THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index
AustraliaBasqueBulgariaCanadaChinaEgyptFranceGreeceIcelandIndiaIndonesiaIrelandJamaicaJapanJordanLatviaMexicoNetherlandsNew Zealand
NorwaySpainPakistanLebanonPeruPolandPeurto RicoRomaniaRussiaSingaporeSouth AfricaSudanSwedenThailandTurkeyUnited KingdomUSAUzbekistan
Central Conference of American Rabbis !!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> The 'War on Drugs'
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ferre
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 12:55 am    Post subject: Central Conference of American Rabbis !! Reply with quote

Quote:
Central Conference of American Rabbis
Most recent update 11 February 2004

http://www.ccarnet.org/

http://ccarnet.org/reso/
Resolutions Adopted by the CCAR

The resolutions adopted by the Central Conference of American Rabbis represent the evolutionary
changes in its stands on many political, social, economic, and humanitarian issues. Since its
inception in 1889, the Conference has not hesitated to speak out on issues of the widest scope and
significance, always seeking to elucidate current problems according to its interpretation of the
voice of prophetic Judaism.

Resolutions adopted between 1973 and the present are available verbatim and are indexed by
complete title. Resolutions adopted prior to 1973 (as well as those adopted in 1973-74) are
available in digest form as found in the document Resolutions of the Central Conference (see its
preface) and are indexed by topic.

http://www.ccarnet.org/cgi-bin/resodisp.pl?file=drugs&year=1993

Resolution Adopted by the CCAR

Drug Trade and Drug Legislation

Adopted by the 104th Annual Convention of
the Central Conference of American Rabbis
Montreal, Quebec, June 1993

WHEREAS, the overall situation regarding the use of drugs in our society and the crime and misery that accompanies it has continued to deteriorate for several decades, and

WHEREAS, our society has continued to attempt, at enormous financial cost, to resolve drug abuse problems through the criminal justice system, with the accompanying increases of prisons and numbers of inmates, and

WHEREAS, the huge untaxed revenues generated by the illicit drug trade are undermining legitimate governments world-wide, and

WHEREAS, the present system has spawned a cycle of hostility by the incarceration of disproportionate numbers of African-Americans, Hispanics, and other minority groups, and

WHEREAS, the number of people who have contracted AIDS, hepatitis, and other diseases from contaminated hypodermic needles is epidemic under our present system, and

WHEREAS, in our society's zeal to pursue our criminal approach, legitimate medical uses for the relief of pain and suffering of patients have been suppressed.

THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED, that our society must recognize drug use and abuse as the medical and social problems that they are and that they must be treated with medical and social solutions, and

BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that an objective commission be immediately empowered by Congress to recommend revision of the drug laws of the United States in order to reduce the harm our current policies are causing.

weldone weldone weldone weldone weldone weldone weldone weldone weldone weldone weldone weldone weldone weldone weldone weldone weldone weldone weldone weldone weldone
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rev. Chazman
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bravo! claps Thats a great addition to the possibility of a better future for us all. I just hope it does some good soon. Thanks for the post Ferre.

Peace
THC-Ministry "we use Cannabis religiously and you can to" http://www.thc-ministry.org/
Take nothing but memories, Leave nothing but footprints.
CDXX Peace Time IV:XX ** Rev.Chazman-Cannabis Sacrament Minister
Lilli

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HALLELUJAH HEBREWS hahaha for once some Jesus like considerations. and reasonings.
banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana
" I pass to you the torch that Christ once passed to me,others are still in the dark an need the light to see"
CrookedEye

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:14 am    Post subject: So how do we... Reply with quote

How do we show our support for this? Is there any point to writing our congresspeople or is there something else we can/should do?

Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.
Lilli

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Include the copy an paste of it on all your letters that move on and norml ask of us to write. Or paste it an send to your representatives and senators. Any other ideas?
" I pass to you the torch that Christ once passed to me,others are still in the dark an need the light to see"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> The 'War on Drugs' All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: