THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index
AustraliaBasqueBulgariaCanadaChinaEgyptFranceGreeceIcelandIndiaIndonesiaIrelandJamaicaJapanJordanLatviaMexicoNetherlandsNew Zealand
NorwaySpainPakistanLebanonPeruPolandPeurto RicoRomaniaRussiaSingaporeSouth AfricaSudanSwedenThailandTurkeyUnited KingdomUSAUzbekistan
Chile's Avila Wants Marijuana Legalized.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> The 'War on Drugs'
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mystic Power
admin THC-Ministry YahooGroup
admin THC-Ministry YahooGroup

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 6:01 pm    Post subject: Chile's Avila Wants Marijuana Legalized. Reply with quote

FROM NARCOSPHERE

Six weeks ago, we reported on the setback by which the Chilean political system, through its dominant parties in Congress, blocked a Marijuana legalization bill sponsored by Senator Nelson Avila.

But often, when Power throws up one fence, it causes change agents to seek new paths, cut new holes in the wall, dig tunnels or leap higher than before. Such is the case in Chile where Avila announces his candidacy for the 2005 election for president of the nation.

La Tercera reports his stance in favor of legalizing the cultivation (not merely the possession) of Marijuana as first among his issues. Others include legalization of abortion and euthanasia, and in favor of Chile granting a seaport to landlocked Bolivia (which would resolve a hundred-plus-year-old conflict between the two nations that has fueled many of the rebellions in recent years in Bolivia).

In the coming weeks, Avila plans on crisscrossing the country, beginning in the indigenous lands of the Mapuche ethnic group, where indigenous leader Aucán Huilcamán Paillama is also expected to declare his candidacy for the presidency.

Avila told the news agency Las Ultimas Notícias that while his candidacy may well cause problems for his former center-left political party, Concertación, he expects it will "cause headaches for many" parties and politicians.

Perhaps they will at least be able to treat their headaches, in due time, with the five-leafed medicine that the colorful Senator seeks to legalize. As the campaign marches on, Narco News will be reporting its progress.

zombienote: Here is a politician who actually gets it right.
Lilli
Cannabis Sacrament Minister
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go CHILE Go
" I pass to you the torch that Christ once passed to me,others are still in the dark an need the light to see"
machete
Honourable member
Honourable member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few months ago, in the Narco News web was a post about someone who suposedly legalized marijuana in Ecuador, but not one person knows anything about it here, not even some reporters who suposedly search for true information. I hope what they say about Chile is true.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> The 'War on Drugs' All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: