THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index
a bit of tea please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Talk about yum! M MMM Good!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kate
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 12:29 am    Post subject: a bit of tea please Reply with quote

all these different ways that i haven't thought of! quite a few to be created! thanks!

now for something to wash it all down with--

don't throw away those twigs, branches and other parts remaining after you clean the herb. save them for tea!
retreive a pot (no pun intended!) from the cabinets and fill 1/2 way with cold water. deposit twigs, branches, etc. bring to boil and then simmer 15 mins.
let cool for 10 mins. then strain tea to remove matter.
add desired amt.sugar/honey, another of your favorite tea
blend or experiement with different fruits added if you prefer iced tea.
one suggestion though-DON"T add milk.
for some reason (that i rather not know) it curls.
one of my favs is with honey & a shot of blackberry brandy. great way to warm those bones or just to relax and enjoy.

-kate-
Rev. Chazman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmmmm tea Smile
Thanks

Peace
I praise good thoughts, good words, and good deeds and those that are to be thought, spoken, and done. I do accept all good thoughts, good words, and good deeds. I do renounce all evil thoughts, evil words, and evil deeds. ---Avesta: Yasna
---------------------------------------------------
Future Servant of Cannatopia ©2004 - ∞ Rev. Chazman all rights reserved
Tafari

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love stem tea, it taste great natural no sugar or anything.

Tafari
Dragon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmmm..this sounds yummy for those who enjoy the taste of cannibis tea. But for it to have an effect other than hydration you need to add some sort of fat to extricate any thc that may be present. THC is not water soluable. Some full on cream could do the trick. Be sure nto to use lemon cuz that will surely curdle the cream. If you like buttered toast to dip in your tea then you may not mind floating a bit of butter in your infusion. Be sure to use the fat of your choice during the preparation and dont just add it after straining. Its too late then.
Kate

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the reminder!

when i first posted-i looked @ thought 'there's something missing' then dismissed it! i now refer to these incidents as "senior moments". lol
Lilli

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

man everytime I have made stem tea it tasted like yuk. I wish it would work for me. Lilli

I pass to you the torch that Christ once passed to me.
Others are still in the dark and need
the light to see.
"I AM"
"Gathering the fragments so that
none are lost"
His Shepherdess
http://missouri.thcministry.org/
mc nick-grassmoke

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this sounds great , i've been meaning to do this for a while, what kind of fatty substance should i use, any idea's, any thing good you've already done , besides butter.
The Moose

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't need fat. Alcohol will do the trick.

DO NOT HEAT ALCOHOL OVER DIRECT HEAT OR OPEN FLAME!

1) Put your herbs into a pan.
2) Pour your liquor (any you choose is fine) into your teapot.
3) Cook your herbs in water to loosen the fiber structure. Keep a lid on the pan as you do this.
4) Pour the hot solution into your teapot, cover, and wait until it reaches room temperature.
5) Reheat in microwave for hot tea or chill for ice tea.
6) Sweeten as desired.

This brew is good for helping to maintain THC levels in the bloodstream, I.E. drink it after smoking.
Urbanhog

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your input Moose. Smile
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime."
--Mark Twain, The Innocents Abroad (1869)
The Moose

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Urbie! Smile

I told you a bit about myself, how about a bit about you.

I live in Missouri, U.S.A. St. Louis area.

I am 44 and studying to be an English teacher.

Have used hemp since I was 19.

Started cooking with it at age 20.

Learned brewing at about the same time.

And you?
Urbanhog

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howdy Moose Smile

I am one of those "reprogrammed island dweller" who has left the smokey but yet sunny city of Brisbane in Queensland and escaped to one of these tropical island near Great Barrier Reef about nearly 800-900 kms away from where I used to live. Laughing

I been cooking foods since I can remember as I was brought up with silver spoon on poor man's budget Smile

First cooked with cannabis when I was somewhere between 16/17. My first successful canna-food was Canna-Coc-Mudcake and left a lot of my mates fried for hours, and I was proud of it. Shocked

I been brewing beers since I was a baby watching my father brewing his own beers Laughing joking Wink

I brewed my first beer... a nice nutty stout when I was 15 because the law says I can't buy beers, but there's no such a law about making your own Wink

I first got my father totally ripped on one of my Canna-Pestos he was totally anti-drugs, he was nearly 50 and now, loves my "special batch" of pestos. hehehe Twisted Evil

As my father is a food snob like me and he was impressed that he couldn't even taste weed in my special batch of pestos Wink

I am nearly 27 this year.... leading a pretty easy life and working at one of the Reef's hundreds of resorts spreading all over the beautiful tropical Queensland, the state of endless summers.

Other day I smoked my first cone for almost 4 months and it was a nice white rhino x (some kind of) haze strain and left me pretty much crippled for hours and almost "greened out" Confused

Since where I live the technologly is almost non-exisit hence why I am not on the net often.

Thats pretty much a summary of myself.

Toke On from down under mate.

Urbie.
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime."
--Mark Twain, The Innocents Abroad (1869)
The Moose

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That 'silver spoon on a poor man's wallet' biz is familiar here as well. My father's mother owned a hotel with restaurant and bar in Wyoming that she grew herself from a cart biz that she started after her hubby's oil field co-workers got envious of the homemade beer and sandwiches that she was bringing in for my grandfather's lunches. Her restaurant eventually got 4 stars before she sold it. My own mother learned to cook from being the oldest of 14 kids on a farm in south Texas. She worked as a waitress, then moved on to kitchen staff at five star restaurants. She refined her cooking skills under the students of such chefs as the inventor of Creme de Vichysoisse, Louis Diat, Chef at the Ritz-Carleton in New York in 1917.

Some people might label me as a food snob. And at times they are right. But, so am I when I say things like lobster is ruined by freezing, it must be cooked alive, and is best when consumed within an hour of catching.

I advocate that most people move closer to the pre-agrarian/paleolithic diet, yet they should not totally give up the wonderful tasty foods that we have learned to make so well since we left the stone age. I hear that you have a doctor down-under, a Dr. Ben somebody who also reccommends the old original diet of our species. He has a lot to say on the topic and all the scientific mumbo-jumbo to back it up too.

Special Pesto, eh? Care to share the recipe, mate?
The Moose

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

P.S.

My first cannadish was chocolate chip cookies. Just substitute cannabutter for half of the butter/margarine/shortning in the recipe you prefer and use regular baking margarine for the other half. Add an extra Tablespoon or two of brown sugar to help over-come any residual/unwanted flavors. Using an extract of butternut and vanilla flavoring instead of just plain vanilla extract helps as well. TRY IT! ogen
Embernytesong
regular contributor
regular contributor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find that if you put a 1/2 of a cinnamon stick in the tea while it is brewing it helps the taste out considerably.

Also if you are needing to kill pain add some white willow bark to the stem tea. (I usually use a tincture or essential oil) unless you are using straight herbs the thc content in the stems will be released by the alcohall or the essential oil

(to make an essential oil take a carrier oil (I prefere sweet almond or primrose) and place 1/4 of the container with herb. Let sit in a dark area for 6 months changing out the herb every week. (works better if you bruise the herb first) After 6 months the tincture is ready. to keep it fresh you can place in the fridge or add a vitamen e capsul (gel cap works best) of 1000 strength. If you are in a hurry you can take a coffee cup and place 1/4 cup filled with herb and fill up to almost near the top. Heat throughly for 7 minutes in the microwave BE VERY VERY CAREFUL>>>IT WILL BE HOT!!!!! take out of the microwave and stir till it cools down. strain and use)

ember nytesong

Cherish yesterday, dream about tommorrow, but live today!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Talk about yum! M MMM Good! All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: