THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index
Can you Drive high?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mortloch
yes, I'm still here...
yes, I'm still here...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:18 am    Post subject: Can you Drive high? Reply with quote

I was reading a post about a member's court case and some people started talking about being high well driving. So I thought I would strike up a discussion about it Very Happy mostly because I have a DUID for Cannabis pending at the moment.

Before you say "You can't drive high.....you'll hit something" hear me out.

If you never have and/or don't think you can NEVER drive high. Just don't risk it.

I drive around all day for a living going to and from people's homes some times I'm high other times not. The reason I smoke well driving is because I am a very VERY angry driver. What can I say stupid people piss me off. Cannabis has never affected my driving/reaction time in any BAD! way and I've been smoking and driving form age 16 (24 now). There are more roads in this country I have yet to drive on sober then not. I have heard storys of people who where too high and did hit things because of it, yet I have lead 5 guys in trucks cross country, and we where all high, the whole way and no problems what so ever. I myself won't go on a road trip unless I have penty to smoke.

AGAIN DO NOT DRIVE HIGH IF YOU NEVER HAVE AND/OR DON'T THINK YOU CAN! BE SAFE!

Many people do it, after all that is how most arrest are made, smokin in the car. So first I'll tell you what happend to me then I'll finally make my point Smile I have gotten TONS of tickets for speeding, most of them I was high (unless you use the cops 12 hour time frame then I was high for all of them) and almost all of them where on the highway for usally 80 in a 65. I did get arrested one time but no DUID because I was and always drive just fine. So I was pulled over for speeding.......81 in a 60 cause I was passing some moron who couldn't drive and my high had wore off so I was angry driving again. The officer comes up tells me I'm speeding I hand him my stuff, he goes back does his thing, comes back goes over the ticket with me has me sign it, hands me my copy, and THEN he asks "Let me ask you one more thing do you have any drugs, guns, weapons or pot in the car?" I say no he then says he can smell it and asks if I let a friend use the car or something. I said no, he then asks if he can search my car I say no because I have food melting in the back. He tells me he doesn't need me to agree because of the smell. Finds my 3.2 grams in a glass jar and my pipe. He then asked how long ago I smoked, I told him I took maybe a hit 3-4 hours ago. He then ask me to do the road side test and lies to me saying if I say no I can't drive for a year when I could of said no. Sorry for the long story but what the report says is things like this (no joke) I guessed 9 steps as 10, I skipped one number counting backwards, I put my foot down after 3 secs (on the side of a mountain in 20 degree weather this was done) in other words it took me 2 trys to stand on one foot, and other crap just like that. Now he didn't even remember what I told him my job was little lone if it was 9 or 10 steps. He also says he "clearly" smelled it when he first too my info........yet he "legaly" released me when I took the copy of the ticket.

So I want to say in court (yes this is very bold) that not only was I showing the opposite sign of some one under the infulence, but that studys have shown that yes Cannabis affects your driving.....BUT.....in away that makes people drive safer by going slower and leaving more room because you know you are high, drunks don't think really notice how messed up they are. Just google it and you will have a hard time finding bad things said about driving high.

Finally! (for everyone who lasted this long thank you) my point.

Cannabis could used in a RESONSIBLE way and amount, to help angry drivers like myself slow down and "play nice with others", in the Medicinal sense same as it is for people with pain and things.

Well first off "aggressive driving" is not something you go to your doctor for in the first place......... so what kinda doctor would you go to?

Again sorry it was so long but this isn't just a "simple" thought and the law says that it "must affect your ability to SAFELY operate a vehicle BEOND THAT OF A NORMAL PERSONS to the SLIGHTEST degree (for a DWAI charge which is lower than a DUID) so a "normal persons ability" to me means you just have to pass the driving test.

Let me know what everyone thinks and sorry for any mispellings and I am fighing that the search was illegal and will let everyone know what happens
My belief in God comes from my personal experiences, the feelings in my heart, and the thoughts in my head. Cannabis allows my feelings to become my thoughts though which I see God in my personal experiences.
Ferre
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can agree with you, I have been driving while high all my life, I did my driving exames stoned and passed gloriously (3 times, car, bike and truck licence), I drive more than 25 years now, in Europe, where the traffic is much faster than the US, and have a 80% no-claim bonus from my insurance because I never made any accidents and I must have driven a couple of million kilometers.

My conclusion is that some people are good drivers and others are bad drivers but Cannabis does not make someone a bad driver whatsoever.
Those who don't, quote scriptures.
Pepper
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All you have to do is get a lawyer to ask if the officer had been through NHTSA certified training and to demonstrate a field sobriety test in court. All credibility for the tests as being a valid indicator of sobriety will evaporate with a failure to perform in court.

This is their only evidence of impairment if you don't dig your own grave with the wrong argument.
msactech1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The difference in a driver who is high compared to when he is not, has only a 0.6% slower reaction time. That means that high drivers drive better than most people. Most folks can't drive, anyways.
Bamaman
regular contributor
regular contributor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about the over 40 generation. But, I grew up with Blip, then Pong, handheld football games, then Atari, then Nintendo, etc... I also grew up with herb.

Myself and pretty much every male herb smoker I've known in my age group, has smoked herb and played video games. This has been basically a training of hand eye coordination from a very early age.

The government and military knows quite well that the more hand eye coordination is practiced, the more accurate and faster you are. So, since most male smokers play video games while high, they are essentially superior with their reflex timing than my straight grandfather when he was my age.

Just some thoughts....
Ferre

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

msactech1 wrote:
The difference in a driver who is high compared to when he is not, has only a 0.6% slower reaction time. That means that high drivers drive better than most people. Most folks can't drive, anyways.

I do not know if this 0.6% is officially measured, but what strikes me when I read this 0.6% 'slower' reaction time is that one person compared with any other person will have differences in reaction time that occurs naturally and exceeds 0.6% difference anyway. Not every person has the same reaction time as it is.
Those who don't, quote scriptures.
msactech1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They banned cell phones while driving, but I do not know of one person who has actually had an officer enforse the law. For some people chewing gum and driving could be more dangerous than someone under the influence of alcohol.
The fact that they could actually take that driving under the influence of marijuana is dangerous seriously is a joke. I heard about one bill in Cali that didn't make it. Who's the moron that came up with the whole stupid idea, anyways? Bush?
Mortloch
yes, I'm still here...
yes, I'm still here...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 3:45 pm    Post subject: Here is where it came from Reply with quote

www.nhtsa.dot.gov/people/injury/job185drugs/cannabis.htm

that is the "Fact sheet" for Cannabis......they do say that " The drug manufacturer suggest that patients receiving treatment with Marinol should be specifically warned not to drive unteil it is established that they are able to tolerate the drug and perfrom such tasks safely." Well Marinol is synthectic(spelling?) TetraHydroCannabinol (THC) and they say you can drive on that if you "are able to tolerate the drug and perform such stasks safely" Yet they then go on to say Cannabis causes problems well driving. ?!?!?!??!?!?!?! so if the THC is made in a lab its safe for a driver but not if its comes in cannabis form? Sounds to me like the manufacturers of Marinol had some say/money in this
My belief in God comes from my personal experiences, the feelings in my heart, and the thoughts in my head. Cannabis allows my feelings to become my thoughts though which I see God in my personal experiences.
Rev. Steve

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really on the topic but informative just the same. Jr!
Quote:
I CAN'T STAND IT. IT DRIVES ME CRAZY. LEDA

Scary and true........

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

George W. Bush
The White House, USA
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
LAW ENFORCEMENT:
I was arrested in Kennebunkport, Maine, in 1976 for driving under the influence of alcohol. I pled guilty, paid a fine, and had my driver's license suspended for 30 days.
My Texas driving record has been "lost" and is not available.
MILITARY:
I joined the Texas Air National Guard and went AWOL.
I refused to take a drug test or answer any questions about my drug use.
By joining the Texas Air National Guard, I was able to avoid combat duty in Vietnam.
COLLEGE:
I graduated from Yale University with a low C average.
PAST WORK EXPERIENCE:
I ran for U.S. Congress and lost.
I began my career in the oil business in Midland, Texas, in 1975.
I bought an oil company, but couldn't find any oil in Texas. The company went bankrupt shortly after I sold all my stock.
I bought the Texas Rangers baseball team in a sweetheart deal that took land using taxpayer money.
With the help of my father and our right-wing friends in the oil industry (including Enron CEO Ken Lay), I was elected governor of Texas.
ACCOMPLISHMENTS AS GOVERNOR OF TEXAS:
I changed Texas pollution laws to favor power and oil companies, making Texas the most polluted state in the Union.
During my tenure, Houston replaced Los Angeles as the most smog-ridden city in America.
I cut taxes and bankrupted the Texas treasury to the tune of billions in borrowed money.
I set the record for the most executions by any governor in American history.
With the help of my brother, the governor of Florida, and my father's appointments to the Supreme Court, I became President after losing by over 500,000 votes.
ACCOMPLISHMENTS AS PRESIDENT:
I am the first President in U.S. history to enter office with a criminal record.
I invaded and occupied two countries at a continuing cost of over one billion dollars per week.
I spent the U.S. surplus and effectively bankrupted the U.S. Treasury.
I shattered the record for the largest annual deficit in U.S. history.
I set an economic record for most private bankruptcies filed in any 12-month period.
I set the all-time record for most foreclosures in a 12-month period.
I set the all-time record for the biggest drop in the history of the U.S. stock market. In my first year in office, over 2 million Americans lost their jobs
I'm proud that the members of my cabinet are the richest of any administration in U.S. history.
My "poorest millionaire," Condoleeza Rice, has a Chevron oil tanker named after her. I set the record for most campaign fund-raising trips by a U.S. President.
I am the all-time U.S. and world record-holder for receiving the most corporate campaign donations.
My largest lifetime campaign contributor, and one of my best friends, Kenneth Lay, presided over the largest corporate bankruptcy fraud in U.S. History, Enron.
My political party used Enron private jets and corporate attorneys to assure my success with the U.S. Supreme Court during my election decision.
More time and money was spent investigating the Monica Lewinsky affair than has been spent investigating one of the biggest corporate rip-offs in history.
I presided over the biggest energy crisis in U.S. history and refused to intervene when corruption involving the oil industry was revealed.
I presided over the highest gasoline prices in U.S. history.
I changed the U.S. policy to allow convicted criminals to be awarded government contracts.
I appointed more convicted criminals to administration than any President in U.S. history.
I created the Ministry of Homeland Security, the largest bureaucracy in the history of the United States government.
I've broken more international treaties than any President in U.S. history.
I am the first President in U.S. history to have the United Nations remove the U.S. from the Human Rights Commission.
I withdrew the U.S. from the World Court of Law.
I refused to allow inspectors access to U.S. "prisoners of war" detainees and thereby have refused to abide by the Geneva Convention.
I am the first President in history to refuse United Nations election inspectors (during the 2002 U.S. election).
I set the record for fewest number of press conferences of any President since the advent of television.
I set the all-time record for most days on vacation in any one-year period.
After taking off the entire month of August, I presided over the worst security failure in U.S. history.
I garnered the most sympathy for the U.S. after the World Trade Center attacks and less than a year later made the U.S. the most hated country in the world, the largest failure of diplomacy in world history.
I have set the all-time record for most people worldwide to simultaneously protest me in public venues (15 million people), shattering the record for protest against any person in the history of mankind.
I am the first President in U.S. history to order an unprovoked, pre-emptive attack and the military occupation of a sovereign nation. I did so against the will of the United Nations, the majority of U.S. citizens, and the world community.
I have cut health care benefits for war veterans and support a cut in duty benefits for active duty troops and their families -- in war time.
In my State of the Union Address, I lied about our reasons for attacking Iraq, then blamed the lies on our British friends.
I am the first President in history to have a majority of Europeans (71%) view my presidency as the biggest threat to world peace and security.
I am supporting development of a nuclear "Tactical Bunker Buster," a WMD.
I have so far failed to fulfill my pledge to bring Osama Bin Laden to justice.
RECORDS AND REFERENCES:
All records of my tenure as governor of Texas are now in my father's library, sealed and unavailable for public view.
All records of SEC investigations into my insider trading and my bankrupt companies are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public view.
All records or minutes from meetings that I, or my Vice-President, attended regarding public energy policy are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public review.
PLEASE CONSIDER MY EXPERIENCE AND MY PARTY WHEN VOTING IN 2006

Torkel

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^Yea, those facts may very well be true, but...

I bet he could drive while high. Laughing

Thanks for the info, brother Steve.

Peace,
Torkel

Miranda vs Arizona (384 U.S. 436, 125): "Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no rule-making or legislation which would abrogate them."

HAGANS vs LAVINE (415 US 533 N-3,note 5): "Once JURISDICTION is challenged it must be proven by the Plaintiff."
Brother Adam

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

....and all these "educated" republican yuppies support him full tilt.

“Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives.”

-James Madison

Police officers acquitted for beating a 64 yr old man recently in New Orleans. In the words of their defense attorney "all he had to do was comply"....and they wouldn't have fractured his face.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Discussions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: