THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index
AustraliaBasqueBulgariaCanadaChinaEgyptFranceGreeceIcelandIndiaIndonesiaIrelandJamaicaJapanJordanLatviaMexicoNetherlandsNew Zealand
NorwaySpainPakistanLebanonPeruPolandPeurto RicoRomaniaRussiaSingaporeSouth AfricaSudanSwedenThailandTurkeyUnited KingdomUSAUzbekistan
Canadian Pot Bill Sent Back to Parliament

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Cannabis news
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ska_Pastora
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 8:39 pm    Post subject: Canadian Pot Bill Sent Back to Parliament Reply with quote

The highest courts in Canada decided that marijuana being illegal is NOT unconstitutional, by a vote of 6 to 3. The issue will now be sent back to parliament, so the federal government must make a decision. Prime Minister Paul Martin has said that he wishes to see marijuana decriminalized, but his version isnt all its cracked up to be.
Under Paul's version of decrim, if you are caught with 12 grams or less you will get a fine... over 12 and it goes on your record... where as, our last prime minister's, Jean Chreatien, version set the bar at 30 grams.
Also, if you get caught more than once, criminal charges may be issued... and that, in my opinion, isnt decriminalization...
But, none the less, its a great step forward on the road to legalization... cheers beer
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
thcbongman
High and aware
High and aware

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You gotta get the majority of people to agree with it. To slowly fade legalization in is better than introducing a "radical" idea (to the sober masses). If it decriminalized it's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind.
Rev. Chazman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets just hope it continues to move forward. Even small steps forward are better than nothing. Smile Lets continue to hope for the best.

Peace
THC-Ministry "we use Cannabis religiously and you can to" http://www.thc-ministry.org/
Take nothing but memories, Leave nothing but footprints.
CDXX Peace Time IV:XX ** Rev.Chazman-Cannabis Sacrament Minister
Boojum

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, man, a step forwards on the road, however small, has gotta be better than standing still. each step of reclassification towards legality is a step in the right direction. On the one hand, here in the UK at least, I recon the recent bill & impending reclassification of pot to class C are really nothing more than publicity stunts by new labour to try and claw back the 'right on' voters it's lost during it's makeover, but on the other hand it still means that come Jan I'm not gonna do a night in cells for carrying a blim, so that's fine by me. We can't go expecting politicians to actually go around making decisions for the greater good of our respective countries, now, can we? But it's nice when something worthwhile comes out of all the political power games.
And that's the day I knew there was this entire life behind things, and... this incredibly benevolent force, that wanted me to know there was no reason to be afraid, ever. Video's a poor excuse. But it helps me remember... and I need to remember... Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world I feel like I can't take it, like my heart's going to cave in.
American Beauty.
mc nick-grassmoke

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 7:35 am    Post subject: Oh Canada........... Reply with quote

lets you smoke your trees, music Canada is cool as shit, you might see me livin there one day, not until i try my best here in Philadelph first.
OH CANADA.......... music1 LETS U SMOKE YOUR TREES. OH YEAH. HAPPY NEW YEAR. excl loveweed
indicaspice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

30 years we've been battling this shit, and the powers that be still can't get there heads out their assholes.

when life hands you a lemon, make lemonade
Ska_Pastora

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree indicaspice.
And I dont think the new people in power will be any better, take Paul Martin for example... the richest Prime Minister in Canadian history.

One problem I have with Paul Martin is that he has said that the major focus of his party will be relaitions with the US.
This, I see, as a huge wall in the way of decrim or legalization. With the US's "war on drugs" still going, it will be hard for Canada to legalize marijuana without being criticised by American politicians.
There have already been a few remarks made by Americans about Canada's views on marijuana. One of the most recent ones by John Walters, the White house director of drug policy. When asked about recent marijuana legislation, he was quoted as saying, "Canada is out of step with the rest of the western hemisphere."

Last edited by Ska_Pastora on Fri Jan 02, 2004 11:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
indicaspice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
One problem I have with Paul Martin is that he has said that the major focus of his party will be relaitions with the US.

That statement scares me and not just on the decrim issue.

when life hands you a lemon, make lemonade
Ska_Pastora

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know exactly what you mean...
Just take a close look at the cases of madcow in the US and Canada. The US still hasnt fully lifted its bad on Canadian beef, after ONE CASE!
But now, after one or two cases were found in the US... Canada hasnt done a thing... to me, this shows that we understand the issue and know how to deal with it... but what bothers me, is that the ban on Canadian beef STILL hasnt been fully lifted...

its a messed up world were living in these days, very messed up.

take it easy
Ska_Pastora

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know what u mean Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Cannabis news All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: