THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index
A Cannabis flower by any other name , does it smell as sweet
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Questions and faqs
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should we discourage the use of words like marijuana, pot, reefer etc.?
Yes! Strongly
37%
 37%  [ 6 ]
Yes! Gently
31%
 31%  [ 5 ]
I don't care
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
I don't understand the question
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Call it marijuana, it freaks the judge out!
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Other, please post explanation
18%
 18%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 16

Rev. Jack
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:56 pm    Post subject: A Cannabis flower by any other name , does it smell as sweet Reply with quote

A Cannabis flower by any other name , does it smell as sweet Question

I am one who believes words have Power. Phenomenal Power. Words are symbols to represent thoughts. The word/symbol (w/s) "elephant" means a clearly definable thing to most people. The w/s "african elephant" means some thing more definable the simply "elephant".

The w/s "marijuana" (hereafter as m-word)means to "most people" something different than the w/s "Cannabis".

The m-word was coined to decieve the world in to believing that Cannabis was a "bad" thing. And since that time m-word has been blamed for a laundry list of charges and villafied to the extreme. The m-word means many bad things to many people. Even those who like Cannabis hold the lies we have been fed as true. When we use the m-word we trigger thoughts as quickly as the w/s "elephant". To use it reinforces the synapsis, no matter what our intention is when we use it.

Cannabis, Kannabis to our family overseas and especially Kaneh Bosm (please note I capitalize all, as they are sacred names) have not received the kind of negative press the pejorative m-word has. They represent science and the faith of our ancester.
This makes them better choices when trying to influence someone not privey to reality. Rolling Eyes

There are other words I would like to see fall it to disuse:
pot
reefer
devil's weed
herb (holy herb is good)
drug
dope!!!!
stoner
stoned
pothead
and others.
Someone else said Ganja, but this is the w/s of the Rasta folk, rather than use the m-word.

Now I am NOT saying we should pass a Church Edict with horrible ramifications.... (thunder rolls into the distance) I just want everyone to be aware the we are in a battle smash of image vs. image. Where how we sound and how we look and what we do will have an impact on the speed of the outcome. Yes! I said speed because I believe it is inevitable that we will be victorious, but how many have to suffer scared before that beautiful day.

Before anyone starts accusing me of employing Newspeak or censorship, I plead guilty as charged. We are the ones who can decide the future, even as Washinton, Jefferson, Adams, Herer or Jesus, with the words we choose. It is said the victors rewrite the history, I say Declare Victory Today and rewrite now.
Rev.B.S.Whitaker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If everything was legal, and I belive we should look at as if it were, because after all isn't that what Imaginearing, and the law of attraction would support??? then would it make any difference what we called it??? I for one personally appriciate the different names and slangs for it. I also now many people who use the "M-word" and they have no negative context associated with it, that is just simply what they perfer to call it. I Know many who call it "Bud" wich I would say if any word is misleading it's bud, after all we smoke the floweing cannabis tops and not the shoots that signify new branch and leaf growth that is botanicly speaking a "bud" but to me I don't care if you call it Medicine, Herb,(likkle mor inna ard H sound fi know at da mon dung ina Jamrock donkya, call un-o a Sweet kali bud, corn, food kaya,an a go on an on into skisms and isams, patois haffi much words). weed, nugs,grass wacky tobbacy, greens,dub sacks, or whatever. I find it pleseant to go to an area that is culturly different from my own and hear the local terminolgy. If we were to be so strict about it then we would also have to denote that it is the female cannabis flowere also, there are still many many false beliefs that it is the big sugar leaf that that stands for the classic motif, that is actualy the desirable part of the plant, and many law enforcers and judges do not know that there even is a difference between male and female plants.

Last edited by Rev.B.S.Whitaker on Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ferre
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use the word 'weed' a lot, and I don't feel there's any negative tone in that, most Dutch people say 'weed'. It IS a weed. Weed is good, it's just another word for Herb.

I hereby declare Peace on war!
█ Please read the Board Rules and Posting, and you
Radio Free Amsterdam
People who know truth, speak truth.
Those who don't, quote scriptures.
RevErikM
Shaman
Shaman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Ganja" isn't from the Rastas. The Rastas picked it up from the Himalayan Tribes and the denizens of India, where the female flowers have been known as "Ganja" since before the Han started building the Great Wall of China.

Interestingly enough though, the Chinese called it "Ma", and they called Ephedra Majoris "Ma Huang." Both were combined in Buddhist tea - yes, you can make a tea out of cannabis; while the resin isn't water-soluable, when you drop leaves or flowers into boiling water, the heat and boiling action of the water strips the resin from the plant material and deposits it into the water. It was said that a few cups of Buddhist tea would have you both completely relaxed and bouncing off the wall at the same time, lol, so they took it in moderation.
Johnny J

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Cannabis the best. Also, by saying "Cannabis," you are covering all products of the plant -- marijuana, hash, kif, etc.

Warmest Regards,

!!JOHnNY J!!
CALM_IN_THE_USA

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Brother Jack, this is true when relating we should...use the term Cannabis or Kaneh Bosm...using the above words do paint a picture that most media keeps portraying to the public that Marijuana is termed as a drug...I feel the guilt Sad...and kind of feel pretty bad actually about my Website name now.....but Before I first came to hear the truth about the anointing oil I had already been moving towards a Christian Alliance for the Legalization of Marijuana...which also is an acronymn for CALM ...and it was my intention to first relate to Christians that we were not suppose to judge people by what they consume into their body...Which this government does...But then God reveals all this to me about the oil, the incense and the daily sacrafice...after... I bought the domain name...So to me this is his will...funny...if you mix CALM USA around just a tad...it also spells calamus...the misinterpretation...of Kaneh Bosm...weird...
Rev. Jack

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Namasta Dearest Calm

I AM sooo sorry,It was never my intention to make you feel guilty. C.A.L.M. is a brilliant name! it so well counters the violent oppression we suffer. Its so funny you mention "Christian Alliance for the Legalization of Marijuana" this morning when I saw your post my mind filled out the acronym C.A.L.M. as.. "Christian Alliance for the Legalization of Marijuana"
perhaps my sub or super consciousness is trying tell tell us something.
Perhaps, IMHO, your site would be visible to Christians doing googles, and then you can use the m-word and calamus to illustrate the crimes againest humanity like Martin Luther did with his theses. Sad
john s revealer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use to detest the M-word then one day God revealed to me its true an Holy meaning. It has as you say been used to decieve the world. But when we break it down to its root we find that it has a very Holy origin, I know Ive posted this explanation before but here it goes one more time. When we break this name down it has the meaning of Mary beloved of God. Mari = mary and juana is the femine form of John from the Hebrew Yahn Yah being one of the Holy names of God. So this name is refrence to the Mother of the Christ. Even in this deception God has give his chosen with eyes to see and ears to hear the clues to the Holy nature of this our Holy sacrament.
As Brother Chris Benet suggest Jesus can only be the Christ by the annoiting of the Holy oil and the M-word is a revaltion to the origin of our faith.
Just as I prefer the signifcance of the word meat in the King James translation to more modern translation that say food. Meat has a much more powerful meaning that simply food. meat in that time had to be shared it was a sacrament as well as medicine [used as poltices to draw out infection ] as well as food. We need to educate our fellows in the christian world to the Holy nature of this name.
I myself rejected calling myself a christian for the many immoral act inflicted on the world in the name of my master I would rather be know simply as A Joushian
Spin~ello

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aloha(face breath)

Rev. Jack
I would like to start by saying I am offended by your title reverend.
reverend =
[1428, "worthy of respect," from M.Fr. reverend, from L. reverendus "(he who is) to be respected,"]
One earns anothers respect then gains this title to be used by the person whom decided respect is due.It is IMO not a title one can buy ,nor present to strangers IMO.

reverence =
[c.1290, from O.Fr. reverence, from L. reverentia "awe, respect," from revereri "to revere," from re-, intensive prefix, + vereri "stand in awe of, fear," from PIE *wer- "to be or become aware of" (cf. O.E. wær "aware, cautious;" see wary). The verb is first attested c.1300; revere (v.) is from 1661.]
I am not in awe to or of any human.
Awe = fear ,fright, & terror.

revere=
[To regard with fear mingled with respect and affection]
Revere rhymes with severe , 4 a SAD reason.

It also rhymes with persevere which =
[c.1340 (implied in perseverance), from O.Fr. perseverer, from L. perseverare "continue steadfastly, persist," from persevereus "very strict, earnest," from per- "very" + severus "strict" (see severity).]

you state:
Quote:
The m-word was coined to decieve the world in to believing that Cannabis was a "bad" thing.

Please show me a source of who coined this word!
I study etymology & the origin & original meaning of the of the M-word is
obscure.
I do know that it was not coined to "deceive" as it was a word used by central Americans whom used it in a purer time than todays greed based over priced way we know the plant today.YES a campaign was waged against the plant to cause fear but it was not the word marijuana that caused the fear.It was ignorant spewers of ignorance ,for profit not prophet!
[I am smart enough to know any profit mana destroys prophet mana especially when it comes to Qaneh Bos.]
They caused the plant to go into the black market to destroy it mana!
The word M-word did nothing to cause this.

Here is a clue to the M-words origins
As for the word marijuana, its etymology is not clear. Some sources say that it is the contraction of two first names that are
popular in Mexico, namely Maria and Juana. Others believe that this word comes from the Mexican word mariguano, which
means intoxicant, or the Panamanian word managuango, which has the same meaning.
From this source: http://www.cfdp.ca/hcap1499.htm
I have no problem with a Mary(as in mother of JESUS) & John(as in disciple of Jesus) origin(not a bad thing) or a Mexican word that means intoxicate(weak translation of the word BTW, mind altering is a better translation IMO).

The M-word itself bRINGs no unpleasant thoughts to any one without another root cause to dislike the plant.Any word for cannabis upsets the types that are against it ,out of past & present ignorance.
Where as the word trigger does give many bad thoughts.

I am sorry to lash out at you but I am tired of All ignorance.
(even my own)
Kannabis? from what Kaneh bos?
FYI the word kaneh is QNH Aka Qaneh.
http://www.studylight.org/lex/heb/view.cgi?number=07070
I was ignorant and called it kaneh for a bit after hearing Bennets works
(based on others before him) until I researched the subject myself.

Now on to the word pot
IMO the origin of this stems from Jomon people influencing a influential unknown smoker whom coined this word in trance .
AKA The first POTters.(12,000ybp)Whos pots has hemp cord marks upon them & ate wild gathered cannabis.

I do prefer the word spinello for jpint ,but reefer does not offend me.

You have a problem With herb? But not Holy herb.
(you need help & have not earned my respect)
I notice you use the word good.
Good and bad is a duality based existance thus I try to avoid those words as often as I can.

drug
I know that the word rug sits inside the word drug.
I like magic carpet rides ,and am not offended by them.
I do not my self use the term drug for cannabis ,but med users might.

dope!!!!(you seem to have real problem here)
here is my old sig.
I AM the pope of dope here to spread hope to those that need to cope from the plant that gives us rope.Rhyme & reason tell me the pope at one time used dope/cannabis.
The word dope also means to have the inside scoop on a word & its meanings.As in the strait dope.

Stoner & stoned to me shows cannabis to be the philosophers stone.
To have used the stone one becomes a stoner ,or current tense stoned.

Pothead to me means to channel the Jomon people to ones mind/head.

Ganja as in from the sacred Hindus river Ganga.

My self I would like to see the teaching of ignorance fall into disuse.
And the use of the word reverend as a title to strangers.

Quote:
Now I am NOT saying we should pass a Church Edict with horrible ramifications.... (thunder rolls into the distance)

I am not amused by your delusions of power.(i know U are joking but I see this is to lighten the mood thus dupe others emotions to get your way)

Quote:
I just want everyone to be aware the we are in a battle smash of image vs. image.

I am not part of your we & avoid people that speak for others.
IMO the communities image is tainted by the Jesus & Bible dissing I see often in these forums by ministers that buy a title.A court could simply use these forums to prove that this is not legit if they wanted to.Any jury that read things like
Quote:
"Was Jesus an Asshole?""For the record, yes, I do believe this Jesus fellow was a zealous madman, much like Tom Cruise. That is, if he even existed, which is improbable at best.
& saw that this person was not stripped of the bought title "Cannabis Sacrament Minister" or advised that the post(and many others like it) are against the base this places foundation is rooted in.Would not see this place in a positive image.

Quote:
It is said the victors rewrite the history, I say Declare Victory Today and rewrite now.

victor=
c.1340, from L. victorem (nom. victor) "a conqueror," agent noun from pp. stem of vincere "to conquer,".
I only wish to conquer ignorance & hate.& am smart enough to know rewriting history is what got mankind in our current sad situation.
I wish to write a new beginning from every moment I go forward & not rewrite the past.(A foolish ignorant notion that stands against absolute truths).

I do not mean to upset you(I know I probably have)
sadly the asshats(not potheads) that let shove be rhyme with love without instructing the people of the consequences ,created the existence that makes me be harsh toward the things you wrote.

I bid(offer)U peace

Check out my Hemperor & Hawaii themes for Firefox.

Pay heed,I plead,Plant the seed ,. 4 we all
need, the reed weed seed
to be freed, from greed and creeds!

I bid(offer)U peace

Last edited by Spin~ello on Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:21 pm; edited 3 times in total
David
Bard
Bard

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spin~ello

I have enjoyed your post , but your attack on Rev. Jack is unneccessary.
I did not give Rev. Jack his status, But I say he deserves respect as he is a Gentleman. I can tell you if he did not have his Title, I would still have respect for this Kind Hearted man. THIS BROTHER DESERVES REVEREND STASTUS IN MY EYES. He might have bought his status, but his earnt his status with me.
CALM_IN_THE_USA

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well what wisdom has been bestowed upon us of ignorance it may seem by such wonderful creative delightfulness as that???? I can say nothing other than Bravo...well said...however you fail to see not all are as wise as you word master...and not all know...the meaning of this and that...but using the terms marijuana, weed, pot ,and drug, as Brother and Rev. Jack says does indeed paint to the unlearned a picture that we do not want to continue to show...we must use wisdom when dealing with these kind... those who sit in darkness can sometimes be made blind by bright light...
CALM_IN_THE_USA

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and Sula Bennet, and Sara Benatowa is one in the same woman...right...I read it was a woman that discovered the translation error of qaneh bos ... not a man...Which this makes perfect since to me...from a revelation that the Lord revealed to me...because of her name and the spiritual correlation with many things ...in my own life...and that with in the scripture...Sara carried the promise seed...Sara named her son Isaac which means made to laugh....makes since why a woman by the name Sara found this error...perhaps its not a laughing matter but one I find quite interesting...
Spin~ello

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aloha(face breath)

David
I saddened to hear you think I attacked Jack(I have no ill will toward his flesh) ,I attacked the word "reverend" as a title & the ignorance Jack has uttered as a wish to dismiss & make fall alternate words many know & love for the plant Qaneh bosem.
[utter as in to feed U with]

My post was necessary 4 me personally & to others to possibly educate them.

Quote:
Gentleman

root = gentle
c.1225, from O.Fr. gentil "high-born, noble," from L. gentilis "of the same family or clan," from gens (gen. gentis) "race, clan," from root of gignere "beget" (see kin), from PIE base *gen- "produce." Sense of "gracious, kind" (now obsolete) first recorded c.1280; that of "mild, tender" is 1552. Older sense remains in gentleman "well-born man" (c.1275). Gentleman's agreement is first attested 1929.

I do not know if he is highborn or of a noble lineage from his post.
His attempt to disgrace words I love ,was not gracious to to me.

I avoid the word gentleman ,for it in implies others to be lesser than.

Quote:
THIS BROTHER DESERVES REVEREND STASTUS IN MY EYES.

I do not comprehend why you need to cyber scream(upper case) this line at me?
This is something that you observe ,4 U.
4 I am not your eyes.

/*::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::*/
Aloha(face breath)

CALM_IN_THE_USA
Quote:
Well what wisdom has been bestowed upon us of ignorance it may seem by such wonderful creative delightfulness as that????

All teachings are not delightful.
Example:The Buddhas first lesson was why does/did the bird lay dead.

I am no ones master but my own.
I have a condition that lets me feel words unlike most others ,true.
[I have been labeled to have aspergers syndrome.]
I am not a master of words ,words are my only master ,for they are the caster ,that molds & thus plasters the foundation of human creation.

Quote:
well said...however you fail to see not all are as wise as you word master...and not all know...the meaning of this and that...

I did not fail to see ,all do not have wisdom.
The fact that most do not ,greatly saddens me.

Quote:
but using the terms marijuana, weed, pot ,and drug, as Brother and Rev. Jack says does indeed paint to the unlearned a picture that we do not want to continue to show...we must use wisdom when dealing with these kind...

I observe that posts like the denial of Jesus & his existence by some ministers here ,
paint a picture to keep the unlearned of the true nature & ancient use of cannabis.
I think this place needs to clean its own picture within this house before it worries about others houses pictures.

If you are naive enough to think the other words mentioned for the plant need to fall ,you might also think Latinos should convert a name like Juan to John to be accepted by others.[paint a better picture]

Weed reed seed = The reed Qnh Bsm plant.
The common word 4 cannabis "weed" ,only backs up the connection thru rhyme & reason.
http://www.studylight.org/lex/heb/view.cgi?number=07070
observe the definition = reed.

Quote:
those who sit in darkness can sometimes be made blind by bright light...

I do not comprehend why this was directed toward me?
If it was directed at the so called unlearned ,then U must realize that ones need to prove the reed weed seeds heritage to others in any way often blinds them.
I know it as truth & have no reason to possibly blind others.
I know in my heart ,a greater source than the ministers here shall reveal it to all ,when the chosen hour ,day ,& second arrive.

Quote:
Sula Bennet, and Sara Benatowa is one in the same woman

From what I just googled, it appears they are one & the same.

I bid(offer)U peace.

Check out my Hemperor & Hawaii themes for Firefox.

Pay heed,I plead,Plant the seed ,. 4 we all
need, the reed weed seed
to be freed, from greed and creeds!

I bid(offer)U peace
David
Bard
Bard

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spin~ello

Your online dictionary is boring.

Sorry I thought you had some knowledge in religous titles, by saying that Rev. Jack did not recieve his title by someone you see to be authoritive in the matter or some holy act, that he should not have the title.

I am saying I think Rev. Jack is a gentle-man a kind-man and deserves his title.

You may run all the words through your boring dictionary if you feel a need, but don't reply I'm not intrested in your twisted mind.
Rev. Jack

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Namaste* Spinnello and all
Quote:
I would like to start by saying I am offended by your title reverend.
reverend =

Ya, me too. (sigh) We victims of the American language must bear a heavy burden. I absolutly agree that the word Reverend is stygmatized by the idea that one who is reverant before GOD should be revered. I don't want to be nobody guru, priest, saint or savior, and anyone who trys to make me such will be swiftly and lovinly kicked in the ass. And explained to, I am walking same world as you the only difference is I have devoted my life in the service of our creator and service to his children. The necessity of my having to start and operate a Church Instutition is abhorant and morally repugnant to me. In my ideal world the word Religion means "ones private relationship with the Divine within" nothing more, nothing less. I was raised Catholic and still have issues. By the way I was ordained in '81 in the ULC.

Are you offended by Roger Christie using Rev.?

Please understand my intention in starting this thread was to open a dialog on an issue I feel has great impact on the efficiency of our cause.
Not to try and tell anybody what they "must do". I made the comment
Quote:
Now I am NOT saying we should pass a Church Edict with horrible ramifications.... (thunder rolls into the distance)
cause People like to draw the wrong conclusions. Around here this kind of phrase is considered "high"humor. (Sarcastic but funny). Once youv'e been around long enough you'll catch on that there is a lot of different opinions and they're all OK!
The Mountain looks different to each person climbing, for each is on his/her own path, But it is and will always be the same Mountain. I am convinced to the depth of my soul that GOD only knows the sincere and passionate heart, the heart/soul that hungers for Truth, Beauty, Goodness, and most of all Love, the path [insert doctrine here] means nothing.

Quote:
Please show me a source of who coined this word!

Coin To devise (a new word or phrase). rather to make popular.
Was done by Anslinger and Hearst see http://www.cantheist.org/crimesagainsthumanity
one of my favorite sites is being revamped [quote]http://www.reefermadnessmuseum.org/[quote] there is a photo of a pack of Mexican cigerettes called Marijuana from the 20s I think.

Quote:
Others believe that this word comes from the Mexican word mariguano, which means intoxicant, or the Panamanian word managuango, which has the same meaning.
From this source: http://www.cfdp.ca/hcap1499.htm

I did not know that. The online dictionarys have no listing for the words. I wonder what their source was.

Quote:
The word M-word did nothing to cause this.
A word is a symbol of an idea, it can't "do" anything, any more than a gun can kill a person. However a word like a gun can be used to reek havoc.

Quote:
I am not part of your we & avoid people that speak for others.
Um, Confused If you're not part of "we" then why are you here with us? and not with them?

Light up and En-Lighten up clown

If your gonna be that picky your gonna get high blood pressure.

Quote:
Quote:
"Was Jesus an Asshole?""For the record, yes, I do believe this Jesus fellow was a zealous madman, much like Tom Cruise. That is, if he even existed, which is improbable at best.

& saw that this person was not stripped of the bought title "Cannabis Sacrament Minister" or advised that the post(and many others like it) are against the base this places foundation is rooted in.Would not see this place in a positive image.

This is an open forum and it is often missunderstood. Most of us are here because we have been hurt and mislead by The Church. While I personnally hate this kind of talk. I understand and love those who say it enough to fight and die for their right to say it. It is always my hope that something I post will help someone see The Truth, as I am helped every day to see more clearly by the posts here. Every one here is a student from Rev. Roger on ad infinitem, as well as a teacher.

Quote:
I only wish to conquer ignorance & hate
[size=18]AMEN[/size=18]
Quote:
.& am smart enough to know rewriting history is what got mankind in our current sad situation.
I wish to write a new beginning from every moment I go forward & not rewrite the past.(A foolish ignorant notion that stands against absolute truths).

If you replace "history" with "paradigm" does it make it easier? and "rewrite' with "refocus" or "re-highlight"

I know from having canvassed every day for 3 mo. for Question 7 that Branding makes a difference.

Mary Lou and David Thank you for your kind words!
Namaste* http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1992941183
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Questions and faqs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: