THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index
Arrested and Violated in Kentucky
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Testimonials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
buekerc1
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 6:00 pm    Post subject: Arrested and Violated in Kentucky Reply with quote

Exhausted late on Wednesday night around 11:26, after I got off from a long day’s work at Fifth Third Bank as a Mail Operator, I was driving SWIM (someone who I met) to someone's apartment on Route. Looking for landmarks and a speed-limit sign, we only had the slightest idea where we were, but that was the point of driving on the country roads, to figure out how to get there without the highways systems. It didn’t help that the person driving behind us, was tailgating us for a mile or so and was making excessive efforts to make me accelerate by over-accelerating then braking, just before making contact with my back bumper; this was making me slightly nervous. I don’t like having rushed people driving behind me when I don’t know exactly where I am. This was just prior to the officer arriving from the other direction and turning around to follow the SUV, which was following me. This means the officer had to observe my car weaving “side to side” with an obstacle of another vehicle in front of him.

As we arrived upon the street we were looking for, Route, we turned onto the road and immediately got pulled over for “driving side to side [as he] received a phone compliant of the subject weaving.” We were in my car and the cannabis belonged to me and the pipe to SWIM. I had my "Cannabis kit" (a yellow pencil bag that included my cannabis and his pipe) in the back seat, under the passenger's seat, along with my book bag that included the binder that Roger Christie had sent me for the sincere religious practice of Cannabis. I had all the documentation with me, but was never given the change to utilize it.

As Officer J.J. Bird approached the car, he insisted that I get out the car. I initially replied no, but then reconsidered and got out. When he took me around the car (in direct line of the police video camera) he proceeded and started to badger me. He questioned me if I was under the influence of Shrooms (as he referred to them, but was probably referencing psilocybin-containing mushrooms) Cocaine, PCP, Alcohol, and Cannabis, but then ceased the accusations when he realized I was sober.

This is when the focus of Officer Bird diverted to SWIM. The officer started to walk to the car and confronted SWIM because he turned around to see why the officer was badgering me. I was still turned towards the road, as we were pulled over on the right-hand side of the street. Then, I turned around and took a step, and at this point, I was belligerently tackled onto my car by a second officer who arrived at the scene. After tackling me onto the car, he throws me to the ground and passed handcuffs around me. The second officer justified his hostile actions by threatening to arrest me for endangering an officer, in which I never was arrested for “Endangering an Officer of the Law.”

I turned around because the officer had opened the back-passenger’s door, without my permission, without SWIMs permission, and without a warrant, in fact he never asked for either of our permission. This is when Officer J.J. Bird discovered the kit under the back portion of the passenger’s seat. I was still eating grass at this time, and this is when I first made mention of the THC-ministry. The two officers and a third one arrived to the scene shortly after this, took great pride in ridiculing and dehumanizing religious beliefs and rights. One of the officer’s searched my book bag and I informed the officer, “It would be in the best interest of the three of you, to take the time and peruse the white binder” that had the legal document on the front cover that declares, “As an officer of the law you have zero compelling State of Federal interest in prohibiting the free exercise of our sincere, legitimate and private religious practice. Thank you for protecting our First Amendment Constitutional rights and for honoring your sacred oath of office to defend them.”

One of the officer’s cuffed SWIM and we were both placed into the back of the police cruiser, without every being read our Miranda Rights, and I had no idea if I was under arrest because all three of the officers failed to do their duty of declaring me as an arrestee or detainee. While sitting in the cruiser, I politely asked Officer Bird if he could bring my book bag because it included crucial evidence that was imperative to the plea; yet he told me no. As Officer Bird was filling out paperwork, the officer with a mustache came over the window and tried to inform me that a religious plea of peyote has already been unsuccessfully tried. The state of the officer was epitomized at the time because the same Act that ensures freedom also protects Indians of the Native American Church to use peyote religiously, hence legally, The Religious Freedom Act of 1993 and the Andrew’s Test.

SWIM and I were not smoking, nor under the influence of cannabis while we were in the car. I feel my rights and my humanity have been violated by these actions of the people who are suppose to protect and serve, The Officer’s of the Law.

Last edited by buekerc1 on Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:20 pm; edited 3 times in total
Pepper

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear of your troubles. What were you charged with?
Torkel

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry that you & your friend had to go thru all that crap. Sad

You should call Roger Christie asap, IMO.

Don't let the police dept off the hook...sue them!

Keep us posted on this matter, please.

Good luck, brother Wink

Peace,
Torkel

Miranda vs Arizona (384 U.S. 436, 125): "Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no rule-making or legislation which would abrogate them."

HAGANS vs LAVINE (415 US 533 N-3,note 5): "Once JURISDICTION is challenged it must be proven by the Plaintiff."
Echo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happened afterwards? Were you charged of anything at all? Have you got a trial to go to?

Gosh it must be hard! I am terribly sorry for your misfortune. I can just hope that the papers will do the trick, despite the cops' ignorance in this matters. It's funny (not really) though that you were not under the influence and still got arrested... because of the kit?

Please let us know more.
But I’ll stand my ground and I won’t back down
buekerc1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pepper... charged with
a. side to side
b. possession of cannabis
c. possession of paraphernalia

torkel... i seriously want to sue the state, does it sound like i have a change bc i have the means to

echo... the court date is june 30, 2005

thx for the support everyone!!! and i have notified roger.
Torkel

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
torkel... i seriously want to sue the state, does it sound like i have a change bc i have the means to

It sounds like religious discrimination and pure abuse of their authority, to me anyway>>
Quote:
After tackling me onto the car, he throws me to the ground and passed handcuffs around me. The second officer justified his hostile actions by threatening to arrest me for endangering an officer, in which I never was arrested for “Endangering an Officer of the Law.”

He tried to justify it to himself/you...but I think the "law" would see it differently.
Rolling Eyes

Anyway, this will/should work out in your/our favor by letting the cops/leo know of the thc-ministry's rights pertaining to "religious freedom".

If justice is served then leo will know about their limits and you won't be bothered by them any longer.

You'll be able to partake of the sacrament more freely with a peace of mind, which there is no substitute for.

Smile

Peace,
Torkel

Miranda vs Arizona (384 U.S. 436, 125): "Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no rule-making or legislation which would abrogate them."

HAGANS vs LAVINE (415 US 533 N-3,note 5): "Once JURISDICTION is challenged it must be proven by the Plaintiff."
Brother Adam

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a tragedy. Yes, you do have a case. I seriously doubt it's legal for them to mock your religion and arrest you on top of that. Not to mention the police brutality you suffered. I'm willing to bet the dash cam has footage of you turning to step on the curb. It also sounds like an illegal search as well. He had no reason other than heresay to even pull you over. He didn't even bother with a sobriety test??? I mean, that's the reason he pulled you over, right? Why did he feel he had probable cause to search your vehicle if you were seemingly sober enough not to need a sobriety test?

I would not let this go if you truely do have the means. DO IT!

BTW, was your sacrament tagged as well? If it was, and the tag isn't submitted to evidence with it....wouldn't that be tampering of evidence????

As usual it seems there are many holes in thier method of operations. It's stories like this that make it impossible to see police officers as anything more than power trippin' pigs.
buekerc1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i forgot to mention that, as soon as he demanded that i step out of the car. officer jj bird (K112) proformed the eye to eye test, and i had to follow his finger. he said i failed it, but i can't believe him and that test is so subjectable, it's however the po-lice want to interprete it, and considering the complexes and insecurities that the three of the officer's displayed, you can't trust shit they say.

my parents are behind me on this one and are helping me out financially. they don't believe in our beliefs, but understand the situation of how i was a subject of po-lice brutality

i didn't have my cannabis tagged bc i know my rights and would never let a cop search my car, but by this time i was cuffed. One of the officers got my thc-ministry card out of my wallet bc i told them i had proof of my religion. they all had a feild day with the card. i think the officer's did put the card into evidence bc i did not receive the card back when i got outta jail at like 13:00 the next day.

and about the dash-cam, one of the officer's said (this in not verbatim) "oh, man, that would have been great to get on video." i think that was all bluff bc at this time i think they might have realized they fucked up big time by not resighting our miranda rights and wanted me to think they was no evidence of their illegal doings.

"As usual it seems there are many holes in thier method of operations. It's stories like this that make it impossible to see police officers as anything more than power trippin' pigs." ... nicely stated and i couldn't agree more
Pepper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's difficult to do, but you have to seperate your emotions from the situation. If you can compose yourself and be courteous it will help you in your case to prove that the officers over-reacted and over-stepped their bounds. Have you spoken to a lawyer yet? A lawyer will be able to collect all the evidence including any video that may exist.
buekerc1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea i agree with controlling my emotions to help me out in court. i have contacted a lawyer, but this was on friday afternoon, so i won't hear from him till monday. yea thats what i figured, just have the lawyer obtain the dash-cam footage.
Brother Adam

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck to you buekerc1! I'm positive this is one you can one...I'd love to hear Roger chime in. He usually has some very insightful comments. (Umm, that's your cue Roger....) Very Happy
RogerChristie
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:11 pm    Post subject: Vastly different and completely similar Reply with quote

Hello bueks and everyone,

Aloha. Every cannabis case is totally different - and they're almost exactly the same, too. Here's why.

The "content"; the details, the the people involved, the location, the circumstances, etc. in each and every case are completely unique.

The "context"; the way we, or I, metaphysically handle each case, however, is virtually the same. Bless it, "God, that's great!, look for the gifts, forgive everyone, complete respect for everyone, good manners for everyone, look within for the cause of our victim mentality, rebuild confidence with positive affirmations, etc.

I look forward to talking with bueks later today on the phone, if possible. I'm available from 9 - noon Hawai'i time. Call me, OK? 808 961-0488.

All the very best to everyone,

Roger

###
buekerc1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have talked to a couple of lawyers. today (wed) i'm talking with another and on friday. on firday, i am talking to a lawyer who has represented someone from the thc-ministry so that the good news. the bad news is the supreme court and their ruling of medicinal cannabis, not medicinal marijuana. i hate the word marijuana, as it was used to associate the "drug" with a minority.

i gave ya a call around 12 cincinnati time on wed, it sounds like your out till thurs. i'll give ya another ring tom. does anyone know the time difference between hawaii and cincinnati?

thx everyone
Mystic Power
admin THC-Ministry YahooGroup
admin THC-Ministry YahooGroup

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're Central Time, that would be 5 hours.

"In Lak'ech"
~ Ancient Mayan: "I am another YOU." ~
Brother Adam

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the good news is the gov't owes you equal protection under the law. If the Native American Church can use peyote as a sacrament, you can use cannabis. When the Rastafarians religious rights to use cannabis as a sacrament were upheld by the supreme court, so were yours. You have the right to "equal protection under the law"........

Be sincere, and be knowledgable. You don't need a lawyer to interpret your rights to you. Read them and know them. Tell this lawyer of these two precedents and any others that you can.

Tell the courts because of these two precedents and the fact that you are protected under the religous freedom restoration act and the first amendment to the constitution. If they decide they want to hand down a decision like they did in the Raich case, remind them "governments should not substantially burden religious exercise without compelling justification"...and that if they are worried about "controlling interstate commerce" they should provide it for you like they still do for 7 medical marijuana patients to this day.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Testimonials All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: