THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index
AustraliaBasqueBulgariaCanadaChinaEgyptFranceGreeceIcelandIndiaIndonesiaIrelandJamaicaJapanJordanLatviaMexicoNetherlandsNew Zealand
NorwaySpainPakistanLebanonPeruPolandPeurto RicoRomaniaRussiaSingaporeSouth AfricaSudanSwedenThailandTurkeyUnited KingdomUSAUzbekistan
BBC PROPAGANDA!!!! 5 mins to help put a stop to it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> The 'War on Drugs'
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Did ya?
I did. (and spread the word)
100%
 100%  [ 3 ]
I did.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3

Digit
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 4:59 pm    Post subject: BBC PROPAGANDA!!!! 5 mins to help put a stop to it. Reply with quote

Shocked Sad Mad i'd expect this level of propaganda from 1930s or 1950s America... but now, in this age, in the UK, from "the people's broadcaster" of all places! think about it, the date this is reported, the date it happened, the date of reclassification..... i smell BLATANT PROPAGANDA!
{V{{ COPIED AS IS FROM WHERE I DISCOVERED THIS OUTRAGE }}V}
The following story was posted on the BBC web site (and presumably regional tv). The story contains the implication that 'cannabis addiction' led a man to shoot his neighbour in a dispute.

Although the story acknowledges that the police found the man in a drunken coma, this is seen as a mark on his character and not the primary driver of the incident.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/...ire/3399805.stm

This is a lie. We cannot and will not allow *our* public broadcaster to promote ignorance about cannabis. If you're serious about wanting a change in the laws and attitudes toward the weed, take 10 minutes to register your disapproval (link marked feedback on the BBC site, accessible from that story); write; phone; turn up at the damned gates.
Complain! LOUDLY!

The record no. of complaints for a BBC programme is around 500. Overgrow could smash that by themselves.

Mail this to every interested party you know and make sure they do the same. Back up your points with relevant, irrefutable information; let's generate a total blitz of complaints and make sure that this blatant nonsense is exposed for what it is - the alternative is that we let this stand on public record.

I include my own email for reference.

-- flinchvoid

======== email follows ===================

Dear Sir/Madam

I write concerning the referenced story. I am frankly stunned at the logical fallacy of the piece which attempts to link cannabis use and violent crime while glossing over the proven relation between alcohol and the same.

Cannabis has never been linked to antisocial behaviours other than the illegality of obtaining and using the drug; alcohol on the other hand at peak times accounts for some 80% of A&E admissions.

I feel that the facts speak for themselves and include a selection of articles for your perusal which should at least begin to set the record straight.

Yours,

-- Bob Gregory

http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/en.asp?...440&LinkID=2515

http://www.alcoholpolicysolutions.n...ility_crime.htm

http://www.ias.org.uk/publications/...ert9803_p2.html
{^{{ COPIED AS IS FROM WHERE I DISCOVERED THIS OUTRAGE }}^}

ps, i don't care where in the world you are. i've done plenty for cannabis in many different nations... please do the UK the same courtesy. thnx for reading. Wink
-We are Psychenauts, and we are not afraid.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Echo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Digit, I have tried your link but it doesn't seem to work.

Does anyone else experience the same problem?

Echo

'You, your joys and your sorrows, your memories and your ambitions, your sense of personal identity and free will, are in fact no more than the behaviour of a vast assembly of nerve cells and their associated molecules,' Francis Crick (1916~2004)

Kent THC Ministry
Fat Smoker
getting into high spirits
getting into high spirits

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I heard about that story...it claims that the Uk is becoming to soft on cannabis.
So you have a jpint and you kill your neighbour because of a 'hedge' in the garden.
So would you still kill your neighbour if you had a cup of tea instead of a spliff?.
I think some people would love to ban everything?.

Never mind all that!, just past the splif and the pies.
Rev. Bob

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 links not workin

Use the Cannabis as a Sacrament ;
http://www.thc-ministery-eire.tk

http://www.3mz.utvinternet.com
Boojum

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The story is at
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/lincolnshire/3399805.stm

Please send a complaint - the current record for single complaints against a BBC story is 500, let's see if we can smash it & get it on the TV news!!!
And that's the day I knew there was this entire life behind things, and... this incredibly benevolent force, that wanted me to know there was no reason to be afraid, ever. Video's a poor excuse. But it helps me remember... and I need to remember... Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world I feel like I can't take it, like my heart's going to cave in.
American Beauty.
Pepper

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Coroner has no way of knowing the cause of the incident and his bias against cannabis is obvious.
Ferre
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I emailed the BBC to complain.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rev. Bob

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 1:53 am    Post subject: BBC Reply with quote

i emailed BBC to inqyire ; who was responsible for this misinfo., as my daughter's 'education may depend on their media broadcasts'. they are responsible to the people of england as a public body.

pity i live in ireland Crying or Very sad
Laughing

Use the Cannabis as a Sacrament ;
http://www.thc-ministery-eire.tk

http://www.3mz.utvinternet.com
Ska_Pastora

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent an e-mail...
It was brief, it made a point...
I also got a relpy saying that they thank me for my interets in the BBC and that they have had similar complaints about that article...

but there is nothing they can do Mad
this smells a little funny

take it easy...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
David
yes, I'm still here...
yes, I'm still here...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 4:35 pm    Post subject: Am I a Mad Man Reply with quote

I grow marijuana,

but don't worry I told my neighbours and they have all moved away, it's like a ghost town now.

I thought it was the gun that killed Mr Wilson.

If we get rid of all guns, will the marijuana keep killing.

I have decided to carry on smoking as one death has not changed my mind, but I sold my fucking car.

Lots of Love
David
PotSmokingFiend

Location: On a small blue/green planet in one of the outer spiral arms of a Galaxy called 'The Milky Way'.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Digit thanx alot for bringing this to the attention of the forum! claps
I hav written to them aswell. with any luck and the help from everyone at various pro cannabis forums the BBC should recieve a record number of complaints. if so then there is no way that they can just ignore it. they will be forced by the public into taking action!!

ccc bong smoke2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> The 'War on Drugs' All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: