THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index
applying oil
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Cannabis, Religion and History
View previous topic :: View next topic  
d0kdr
yes, I'm still here...
yes, I'm still here...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 12:04 am    Post subject: applying oil Reply with quote

Does the bible say not to put the oil on any one other than a priest or that only priest can put it on people.
Torkel
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I don't know what the bible says, but I'd apply the oil to whoever needed it and whatever my common sense told me to do. Wink

Trust your own self to do what's right, for each occasion is unique in itself.

Peace,
Torkel

Miranda vs Arizona (384 U.S. 436, 125): "Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no rule-making or legislation which would abrogate them."

HAGANS vs LAVINE (415 US 533 N-3,note 5): "Once JURISDICTION is challenged it must be proven by the Plaintiff."
Brother Jon_Paul

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehehe good question....

*puts on his "local religion dude" hat."

when the christian church first started, they decided that only apostles, and people ORDAINED by apostles could hold high positioins in the church (priest, bishop, pope, etc.) this is where the practice of apostolic succession came from, where priests are annointed by priests before them. THIS comes from an older tradition.

in ancient israel, when a father passed his blessing on to his son, he annointed him with oil.

annointing oil is, biblically, a symbolic passiong-of-the-torch. it represents the succession of individuals through a line of family, priesthood, etc.

however, annointing can also be done for purification and the driving out of spirits. it's a way to symbolically cleans a person, in most cases directly preceding this passing-of-the-torch.

so yeah....uhm short answer....you don't have to be a priest or be becoming a priest to use annointing oil according to the bible
RogerChristie
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:48 am    Post subject: Voo-doo? Or you do? Reply with quote

"Does the bible say not to put the oil on any one other than a priest or that only priest can put it on people."

Hello there dOkdr,

Aloha. Good for you for asking about the specifics of applying holy oil. The Old Testament does put some heavy voo-doo as a warning that it is ONLY for high priests and Kings and the material objects that they were likely to touch for a 'contact high'.

As far as I know, "Jesus" came along 2,000 years later and broke the Mosiac law of anointing. The theory is that he felt that everyone was worthy of the very best that their tribe had to offer. Jesus anointed, or 'Christened', many people who became known as the Christians, literally the anointed ones. Now I know why.

"Jesus Christ" translates as, "I am anointed."

All the best to you,

Roger

###
Brother Jon_Paul

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

erm i don't think that's the correct translation. Jesus called Himself "I am" but that was something totaly different from His name. Jesus is the Greek version of the Hebrew name "Yeshua" or Joshua, which means "Jehova Saves," "Jehova" being on of the many Hebrew names for God. "Christ" again comes from a Greek translation of a Hebrew word. "Messiah" which means "annointed of God." So the name really means something more along the lines of "The annointed one of God who saves." Keep in mind, also, Jesus never called himself "Christ." That was a title added to him quite some time after He died, when the bible was being written.
Stokes

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting, Brother Jon Paul.

Thank you for sharing this with us.

Smile

Where love is, there God is also.

-Mahatma Gandhi
d0kdr
yes, I'm still here...
yes, I'm still here...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 6:40 pm    Post subject: symbiosis Reply with quote

What kind of cinnamon was used? I know there are different types of cinnimon from entirley different species of trees so cinnamon can simply mean powdered bark. Whith all the mistranslations and the fact that cannabis is obviously more spiritualy confirmed by its anceint use in every spiritual culture on the planet do you think there could be one more typo off by one letter? Were they hidden with the Rabelias method by the knights of the templar to avoid religous persicution of Christians or is just another typo mistranslation? If it was hidden do you think it is ready to be clarified like (kanebosm) cannabis has been?
Fyrefly1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My understanding is that the translation used was pretty accurate and Cinnamon was the spice...Roger uses the whole cinnamon bark like in the spice cabinet.
d0kdr
yes, I'm still here...
yes, I'm still here...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:46 am    Post subject: calamus Reply with quote

the word calamus replaced the word cannabis in some of the bibles I have seen so the only thing clear about that was how obviously mistranslated it was. Im not trying to expose anything that should be kept secret or try to say I am right and every one is wrong like they have been for almost 200 years with the word calamus its just a mind trip I go on every time I think about some one "being excommunicated from his people" for mixing the oil wrong. Do any of you have any clue what kind of bark I am hinting at?

Last edited by d0kdr on Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Mystic Power
admin THC-Ministry YahooGroup

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:57 am    Post subject: Re: calamus Reply with quote

d0kdr wrote:
Do any of you have any clue what kind of bark I am hinting at?

The "wrong tree" kind...? Laughing
Please feel free to elucidate, Bro. Inquiring minds, and all that...

Brother Jon_Paul wrote:
*puts on his "local religion dude" hat."

I'm thinking about getting a cute li'l pointy Pope Hat...but with the two beer-can disperser thingie on it!

...ever the fashion-mave...

Bliss,
Ben

"In Lak'ech"
~ Ancient Mayan: "I am another YOU." ~
Mystic Power

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

P.S.
In days of old, when anointing was all the rage, they used to POUR IT FROM A PITCHER, completely inundating the head and shoulders.

Imagine!

Bliss,
Ben

"In Lak'ech"
~ Ancient Mayan: "I am another YOU." ~
Brother Jon_Paul

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually my local religion dude hat is a bandana folded and tied tommy chong style to keep the hair out of my face....and so i wind up looking like a hippy. but that's the closest thing to a hat i wear. i don't look good in hats.
d0kdr
yes, I'm still here...
yes, I'm still here...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:49 pm    Post subject: Jesus Christ clarified the law Reply with quote

vs

Last edited by d0kdr on Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:33 am; edited 1 time in total
RogerChristie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:19 am    Post subject: What is THAT plant? Reply with quote

Hello dOkdr,

Aloha. OK, I'm sitting here in the rainforest in Hawai'i and I REALLY want to know what that second plant is you posted. It's all over some areas of Puna, Hawai'i growing like a weed.

By the way, what's the first one, too?

All the best to you,

Roger

###
Torkel

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roger wrote:
Quote:
I REALLY want to know what that second plant is you posted. It's all over some areas of Puna, Hawai'i growing like a weed.

By the way, what's the first one, too?

The one in the 1st pic looks like a Mimosa(silk tree), maybe...

the 2nd pic looks like a variation of the same, but the leaves look a little like the yew spp.

???

Peace,
Torkel

Miranda vs Arizona (384 U.S. 436, 125): "Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no rule-making or legislation which would abrogate them."

HAGANS vs LAVINE (415 US 533 N-3,note 5): "Once JURISDICTION is challenged it must be proven by the Plaintiff."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Cannabis, Religion and History All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: