THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index
AustraliaBasqueBulgariaCanadaChinaEgyptFranceGreeceIcelandIndiaIndonesiaIrelandJamaicaJapanJordanLatviaMexicoNetherlandsNew Zealand
NorwaySpainPakistanLebanonPeruPolandPeurto RicoRomaniaRussiaSingaporeSouth AfricaSudanSwedenThailandTurkeyUnited KingdomUSAUzbekistan
can an atheist fight for religious freedoms?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ska_Pastora
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 1:33 pm    Post subject: can an atheist fight for religious freedoms? Reply with quote

I recently became a Cannabis Sacrament Minister, this means, by default, that I believe in Article 18 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

Everyone has the right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion; this right includes freedom to change his religion or belief, and freedom, either alone or in community with others and in public or private, to manifest his religion or belief in teaching, practice, worship and observance.

I believe marijuana should be able to be used legally (at least) for religious purposes. I also believe those who wish to use marijuana for religious purposes should have a safe place to do so, a place where they will not be ridiculed. This seems like good grounds for someone to become a Cannabis Sacrament Minister. But, Im an Atheist... I dont follow any religion. While I do practice a little buddhism, and use marijuana to inhance meditaition, Im am definitely not a buddhist...

So, can I really be a Cannabis Sacrament Minister? Or am I being a hypocrite? Personally, I dont think I am... but I wanted to get your oppinions...

Last edited by Ska_Pastora on Mon Dec 22, 2003 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Ferre
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me explain the way I see it, and how I based our Ministry here in Amsterdam.
If you enjoy the "spiritual" side of being stoned, meaning the effect it has on your senses and your "inner self". You're there! Cool
A 'religious" experiance is not per definition bounded to a book or any doctrine in my opinion.
So to answer your question, yes! you are an excellent Cannabis Sacrament Minister and in time you will grow and even become a wise Cannabis Sacrament Minister. Don't worry brother, the THC Ministry is about respect and honesty, not about doctrines.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TrueProCannabis420

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that right, brother ferre! I believe he explained it all!
Rev. Chazman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome brother ska to the church. Dont worry about feeling like a hypocrite. I think Ferre's explanation is a good one as to why there isnt a reason to feel that way.
Also I would just like to add that perhaps you just havent found your path to belief yet. Maybe as you grow, live and experience life another path will open for you. Im not saying one has to, you are fine as you are.... Im just saying leave yourself open to the possibility.

Good luck with your church in canada my friend. Im happy that i helped, in some small part, you to find your way here.

Peace
THC-Ministry "we use Cannabis religiously and you can to" http://www.thc-ministry.org/
Take nothing but memories, Leave nothing but footprints.
CDXX Peace Time IV:XX ** Rev.Chazman-Cannabis Sacrament Minister
-=//Mika~Pants\\=-

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:23 pm    Post subject: Sure,.. Reply with quote

I don't feel your a hypocrite,.. Every individual belief is, to me, another fragment of the "Big Picture". Hypocracy in itself is a belief. without it Those who complain about it would have to find new lives.
balance, balance, balance.

Your cool with me.

Love always,..
Rev. Mika.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: