THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index
AustraliaBasqueBulgariaCanadaChinaEgyptFranceGreeceIcelandIndiaIndonesiaIrelandJamaicaJapanJordanLatviaMexicoNetherlandsNew Zealand
NorwaySpainPakistanLebanonPeruPolandPeurto RicoRomaniaRussiaSingaporeSouth AfricaSudanSwedenThailandTurkeyUnited KingdomUSAUzbekistan
Ancient Hymn To Marijuana

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Cannabis, Religion and History
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dan
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 12:11 am    Post subject: Ancient Hymn To Marijuana Reply with quote

The avesta is considered by many religious scholars as the most ancient religious text, with this section the yasna the oldest of the avesta.
I simply replaced haoma with the word marijuana at every instance and if you know marijuana you will love the whole thing...
My translation of Yasna 9-10, with links to the avesta glossary plus a short glossary of some terms used at the top, is located here...

http://coc.enlightener.net/coc/articles/y9to11s.htm

Here I quote my extended translation of yasna 10 which I feels goes directly to the point..

YASNA 10.
1. Let the Demon-gods and Goddesses fly far away from hence, and let the good Sraosha make here his home! [And may the good Blessedness here likewise dwell], and may she here spread delight and peace within this house, Ahura's, which is sanctified by Marijuana, bringing righteousness (to all).

2. At the first force of thy pressure, O intelligent! I praise thee with my voice, while I grasp at first thy shoots. At thy next pressure, O intelligent! I praise thee with my voice, when as with full force of a man I crush thee down.

3. I praise the cloud that waters thee, and the rains which make thee grow on the summits of the mountains; and I praise thy lofty mountains where the Marijuana branches spread.

4. This wide earth do I praise, expanded far (with paths), the productive, the full bearing, thy mother, holy plant! Yea, I praise the lands where thou dost grow, sweet-scented, swiftly spreading, the good growth of the Lord. O Marijuana, thou growest on the mountains, apart on many paths, and there still may'st thou flourish. The springs of Righteousness most verily thou art, (and the fountains of the ritual find their source in thee)!

5. Grow (then) because I pray to thee on all thy stems and branches, in all thy shoots (and tendrils) increase thou through my word!

6. Marijuana grows while he is praised, and the man who praises him is therewith more victorious. The lightest pressure of thee, Marijuana, thy feeblest praise, the slightest tasting of thy juice, avails to the thousand-smiting of the Daevas.

7. Wasting doth vanish from that house, and-with it foulness, whither in verity they bear thee, and where thy praise in truth is sung, the drink of Marijuana, famed, health-bringing (as thou art). [(Pazand) to his village and abode they bear him.]

8. All other toxicants go hand in hand with Rapine of the bloody spear, but Marijuana's stirring power goes hand in hand with friendship. [Light is the drunkenness of Marijuana (Pazand).]
Who as a tender son caresses Marijuana, forth to the bodies of such persons Marijuana comes to heal.

9. Of all the healing virtues, Marijuana, whereby thou art a healer, grant me some. Of all the victorious powers, whereby thou art a victor, grant me some. A faithful praiser will I be to thee, O Marijuana, and a faithful praiser (is) a better (thing) than Righteousness the Best; so hath the Lord, declaring (it), decreed.

10. Swift and wise hath the well-skilled Deity created thee; swift and wise on high Haraiti did He, the well-skilled, plant thee.

11. And taught (by implanted instinct) on every side, the bounteous birds have carried thee to the Peaks-above-the-eagles, to the mount's extremest summit, to the gorges and abysses, to the heights of many pathways, to the snow-peaks ever whitened.

12. There, Marijuana, on the ranges dost thou grow of many kinds. Now thou growest of milky whiteness, and now thou growest golden; and forth thine healing liquors flow for the inspiring of the pious. So terrify away from me the (death's) aim of the curser. So terrify and crush his thought who stands as my maligner.

13. Praise be to thee, O Marijuana, (for he makes the poor man's thoughts as great as any of the richest whomsoever.) Praise be to Marijuana, (for he makes the poor man's thoughts as great as when mind reacheth culmination.) With manifold retainers dost thou, O Marijuana, endow the man who drinks thee mixed with milk; yea, more prosperous thou makest him, and more endowed with mind.

[ note by dan: that the hempseed can be made into a more nutricious milk than soy, and provides the means for immulsion of oil in water, that then strips the THC from the leaves, and then once filtered carries all the nutrients of the seed plus the medicinal/spiritual properties of the THC]

14. Do not vanish from me suddenly like milk-drops in the rain; let thine exhilarations go forth ever vigorous and fresh; and let them come to me with strong effect. Before thee, holy Marijuana, thou bearer of the ritual truth, and around thee would I cast this body, a body which (as all) may see (is fit for gift and) grown.

15. I renounce with vehemence the murderous woman's emptiness, the Jaini's, hers, with intellect dethroned. She vainly thinks to foil us, and would beguile both Fire-priest and Marijuana; but she herself, deceived therein, shall perish. And when she sits at home, and wrongly eats of Marijuana's offering, priest's mother will that never make her, nor give her holy sons!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

16. To five do I belong, to five others do I not; of the good thought am I, of the evil am I not; of the good word am I, of the evil am I not; of the good deed am I, and of the evil, not.
To Obedience am I given, and to deaf disobedience, not; to the saint do I belong, and to the wicked, not; and so from this on till the ending shall be the spirits' parting. (The two shall here divide.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

17. Thereupon spake Zarathushtra: Praise to Marijuana, Mazda-made. Good is Marijuana, Mazda-made. All the plants of Marijuana praise I, on the heights of lofty mountains, in the gorges of the valleys, in the clefts (of sundered hill-sides) cut for the bundles bound by women. From the silver cup I pour Thee to the golden chalice over. Let me not thy (sacred) liquor spill to earth, of precious cost.

18. These are thy Gathas, holy Marijuana, these thy songs, and these thy teachings, and these thy truthful ritual words, health-imparting, victory-giving, from harmful hatred healing giving.

19. These and thou art mine, and forth let thine exhilarations flow; bright and sparkling let them hold on their (steadfast) way; for light are thine exhilaration(s), and flying lightly come they here. Victory-giving smiteth Marijuana, victory-giving is it worshipped; with this Gathic word we praise it.

20. Praise to the Kine; praise and victory (be) spoken to her! Food for the Kine, and pasture! 'For the Kine let thrift use toil; yield thou us food.'

21. We worship the yellow lofty one; we worship Marijuana who causes progress, who makes the settlements advance; we worship Marijuana who drives death afar; yea, we worship all the Marijuana plants. And we worship (their) blessedness, and the Fravashi of Zarathushtra Spitama, the saint.

Pax Vobiscum [L. Peace be with you]
dan of dan&mary

While some rely on unprovable lies and man-made Icons,
we rely on the provably ancient religious reliance "Hemp";
in all its forms and for all of its uses!!!!!

With good thoughts, good words, good deeds we honor the Holy Marijuana as the Teacher, The Provider, The Protector."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
TrueProCannabis420

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Shocked Whoa.. soooo SIMPLE, yet sooo COMPLEX! mmm.. makes me think.... Seems alot of those are related to ressiance time?
Lilli
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We must remember tho to worship the one who gave us the universe and the plant and be careful not to worship the plant itself. For it is not greater then he who made it. It was thru his love and kind considerations for us and the forsight of how useful the cannabis would be for us. You know in the bible it says that in the new world the one the meek shall inherit that the eye has not seen an the ear has not heard what he has in store for us. It also says that it will take 2 men to carry a single bunch of grapes because everythings going to be so big an lush...can you for a minute imagine what the cannabis will be like then? Much love and respect.
~Lilli~
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Cannabis, Religion and History All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: