THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index
AustraliaBasqueBulgariaCanadaChinaEgyptFranceGreeceIcelandIndiaIndonesiaIrelandJamaicaJapanJordanLatviaMexicoNetherlandsNew Zealand
NorwaySpainPakistanLebanonPeruPolandPeurto RicoRomaniaRussiaSingaporeSouth AfricaSudanSwedenThailandTurkeyUnited KingdomUSAUzbekistan
ACTS OF THOMAS. From The Apocryphal New Testament

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Slide
Cannabis Sacrament Minister
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 11:36 pm    Post subject: ACTS OF THOMAS. From The Apocryphal New Testament Reply with quote

I was reading this the other night and found it interesting.

What struck me the detailed description of his self-anoiting process and also the similarities to some of the anoitment the Lilli described. Here is the link and the text will follow.

http://wesley.nnu.edu/noncanon/acts/actthom.htm

And after they had put up in the inn and rested a little space they went to the marriage; and the apostle seeing them all set down (reclining), laid himself, he also, in the midst, and all looked upon him, as upon a stranger and one come from a foreign land: but Abbanes the merchant, being his master, laid himself in another place.

5 And as they dined and drank, the apostle tasted nothing; so they that were about him said unto him: Wherefore art thou come here, neither eating nor drinking? but he answered them, saying: I am come here for somewhat greater than the food or the drink, and that I may fulfil the king's will. For the heralds proclaim the king's message, and whoso hearkeneth not to the heralds shall be subject to the king's judgement.

So when they had dined and drunken, and garlands and unguents were brought to them, every man took of the unguent, and one anointed his face and another his beard and another other parts of his body; but the apostle anointed the top of his head and smeared a little upon his nostrils, and dropped it into his ears and touched his teeth with it, and carefully anointed the parts about his heart: and the wreath that was brought to him, woven of myrtle and other flowers, he took, and set it on his head, and took a branch of calamus and held it in his hand.

I wonder if calamus is mis-translated here as well?? This takes place in India and although calamus grows there so does cannabis.

The versus are interesting to read. They get into some areas that I question if the words came from Christ or from their own or some one elses hangups.

Interesting reading non the less.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: