THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index
AustraliaBasqueBulgariaCanadaChinaEgyptFranceGreeceIcelandIndiaIndonesiaIrelandJamaicaJapanJordanLatviaMexicoNetherlandsNew Zealand
NorwaySpainPakistanLebanonPeruPolandPeurto RicoRomaniaRussiaSingaporeSouth AfricaSudanSwedenThailandTurkeyUnited KingdomUSAUzbekistan
aye yi yi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Cannabis news
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lilli
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:06 am    Post subject: aye yi yi Reply with quote

http://www.gov.on.ca/opp/marihuana/english/default.htm
Shocked
Ont. Molson brewery site of major pot bust
CTV.ca News Staff

A vacant Molson's brewery in a Barrie, Ont. industrial park has been found to be housing one of the province's largest marijuana grow operations ever discovered.

"It is huge. It's the largest indoor operation that any of us have ever seen," said Ontario Provincial Police Supt. Bill Crate. "We encounter a lot of indoor operations and certainly being the OPP, a lot of outdoor operations, but this is the largest one that we've ever encountered."

Over 100 police officers moved on the operation shortly after midnight Friday.

The building is 125,000 square feet and three stories high. Police won't say how much of the plant the operation covers, but they will say it's massive.

Ten people were arrested, and more arrests are promised.

Molson's, Canada's largest brewing company, shut the plant down just over three years ago. Four hundred people lost their jobs.

Since then, it's been leased to industrial tenants.

Police say they can't put a dollar value yet on the marijuana produced there, but believe it was professionally run.

"(It) involves thousands and thousands of marijuana plants, and at this moment they are close to fruition, to being harvested," Crate said.

"The operation here is very, very sophisticated and like I said, it was run like a factory with shift workers."

It isn't known yet how such a large operation managed to exist for so long.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/1073775087508_82/%3Fhub%3DCTVNewsAt11
" I pass to you the torch that Christ once passed to me, others are still in the dark an need the light to see"
Fyrefly1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aye yi yi !!!!

Now the rest of the town's out of a job.... Sad
Romadon

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder what they intend to do with all of those beautiful plants. At least the O. P P. was nice enough to share some far-out pix with us. I wonder how the U. S Government would react to such an operation and what would be the estimated monetary value they would place on it. Cannabis must sell for less in Canada than the U. S.
kytaira

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, the relative prices are almost the same. The BIGGEST difference for us the exchange rate. We pay about the same dollar number here, with the exchange werks out to be rather cheaper....

About:

1) $10-20 - 1 Gram.
2) $25-45 - 3.5 grams
3) $50-90 - 7 grams
4) $100-150 - 14 grams
5) $200-300 - 1 Ounce
6) $500-1000 - 4 Ounces
7) $1000-2000 - 8 Ounces
Cool $1500-3000 - 1 Pound.

Give or take, these are averages around my area of Canada.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Cannabis news All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: