingpin, Banks nonetheless deserves a mention.

Apparently a little further up the corruption food chain was Polk County, Florida, sheriff's deputy Roderick Myron Stevenson, 37, who was indicted on federal crack conspiracy charges in Gainesville on February 26. According to Orlando's WFTV 9, Stevenson was one of 39 people arrested after a jpint investigation by the DEA and the Florida Department of Law Enforcement. He faces charges involving more than 50 grams of crack cocaine, which carry mandatory minimum sentences of 10 years in federal prison.

But this week's winner is FBI legal technician Narissa Smalls, sent to federal prison for 12 months for turning over sensitive FBI files to acquaintances who were the subjects of federal drug investigations. The news came in a February 26 Justice Department announcement. Smalls was assigned to the Freedom of Information and Privacy Act Unit in FBI Headquarters, and her duties included searching Automated Case System (ACS) files in response to FOIA requests.

But Smalls, a Washington, DC, resident, used her access to conduct searches of the ACS to funnel information to drug investigation targets, she admitted as part of a plea bargain agreement. She told the court that between September and November 2002, she did unauthorized searches of the files, printed out the results, and took them home. She also admitted sharing the results of those searches with people she knew were under FBI investigation, and agreed to resign from the FBI.

It is unclear whether Smalls was corrupted by the allure of cash or the tug of personal loyalties. Some drug war opponents may even appreciate what she did. But from the law enforcement standpoint, it is clear that she was corrupted.

The examples of corruption are relatively small-scale this week. But the temptations the war on drugs presents law enforcement are just as corrosive at the retail level as they are at the wholesale.

-- END --
" I pass to you the torch that Christ once passed to me, others are still in the dark an need the light to see"
David
yes, I'm still here...
yes, I'm still here...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This makes me so mad

Can we all say a prayer for all the innoccent people at the hands of these animals,
We all know that there are so many of these corrupt police officers that all we can do is leave it up to God, and remember he has never let us down.

Lots of Love
David
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> The 'War on Drugs' All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: