THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index
Becoming An "Ordained Minister"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Questions and faqs
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should we Ordain our own or Let someone else do it?
Ordain our own
94%
 94%  [ 16 ]
Let someone else do it
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 17

Nachtschattenreich
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the perspective of world trade: Marijuana ::= Cannabis made in the U.S. of America, (Ganja ::= Jamaica), ...

For an universal term transcending the language gaps I suggest the use of Cannabis as a reference to the historical language that created our alphabet.
CALM_IN_THE_USA

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey...Kaneh Bosm...cannabis was used as a incense...more than likly it was the daily sacrafice burnt on the Alter of Incense...of Moses in the temple....as written about by the prophets of the Old Testament...the plant of reknown.... could also be the bitter herb eaten at passover with the sacraficial lamb during the Plagues of Egypt...and also again the tree that Moses casted into the bitter water in the wilderness that made the waters sweet...and drinkable..science is proving that one for us... the old Testament making of the Holy anointing oil was to be poured upon the priest of LEVI...so therefore anyone who was a priest attending to the temple were to be anointed with this oil...those who were not of the house of the priest it was forbidden for them to use...Then the oil for anointing again appeared in chrisitianity as Jesus anointed the disciples with oil and sent them out to heal the sick...and the apostle Paul wrote that if there be any sick among you...let them call for the elders of the church let them anoint them with oil and the prayer of faith shall save the sick and the Lord shall raise them up....It's good sound doctrine to anoint your chosen ministers to ordain them to carry the word...what Jesus did gives us biblical proof of our faith...and there is also biblical proof ...we are to offer our prayers according to Revelations with much incense...now the contents of that incense was more than likely cannabis...why do I believe that...it makes since...Jesus himself said a smoking flax he would not quinch...history has once agained prove that flax and cannabis in biblical times was spoken of in the same term...in fact were the word flax is I propose it was to read Kaneh Bos.... No one knew what Jesus meant...but now Ido....if you think about this the first murder was because Caine felt Jelous...because God favored Ables sacrafice over Caines...God is Love...and Has no respector persons...how can that be so...he told Caine it was Good also...but Caine didn't believe him and felt Jelous...Therefore its my belief God desires to have daily... a daily sacrafice of Herbs burnt before him...that was Caines sacrafice( herbs)...to remind him he has no respector persons. and not to favor one above another...Even God repented at the time of the flood and said I have repented that I have ever made man...and promised never to destroy man again...The truth is in the Christian Bible and every stand to prove your faith as cannabis being a spiritual necessity for practice is in the BIBLE...I say ordain and anoint your elders...
Rev. Jack

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

namaste all

Dear Ferre
THANK YOU for bringing us back to the original topic!! I for 1 enjoy "going off" You read my mind. I was about to try to bring it back. Laughing THANK YOU again!

I think you asked this question earlier.
Quote:
Do Hindus need to be ordained in order to be recognized?

I did not know so i looked it up on my favorite reference.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hindus#Ceremonies.2C_observances_and_pilgrimage
Quote:
Initiation
Main article: Initiation in Hinduism
Many Hindus, may perform initiation ceremonies like Upanayana or Janoy or 'Bratabandha'. These ceremonies have variants depending on the caste, the culture and the region.

The Upanayana is akin to the Jewish B'nai Mitzvah. It is very similar to the Navjot ceremony of the Zoroastrians, being of common origin. In a ceremony administered by a priest, a coir string, known as Janoy or Poonal, is hung from around a young boy's left shoulder to his right waist line for Brahmins and from right shoulders to left waistline by Kshatriyas. The ceremony varies from region to community, and includes reading from the Vedas and special Mantras and Slokas.

Young females (prepubescent until married) do not have similar ritual passage as young males. However, some young Hindu females, especially those from southern India, may follow annual Monsoon Austerity Ritual of Purification by not eating cooked food for one or two weeks, depending on age of child. This is known as "Goryo" or "Goriyo".

Generally speaking, Hindus are free to join an order or inner circle, and once they have joined it they must submit to its rites and way of living. But this type of joining is voluntary and has the possibility of leaving the order at any time without serious objection from fellow followers as long as one says and does things without associating them with the order which he or she has left. It is a social form of co-option of life style. It is said in Sanskrit that, "dharmo hi hato hanti, dharmo rakshati rakshitah", which translates to "Dharma, when destroyed, destroys; dharma protects when [it is]protected", meaning religion is with the believer as long as the person believes in it. The initiation (diksha), a sort of purification or consecration involving a transformation of the aspirant's personality, is regarded as a complement to, or even a substitute for, the previous initiation ceremony rite of consecration that preceded the Vedic sacrifice in ancient India; in later and modern Hinduism, the initiation of a layman by his guru (spiritual guide) into a religious sect. In the soma sacrifices of the Vedic period, the lay sacrificer, after bathing, kept a day-long (in some cases up to a yearlong) silent vigil inside a special hut in front of a fire.

Some Hindus will give offerings to their gods by placing rice or flowers in a bowl above the stove every morning before they eat, and behind this bowl maybe a picture of one of their gods. Along with giving offerings they might also pray to the god they gave an offering to.

And as I have read and learned, speaking with many believers in Pagan, Wiccan and other Shamanistic Ways including Native American (one of our members is a fully ordained Medicineman) The "Rites of Passage" are universal in the Old Ways of every culture. And especially for the Sha(wo)man/Medicine(wo)man/Priest(ess)/Minister, such a ritual passed authority to one who demonstrated the knowledge, capacity and desire to minister to the tribe. The ritual and the thing the shaman wore, tatoos or clothes or whatever, informed the people that this person could be sought out in time of need.

Today we are finally beginning to realize the true Gospel of the Christ that EVERYONE SHOULD BE A Holy(wo)man/Sha(wo)man/Medicine(wo)man/Priest(ess)/Minister

Sometimes I worry that we are not defining certain words in the same way, so i like to occasionally like to throw in a definition.

minister: –verb (used without object)
9. to give service, care, or aid; attend, as to wants or necessities.: to minister to the needs of the hungry.
10. to contribute, as to comfort or happiness.

minister: –verb (used with object)
6. to administer or apply: to minister the last rites.
7. Archaic. to furnish; supply.

These are the definitions I want to highlight. We are taking on the challenge of ministering to the needs of those around us and administering the Knowledge and the Sacrament to do it.

Minister: –noun 1. a person authorized to conduct religious worship; member of the clergy; pastor.
2. a person authorized to administer sacraments, as at Mass.

I do not see a reference to Christian here except "as at Mass." and I believe this is used only as one example.

Thank you all for this spirited discussion.
Rev. Jack

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear CALM_IN_THE_USA
Would you please give me this passage?, I cant find it.
Jesus himself said a smoking flax he would not quinch...

Quote:
....if you think about this the first murder was because Caine felt Jelous...because God favored Ables sacrafice over Caines...God is Love...and Has no respector persons...how can that be so...he told Caine it was Good also...but Caine didn't believe him and felt Jelous...Therefore its my belief God desires to have daily... a daily sacrafice of Herbs burnt before him...that was Caines sacrafice( herbs)...to remind him he has no respector persons. and not to favor one above another...Even God repented at the time of the flood and said I have repented that I have ever made man...and promised never to destroy man again...The truth is in the Christian Bible and every stand to prove your faith as cannabis being a spiritual necessity for practice is in the BIBLE...I say ordain and anoint your elders...

I checked through several versions of the Bible, unfortunatly the term is always "fruit of the ground" not herb. That being said it makes perfect sense to me that Cain murdered Abel cause Cain was THC lacking. loveweed
CALM_IN_THE_USA

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fruit of the field is every seed baring plant and tree....The Prophecy of Isaiah the prophet concerning Christ...what he shall do Isaiah 42:3 and again mentioned in the Gospel of Matthew in relations to Christ's ministry Matthew 12:20 ... It's my belief that at the time of biblical interpretation the word Flax was indeed seen in the same light as Cannabis both were used as clothing to cover nakedness...however Kaneh Bos was used also as incense ...so therefore I relate that what this scripture means is that Christ would not snuff out the fire on smoking Kaneh bos...it was an incense and makes perfect since ...if you relate it to the rituals performed by the Priest of Levi of the Temple...the Alter of Incense was to burn continuously...even as we are now that temple and are to pray without ceasing...

Edit** Sorry Rev. Jack...my error...it's not that Jesus directly said that...I'm sure he most definatly did...but it's the prophecy of what Jesus shall do according to Isaiah.

Last edited by CALM_IN_THE_USA on Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
CALM_IN_THE_USA

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read also ...Joshua 2-6 about the two spies that were hidden by Rehab...according to this interpretation using stalks of "Flax" ...laid upon a roof...just how tall is flax? Flax is only 3 feet tall...making since yet...Cannabis is known to grow 10 feet tall...maybe more..both flax and cannabis were used to make linen...in the days of biblical interpretation. So you can see there is a controversy ...of what is really flax???

Let me drop a more favorable and easily swallowed tid bit in your ears...in the beginning of Scripture...sacrafices were brought to God...and consumed by fire...one was a lamb the other lets say ???... in the Temple of Moses again we see the same...certain animals were brought. However...what was a daily sacrafice to burn continually? Incense...What was used as incense??? No one needs to Look further than to recognize...the Word Kaneh Bosm has Caine's name all over it...Caine's flower... This is why I believe God desires it with our prayers...Makes perfect since..

Last edited by CALM_IN_THE_USA on Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Delta9THCUSA
High and aware
High and aware

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:49 pm    Post subject: Bravo Reply with quote

Nice quote here: Thanks Calm-In-The-USA, Jack

Quote:
....if you think about this the first murder was because Caine felt Jelous...because God favored Ables sacrafice over Caines...God is Love...and Has no respector persons...how can that be so...he told Caine it was Good also...but Caine didn't believe him and felt Jelous...Therefore its my belief God desires to have daily... a daily sacrafice of Herbs burnt before him...that was Caines sacrafice( herbs)...to remind him he has no respector persons. and not to favor one above another...Even God repented at the time of the flood and said I have repented that I have ever made man...and promised never to destroy man again...The truth is in the Christian Bible and every stand to prove your faith as cannabis being a spiritual necessity for practice is in the BIBLE...I say ordain and anoint your elders...

Thc-Ministers for President, Vice-president and the rest of the jobs, you boys (how many girls we got in our ranks?) can think. At least we need a lobby group!
aeroplane

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello brethern. Thank you Roger for the definition and the quote, I actually believe the entire universe and more is inside my head, yours, and everyone elses heads as well. The illusion is that it is an external experience. But that's for another topic. Laughing

I'm in agreement with the ministry ordination and my concern is for the legal definition and how it applies internationally according to the UN charter, seeing as that might be the best means of saving ones arse from fascism.

That's my 2 cents.

US President Jimmy Carter
Nachtschattenreich

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calm, your argument is pointing to a significant difference between Christianity and other religions. The Bible was translated again and again as languages developed. On the other hand, there is the Quran prescribing a peculiar alphabet and language for the rest of times.

In the latter religious environment the etymological-theological case you are making would be easier to make. Or not. Rolling Eyes
CALM_IN_THE_USA

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I don't know about that...have you ever asked any Christian what the prophet Isaiah meant by the scripture "A smoking Flax he shall not quench..." I have...I have asked elders those that have been in the Christian faith over 40 years and studied and read scripture until their blue in the face...But they all tell me ...I don't know...Well I don't know...means they never studied it and may wonder themselves...but after you put two and two together it all relates a beautiful story that Says GOD IS LOVE...and has no respector persons....and you would not believe the number of Christians who do not know about the word Kaneh Bosm...it's relation to the Holy anointing oil...there are many...In fact I must point at myself and say although I knew we as True Christians were not to impose consumtion laws upon people...and therefore I didn't judge the smokers, nor those who drank alcohol...but all the other things I have come to know...about Cannabis...and I being in the faith for over 20 years myself...I must say it's all new to me...and those who do practice other faiths in my opinion will also come to the knowledge of these truths...FOR Jesus said there is nothing hidden that shall not be revealed...and nothing whispered in the ear that shall not be shouted upon the Roof tops... for the Kingdom of God is Within you and he has made us ONE in God...and he that is Least in the Kingdom shall be the Greatest and he that is Greatest shall also be the Least...making us equal...and someday my friend we all shall see eye to eye...
Let me share this Poem I wrote to tell the American People... these truths...

I want to speak to you about a tree. It's not just any tree...it once held your babies in the comfort of its boughs, It once lighted your homes and prospered your towns. It carried your ships to a land of the free. It carried Gods word for you and for me...It's God's chosen creation made on the third day...A tree of life some scholars will say...but you have denied it... and you called it evil...you denied it's strength and use for the people. It remained to wave at the end of all battles a star spangled banner who with stood the tatter...it was worn by priest and kings back then...to call it a weed seems like a sin...for it was a string on Benjamins kite...that brought use electric and conquered the night...

The tree here in known as Kaneh Bosm was used in the oil to anoint 12 apostles. It was burned before God on the alter of incense. It was the smoking flax Jesus shall not quench. For Seventy Years you have harkened to lies the time is now to anoint your eyes...to buy of this Gold tried in the fire ...that you may be rich with Godly attire. The truth of this now shall ring in your ears and told to your children for 1,000 years. For Gods patience with ignorance has now been spent....Look unto Jesus, Repent, Repent Repent....

Last edited by CALM_IN_THE_USA on Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
goobud
regular contributor
regular contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: A Smoking Flax Reply with quote

Olive Oil was burned in lamps, never seen that myself. Does it burn clean?

Flax seed oil is a health food to reduce lung infectons and has Omega oils for wellness. How, if at all does it burn? Does it smoke alot when burned?

Hemp seed oil used as biodesil, guess it burns in a lamp.

So a smoking flax may be around these ideas. See what you get thinking around it this way.

Lucky to see a question here from me, to far from the experiences above to try a real answer. What might the elders think?
CALM_IN_THE_USA

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm your right... flax was used as an oil also...however it was not used in the Holy Anointing oil of the first temple...However it say's flax was to be used to make the priestly garments. So my thought is even as the word linens in our culture was used in both describing fibers made of flax or cannabis...you can see how that during the biblical translation could easily have used the word flax to describe all linens...or the word Flax ...to describe a plant that made linen....but most I believe were made of Cannabis. Kaneh Bosm was used as an incense and possibly linked to the word Sweet Cane...as a dream interpreter ...I recognize parables linking words...revealing to me secrets... Jesus said the GLORY of Man is as a FLOWER of the Field. Now ...lets Look again What did the word Kaneh Bosm mean? Caines flower, or Caines Glory in other words.Caine offered what was special to him..but Caine was not favored and at the time of sacrafice it say's that Caine gave and his sacrafice was accepted but...GOD SHOWED FAVORTISM to Abels sacrafice...which is forbidden for GOD to do...for he is LOVE and has no respector persons...this favortism caused what...more than likely ...Caine prohibited himself from bringing this offering to GOD any LONGER...and rose up in jelousy and slew his brother... do you not see that God's favortism caused this jelousy...Therefore you see why God in the first temple desired Kaneh bosm in every aspect of the temple...I know it was in the OIL and it more than likely was the daily sacrafice of incense to burn with out quenching.
goobud
regular contributor
regular contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:36 pm    Post subject: Ideas here are good Reply with quote

Sacrament use of any or all parts of Kaneh Bosm is for the head and opens dimensions, very fun and necessary for me - why devolve?

Industrial use of the left overs is for the body, clothes, food, cosmetics and fuel to transport.

Anointing oil is for the healing of mind often, body in particular and removing from dark when burnt traditionally, it is the light.

Hope you build more bridges in your understanding Calm-In-The-USA, Try hash from Nepal with some opium lacing for a real cosmic journey, safe deparrtures and returns.

I am most facinated with the oil though, especially the healing. Fashioning self to be industrial, spiritual and medical minister.

Thanks again rainbowbeamer for the strong leads into the oil awarnesses. And thanks the rest of you all for the informed and speculative comments.

If there was anyway to be the low cost stuff on the market in the things people buy, the things made with Kaneh Bosm, the change over and world healing could begin.

So far I notice botique and high end snob prices still for everything hemp, so we loose the larger market shares.

How do we become the loss leader brands, lower cost then generic prices in all markets for stores to draw customers and get the word out and world healing by a shopping choice change of habits?

EVERYONE BUYS THE LOWEST PRICE STUFF.

Where are hemp products made in a way and volume, now, where we can start the process of changing buying habits now and be almost Amway - personalized mass marketer and distributor of the merchandise? A good tenent for the ministry and great organizing princible, can you see one by one the ministery gaining minister-marketers? Any ministers in China, manufacturing central? How about that Reverend in Nevada, could you get us launched like described here, he seems the most aggressive, how about you kick it off Sin City Minister, I'd be on the next jet to help you out in person?

I like hemp seed oil for Omega Oils at least a tablespoon or two a day.

Here is a example of what is going on now.

$13.95 - expensive, an equivelent amount Olive Oil is $5.00 at Wal-Mart.

Nutiva Hemp Seed Oil is of the highest quality, raw, cold expeller pressed, and certified organic. Hemp seed oil has a well-balanced ratio of Omega 3 and Omega 6 Essential Fatty Acids (EFA), and 2% of the total EFA's is GLA. Hemp seed oil contains the highest amount of Essential Fatty Acids of any vegetable oil. It's also high in natural occurring antioxidants such as vitamin E and chlorophyll. Hemp Seed Oil's subtle, nutty (sunflower/walnut) flavor is a delicious, nutritious alternative to olive or flax oils in your favorite salad dressings, drizzled over vegetables, rice, or pasta and as a dipping oil for breads. Or, add a tablespoon or more to your morning smoothie to supplement your dietary fatty acid intake. 16 oz. bottle is $13.95.

Ingredients: 100% raw certified organic unrefined hempseed oil

Nutritional Information:
Serving size – 1 Tbsp. (14g)
Servings per container – 34
Calories per serving – 120
Total fat – 14g (1g saturated, 11g polyunsaturated, 2g monounsaturated)
Sodium – 0mg
Total carbohydrate – 0g
Protein – 0g
Omega-6 LA – 7g
Omega-3 ALA – 2.5g
Super Omega-6 GLA – 0.5g
Super Omega-3 SDA – 0.25g
Rev. Jack

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Namasta Goobud and all

We would love to have you! work here can be hard to find when you first arrive, it is immediatly assumed you have or will develop a gambling problem. However, depending on your trade(s) there is good work here.

You have brought up an idea that I have had and considered at great depth. Money it is said is the root of all evil, it has also been said that the lack of money is the root of all evil. All of us need our Sacraments, few of us have the space and money for the equipment and energy and the seed and the skills, all of which are required to grow our own. We can find a few dollars on semi-regular basis to give to a guy we know who knows a guy blah blah blah. Supporting a garden is like supporting any function of our church. It has expences that must be met and many benefit. However, the establishing of a garden is a very expensive thing! It requires upfront support for at least 3 to 4 months before the first harvest. Then donations over and above expences could be directed to establishing the next garden and so on as well as other ministry expences and projects.

As acceptance of our constitutional rights improves gardens will become easier to establish. Oneday soon we all will just pick a sunny spot in the backyard or a sunny window. It alas takes time to teach people how not to be bigots, especially when the wear a badge or hold an office. In the mean time we have an opportunity to do some very wonderful things, things that one day be spoken of with awe and reverance, in the enlightened generations to come. But only if we take action soon, there is a storm brewing, an ugly storm, a storm that will end the world we are use to. You feel it, you see the signs, you remember your history or your in denial. Some believe this will happen in 2012, 5 years from now.
Rev. Jack

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Namasta Calm and all

Love the Poem Exclamation can I copy it to our sight www.cantheist.org
Quote:
I want to speak to you about a tree. It's not just any tree...it once held your babies in the comfort of its boughs, It once lighted your homes and prospered your towns. It carried your ships to a land of the free. It carried Gods word for you and for me...It's God's chosen creation made on the third day...A tree of life some scholars will say...but you have denied it... and you called it evil...you denied it's strength and use for the people. It remained to wave at the end of all battles a star spangled banner who with stood the tatter...it was worn by priest and kings back then...to call it a weed seems like a sin...for it was a string on Benjamins kite...that brought use electric and conquered the night...

The tree here in known as Kaneh Bosm was used in the oil to anoint 12 apostles. It was burned before God on the alter of incense. It was the smoking flax Jesus shall not quench. For Seventy Years you have harkened to lies the time is now to anoint your eyes...to buy of this Gold tried in the fire ...that you may be rich with Godly attire. The truth of this now shall ring in your ears and told to your children for 1,000 years. For Gods patience with ignorance has now been spent....Look unto Jesus, Repent, Repent Repent....

Quote:
GOD SHOWED FAVORTISM to Abels sacrafice

I believe it more likely that Caine "Felt" GOD SHOWED FAVORTISM to Abels sacrafice. it has been my experience that it is I not GOD who has the problem in this relationship. When "we" are not on the path, within the divine realm the universe around us reflects the Evil or Very Mad back at us. The problem wasn't with the sacrafice or GOD it was with Caine's attitude to GOD, Abel and most of all himself.
"The Path" has been beautifully presented in a video called "The Secret" www.thesecret.tv and "the Law of Attraction". This Path is simple stated as "feeling" the Love, Gratitude, Joy, Peace, Abundance that is your inheritance as the beloved and precious child of the First Source and Center of all the Universes. We do not fathem how precious we really are, if we did the world would be as Heaven
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Questions and faqs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: