THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index
Cannabis and Psoriasis

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Medical Cannabis, science and law.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brother Jon_Paul
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:54 am    Post subject: Cannabis and Psoriasis Reply with quote

First, a little about my condition. I have Psoriasis. It is a chronic skin disease, inherited and not contagious. This is basically how it works: The immune system becomes over-active in the skin. The skin then re-generates at roughly 10 times the normal speed. The result is patches of skin that regenerate extremely quickly. On areas that don't get touched much, like the elbows, you get thick, scaley plaque. These patches aren't as painful but quite annoying. In places that get some friction or touching, such as the chest and back, the plaque is thinner, but it is extremely dry and extremely painful. It ranges between annoying itching, and downright burning. In areas that get a lot of rubbing, friction, etc, such as the palms of the hands, the forehead, and the genitals, Psoriasis is sometimes blindingly painful. Because of the frequent friction etc, each new layer peels off (ouch) in little pieces as it grows in. The result is red, inflamed skin. I have psoriasis in all of these places...and more. All three types lead to dry skin that cracks open and bleeds, leaving painful wounds and scars. I've also contracted a chronic staph infection due to wounds caused by psoriasis.

On another page on this site, it says that Cannabis Receptors in white blood cells help regulate the immune system and make it act in an anti-inflamatory fashion. It also says that it is good for your skin. So I have a few questions.

Could Cannabis help my Psoriasis?

If so, what would be the best way to use it? I'm all for smoking, but would it be more efficient to ingest or apply topically?

Does this count as a medicinal use?

In addition to (hopefully) using the Herb to reduce my psoriasis, I also smoke it whenever I can to relieve the constant itching and pain that accompanies my disease and leaves me sleepless most nights. This is sort of a last resort for me. I have been on LITERALLY every medicine available for psoriasis. I've used creams, foams, lotions, tanning beds, pills, experamental drugs, and goodness knows what else. I've even tried low-grade chemotherapy, and the brand new injectible immuno-suppresant stuff. Nothing ever works, and if it does, it comes at a SERIOUS cost in debilitating side-effects. So yeah....help?
Fyrefly1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might order some Holy Anointing Oil from Roger Christie:
pakaloha@gte.net ...along with a Sanctuary Kit should you desire one.

As you might have read, he makes it from the recipe in the Bible, Ex:30-23.

HAO (Holy Anointing Oil) has pretty amazing properties. The olive oil would be great for healing your skin and the Cannabis resin is very healing. The Myrrh, Cinnamon and Cassia are also very healing and soothing for the sores you probably have.

Roger anointed a woman on Maui who had advanced tissue necrosis (gangrene) in both legs. After a few days the gangrene just stopped and she began to grow new skin and muscles. She is alright now.

Good luck....great energy is coming your way! Smile
sara

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is also something else you could try, Kombucha.
Ferre
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Brother John_Paul. wavey

Here's more information on Kombucha...

http://www.kombuchatea.co.uk/

I hereby declare Peace on war!
█ Please read the Board Rules and Posting, and you
Radio Free Amsterdam
People who know truth, speak truth.
Those who don't, quote scriptures.
Brother Jon_Paul

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:18 pm    Post subject: you don't say... Reply with quote

wow! thanks for the help, everybody. i'll definitely look into Kombucha and the annointing oil. :-D

oh hey...I was reading the Dhammapada last night and came across something i just loved so I thought I would share it with you all:

Everyone fears being hurt.
All of us fear death.
Knowing this,
See others as yourself
And cause no harm.

aloha
Echo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brother Jon Paul, I have been wondering the same thing as yourself for many years. Can Cannabis be the answer for people suffering from auto-immune diseases? That would not only contribute to fight your Psoriasis but also it could help patients with SLE (Systemic Lupus Erythematosus), Rheumatoid Arthritis, Thyroid Diseases, Multiple Sclerosis and possibly other not yet identified conditions that involve your our immune system to go a little crazy and attack our own body.

There are two ways to know this.

1. Wait for some recognised researcher to have an interest in the subject, get funded and give you an answer, and hand you a chance to make a choice in 10 years time or so.

2. Try it yourself.

If you go for option 1, get in touch with your nearest Medical University and pharmaceutical industry and/or reaserch centre.

If you go for option 2, you are the researcher. It's your body after all, and your skin that aches. The annoynting oil is a great way to get the medicine delivered to your blood stream without the stress of the smoke on your lungs. Or alternatevly, you might want to check out your local medical cannabis club and find some help there.

About Kombucha, I am not sure it can help with the main condition you have, but it could be of help in fighting your staph infection.

Your health is dear to us Smile

Take care!
But I’ll stand my ground and I won’t back down
The Moose

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have replied sooner, but Brother Jon Paul asked me in person shortly after he posted. Embarassed
Mazdek

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am very interested in hearing how this turned out, I have a friend with psoriasis that can't find relief with available medications.
Ezekiel 34:29

Brother Jon_Paul

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've been researching cannabis and psoriasis online and i have been delighted to find numerous testimonials of people with bad psoriasis taking the Sacrament and having it clear up their psoriasis significantly, and in some cases permanently. And in my own experience it has been helping a lot. Oh if only it were legal
Mazdek

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is wonderful to hear!!

weldone
Ezekiel 34:29

Brother Adam

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might REALLY want to try the Holy Anointing Oil Roger makes. I have yet to put up a testimony, but I must say, this stuff is AMAZING!

I have just gotten over a serious staph infection in my right leg that gave me 7 1/2 days in the hospital on heavy antibiotics. A blood clot still persists in my right leg "greater saphenous vein" from my ankle to my pelvis. Just hours after my first application of the oil I was able to (for the first time in WEEKS) sit in a chair at my desk without excruciating pain. I was before only able to bend my leg an inch in either direction, and now have almost all movement back...almost. The blood clot still persists, but I fear a mis-diagnosis (actually pretty positive about it) and that some of the clotting are in deep veins. The doctors have waivered back and forth so many times on diagnosing my condition allready, I'm positive they are missing something.

That said, if it weren't for the holy oil, I wouldn't be able to sit at my desk, the dinner table, anything. Usually when sitting the pressure on the inside of my thigh is extreme to the point I can't take 30 seconds of it. With the leg saturated in holy oil, I can sit for a couple hours without pain at all!!!!!

Try the stuff....don't wait, do it now! As for the staph....you should be in a hospital if you have a resistant infection, or on VERY expensive, VERY dangerous oral antibiotics. This is just what I know from what I have been through in the past few weeks. I hope at least you are on very strong antibiotics for the infection. I would not have made it much longer had I not been..

“Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives.”

-James Madison

Police officers acquitted for beating a 64 yr old man recently in New Orleans. In the words of their defense attorney "all he had to do was comply"....and they wouldn't have fractured his face.
Brother Jon_Paul

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:55 am    Post subject: update Reply with quote

hey everybody. just a quick update. after several months of self-medicating with the herb i had some good results, but not as good as i'd hoped. what has happened is this - my condition is less painful, even within days of partaking. through the lessened stress, my body stops throwing itself into survival mode, so new patches do not arrive, and existing ones heal a little. unfortunately none if it has completrely dissappeared. however it feels and looks a smidgen better and i feel better about it, and any better is great.

peace
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Medical Cannabis, science and law. All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: